Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Jun 5, 2010, 8:01 AM   #51

default shot : train and video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=573Gu713_SM

http://i48.tinypic.com/2h2dyd1.jpg
Old Jun 5, 2010, 8:04 AM   #52

Here is another shot from a distance looks like a cube, as you get closer to the site , thecube is the back side of a satalite dish, of cablevision. Asi always shown videos, here are some Pictures ofwhat the Playsport is capable of enjoy.

Old Jun 10, 2010, 6:53 PM   #53

update:

in a car the sound inot best, butwill do. due to windshield, it acts asa unfiltered screen and seperates the sound when driving , and this was only a few miles per hout not highway speeds;

so those that are looking for it as testing etc then be careful of how you choose your cam the ZI8 may be the better.
Old Jun 11, 2010, 3:43 AM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishycomics View Post
update:

in a car the sound inot best, butwill do. due to windshield, it acts asa unfiltered screen and seperates the sound when driving , and this was only a few miles per hout not highway speeds;

so those that are looking for it as testing etc then be careful of how you choose your cam the ZI8 may be the better.
Thank you for all your videos and testings.

I am seriously thinking of buying this cam for my upcoming trip in July and was wondering how well the still picture quality on the zx3?

Do you think it can perform more or less equal to most mid-level point and shoot camera?

Thank you in advance!
spcamno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2010, 5:45 AM   #55

I watched a Video on youtube last night 10 min long called under keyword search Kodak playsport and used option today a girls video of a cruise and review. I liked her review.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwMAN6CtpMs

What I did not likewas what a lot of people tend to do, never leave enough time to learn a camcorder.

And it's funny ( not to you or any one) how when one just watchs, and one just asks.....

I snapped a good number of secondary shots, stills in Daytime, and snapped some in Night time. and I feel it worked for me quite well, bette then other Pc low Budgets........

They claim 5mb, I am deffently sure it's INTERPOLATED 3 mb to 5mb the ZI8 was, I read it. I know I did.....

Within its class range Yes it will work well, with something out of its range. will be asking for sitting down at the Dinner table, andasking yourself

These are priceless moments what would afew dollars more do, set me back a week.....

what are my options;

return policy on the one I cannot afford, the one I can, can I get both and return one, auction, etec

I taken two cams on my vacation, Aiptek action HD GVS, Kodak ZI8.

So happy I taken the ZI8, yes I left home my SAnyo hd700 , casio exslim v7 and other low budgets. but i am happy I taken.....................

I hope that gives you an idea of whatto do. even though I did not recommend, persuede etc.. I am no sales person, but will say this

2001 -2 Mexico cruise shot all video with a Mustek dv3000 wished I could afford a better @ the time and only if I went to a better brand, never upset b/c I loved the Mustek just my memory shots are saved with a Olympus d490z still, and canon elphi2, and desposable if I taken all my apples and purchased one I wouldhave had lifetime memories LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spcamno View Post
Thank you for all your videos and testings.

I am seriously thinking of buying this cam for my upcoming trip in July and was wondering how well the still picture quality on the zx3?

Do you think it can perform more or less equal to most mid-level point and shoot camera?

Thank you in advance!
Old Jun 11, 2010, 12:28 PM   #56

Thanks Fishycomics for your reply!

I have just joined the HD bandwagon and bought a Panny HS250 to replace my Panny mini dv (I'm not brand particular but so happens that both camcorder were within my budget at the time I made the purchase).

Anyway, the HS will definitely be on the things to carry list for this trip but I am hoping to get another Camera which will also take decent video so I can use in or near the water without worrying and the Kodak seems fit the bill.

We normally take our Camcorder (previously was the mini dv) and a Stylus 760 (relatively small and easy to carry) and a Finepix S700 to take still pictures.

We are not photophile and we are happy with the two point and shoot camera's picture quality so if the kodak can provide images on par or close to what are are using I might consider left those two cameras at home and take just the new camcorder and the playsport.

I am interested in the Samsung AQ100 and still trying to find more information on it,any insight on this one?

Do you think the still picture quality is acceptable for my usage?

Thank you again!
Old Jun 11, 2010, 1:27 PM   #57

Yes I am sure it will do fine. it has what is called a Electronic shutter and if some cams you snap and move you'll get blurred shots I am sure you will like thecam, its again a decision.
Old Jun 12, 2010, 1:53 AM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishycomics View Post
Yes I am sure it will do fine. it has what is called a Electronic shutter and if some cams you snap and move you'll get blurred shots I am sure you will like thecam, its again a decision.
Thanks again for your post!

Well,.........................after some serious thought I might want to re-consider about the Kodak ZX3 again because it s a great camcorder takes very good video for an inexpensive compact camcorder but since you know I have bought the HS250 and that should do exc video compares to the Kodak and I am actually more on getting a waterproof camera which take decent video instead of the other way around so I am re-opening the door to re-consider the DMC-TS2 again.

The TS2 was on my top of the list at the beginning bt after seeing some videos taken with the ZX3 I was blown away with the quality of such an inexpensive camcorder.

I am pretty sure the TS2 take better still picture than the ZX3 so its a tough decision to make.

The TS2 is about 3 times the cost of a ZX3 and money is an object "but" I can't ageed more on what you said about priceless moment and I don't want to regret after so please comment on the TS2 since I have need to make the decision soon because I still need a week or two to learn to use the camera before I go on the July trip.

Thanks again for your help!
Old Jun 12, 2010, 6:33 AM   #59

1. that video of youtube. said it all, forthose who rush into things.

2 the ZX3 takes about 5 minutes to learn but a few days forotherswho are not into a "PC Low Budget Hybrid Camcorder, Great for the daytime"

3 Apples to Oranges, expensive vs budget, and yes HEY DEAR! did you see where I left my Rebel,? No Hon, I thought you had it at.... 2000.00 gone

or

HEY DEAR! I cannot find the Playsport, - Dam it fell off the top, hit the rocks and dropped in the water? but Hey Hon, its still working!
Get sweets take a shot of .....

I am no sales person, just got a opinion. you are best to go with what you think is the best for you. repeated this info to others, andhope for the best.............

Quote:
Originally Posted by spcamno View Post
Thanks again for your post!

Well,.........................after some serious thought I might want to re-consider about the Kodak ZX3 again because it s a great camcorder takes very good video for an inexpensive compact camcorder but since you know I have bought the HS250 and that should do exc video compares to the Kodak and I am actually more on getting a waterproof camera which take decent video instead of the other way around so I am re-opening the door to re-consider the DMC-TS2 again.

The TS2 was on my top of the list at the beginning bt after seeing some videos taken with the ZX3 I was blown away with the quality of such an inexpensive camcorder.

I am pretty sure the TS2 take better still picture than the ZX3 so its a tough decision to make.

The TS2 is about 3 times the cost of a ZX3 and money is an object "but" I can't ageed more on what you said about priceless moment and I don't want to regret after so please comment on the TS2 since I have need to make the decision soon because I still need a week or two to learn to use the camera before I go on the July trip.

Thanks again for your help!
Old Jun 14, 2010, 9:30 PM   #60

Earlier I was deciding on weather to buy the Zi8 or the Playsport. Now for a little more money than the PS I just saw a Fuji XP10. It's a digital camera with underwater capabilities (10ft). It shoots HD [email protected] Noise in low light seems about the same as the other cameras mentioned. What I do like a about the Fuji it has a 5x optical zoom. You can also zoom while recording video. it uses a CCD sensor, no more jello effect videos. A onboard flash, probably better WB controls. Any other thoughts or oppinions would be appreciated. Thanks
garman is offline   Reply With Quote