Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Jul 11, 2010, 6:18 AM   #71

Welcome Aboard Drac......

Unsure why a program will not run, as I have yet to try and hook mine up to the win 7. what I did was used my Zi8 and backed up the files. Something everyone should do, What if it crashs, like in your case.

Why Kodak refuses to offer orginal fw 1.01 with arcsoft.
SO rather getting support from Kodak, because the camera is not a year old, and it is supported by a team that may have the solution or not

Go to mediafire. and see if the download will work for you.

http://www.mediafire.com/?yyl0lzm4iym

Quote:
Originally Posted by draculam View Post
I'm having problems getting the software to install.
the Launch Camera Software, comes up, but fails to do anything.
my computer see's the software in the camera.
I have the latest computer, windows7, camera Software alst latest version
Ive tried running Arksoft as administrator, but fails.
What am i doing wrong, can you advise please.
Drac
Old Jul 14, 2010, 11:07 AM   #72

Have been looking at camcorderinfo's review of the Playsport. Looking at the magnified crops of low light noise, it looks like the playsport lowers the resolution in low light (probably binning) and probably also low frame rate. This is something I was advocating in this camera sector for years. Good to see it. Now days sensors are much better in low light (look at latest Sony sensor, actually many) so they have less need of this.
Wayne12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18, 2010, 11:36 AM   #73

Looking for a little HD pocket cam to bring with me when I'm out taking photos. This and the Zi8 seem to be the popular choices. I'm assuming it would be okay to just stick on my tripod at say, the airport while I take photos? I might want to pan a bit (I have a nice panning head) as well.
KeKeKumba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18, 2010, 12:58 PM   #74

Welcome aboard, I walked into Bestbuy awhile ago, and I thought the price really dropped down to 130.00 I am sure it did, and back up today @ 180.00 Thezx3 wasaround 140.00

so yeah depending on what you're shooting, if its at a major Aiprport, you may need to check your local laws. something we do as a hobby, can be fine but if it deals with other. think twice...........

The stills are not pure 5 mb but Interpolated to. if you seesome shots I posted they are just shots. watch some vids locate some stills and ask questions. i am sure others will oofer their advice

welcome aboard
Old Jul 18, 2010, 1:20 PM   #75

Oh, the filming is not a problem at all. I'm in Ottawa, Canada. You can get right up on the fence and no one cares. Lots of people there all the time.

I'd like to film at 720p 60FPS, half the time on a tripod while I take photos (meaning, I'd start the cam when I see something coming in, and then just leave it there while I snap away), the other half panning a bit on the same tripod. The only thing I'm concerned about is the zoom. I don't need think I'll need much, but it's always nice to have. Also, the sound. Any idea on how that would hold up with planes?

I'm a photographer first, but I go to the airport often and something like this would be nice to have.
KeKeKumba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18, 2010, 2:14 PM   #76

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6MpBWNmXqw
no difference in cam, this is the Zi8 sound is raised up. you can hear the truck engine 50 feet away, my engine quiet, and the coaster screaming.

so i am sure that you're after croud, it will do fine. just not when one person needed to be picked out, unless you get a gadget. to the ext mic.
Old Jul 20, 2010, 8:10 AM   #77

Hello guys, I just got the Kodak Playsport and I have a quick question about it. Is there anyway after I publish a movie to move it back on my SD card and play it through my camera on my HDTV?
FlyinRyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2010, 2:30 PM   #78

You should be able to if you save it to the same format which I believe is .mov.
HDfan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2010, 2:41 PM   #79

If you publish a movie, that means edit with a program, can you get that movie onto the ZX3. yes. Kodak neverknew that they had a pmp player
Render in Total media impressions to the file Quicktime.mov and rename the file if you changed it back to one of the orginal formats

example 124_0001 from the 124sport folder.
Old Jul 20, 2010, 3:01 PM   #80

Okay thanks guys. I cant seem to get it to work though. I took 5 clips off my playsport then edited them with Kodaks software, then when I moved it back on the camera it didnt recognize it. If I take the SD card out and put it in my laptop its on there though.. I'll try to mess around with it again tonight.
FlyinRyan is offline   Reply With Quote