Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old May 5, 2010, 4:46 AM   #1

Default Budget pocket hd camcoders available in india like kodak zi8

AFTER THOROUGH RESEARCH I THOUGHT OF WRITING THIS ARTICLE DUE TO IMMENSE DEMAND FOR POCKET HD CAMCODERS IN INDIA (ESPECIALLY THE KODAK ZI8) IN FORM OF VARIOUS QUERIES IN VARIOUS TECHNICAL FORUMS.I HOPE MY VITAL PIECE OF INFORMATION WILL SERVE THE INTERESTS OF MANY POCKET HD CAMCODER GEEKS AND BUFFS ALL OVER INDIA.

I myself is a great fan of pocket hd camcoders and my kodak zi8 is arriving from USA(minneapolis) on june 3rd (via a friend).

History tells us that India has served as a dumping ground for the outdated technology (unsold electronic gadgets) .Cheap pocket hd (high definition-1080p and 720p) camcoders are available in USA and Europe for less than $200 (Rs 9000) but in India the scenario is different. Even dvd (480p) camcoders are as expensive as Rs 15,000, much beyond the budget of a common man which would leave a big hole in the pocket. The possible reason for overpricing of electronic gadgets in india is attributed to high tax imposed by the goverment. The only option leaft to the common man is to buy such electronic gadgets from the online shops in USA which is very unsafe due to overseas frod dealers and problamatic due to intervening indian customs (stealing and applicable duty charges). Another method would be requesting a friend working in USA to buy the product from amazon.com (USA) and later bring it to india along with him or else courier the product to India. The private courier services like UPS/DHL and government courier services like USPS (United States Postal Service) are the only choices is such a situation.The former are very safe (provide online tracking facility till the parcel is delivered to the target) but expensive ($90-$110 for small box) where as the latter are cheap ($30-$40 for a small box) but insecure due to risk of getting stolen by babu's (post master) once the parcel is handed over to indian postel service. USPS provides online tracking fecility untill the parcel reaches india but further transport is undertaken by indian postal service. There are many consumer complaints about indian postal service where the parcel was stolen or undelivered.

SURPRISE SURPRISE SURPRISE

KODAK ZI8 (THE UNDISPUTED KING OF POCKET HD CAMCODERS) is now available for purchase in india for just Rs 9,999. Though ZI8 hasen't been officially launched in india by kodak. Undoubtedly zi8 is the best budget pocket HD camcoder in the world. It has a now a new sibling called kodak playsport which is mere downgraded zi8 (no macro mode,no mic jack,smaller lcd screen,rugged design,water proof upto 3 metres depth,no flip off usb port,relatively smaller size and cheaper(149$ at amazon.com USA) .Mr.Karthik.Mehta also told me that he now sells KODAK PLAYSPORT HD for Rs 8,000 at his shop (though the product has not been displayed by them yet on Ebay or their official website.If interested to buy it ,you can contact the JJMEHTAS via google chat or telephone.

This is sold by jjmehta and sons on ebay india who is a power seller with 100% Positive feedback. This comes with 1 year warranty. Many thanks to mr.kartik mehta for bringing this product to india for a very competitive price. Because previously the only way to buy this camera in india was from usa through the ebay global easy buy (cgi.ebay.com-zi8 was priced at around rs 15,000). Moreover it would be allways insecure buying from a foreign country online.

The link to buy ZI8 (with specifications) online in india is,

http://cgi.ebay.in/Kodak-Zi8-Pocket-...-/200463135605

For buying this from ebay india (cgi.ebay.in) you just need to open an ebay account (Register) and later make the payment through paisa pay (with a debit or credit card) which is a very secure transaction.

You can also buy ZI8 online in india directly from jjmehta's official website (for i rupee more i.e Rs 10,000) through a bank transfer if dont have a debit/credit card.

The link for zi8 on jjmehta's official website is,

http://www.jjmehta.com/products/kodakzi8.html

'JJMEHTA's REPUTATION' 'JJMEHTA's REPUTATION' 'JJMEHTA's REPUTATION'

1)one of the premier sellers for complete range of Digital Cameras and Apple iPODS . Regularly strives to give our buyers the best advice and digital cameras from the best brands.
2)provide prompt and genuine service . Goods are dispatched on the same or next day of confirmation or receipt of payment .
3)deliver all across Indian ideally via TNT Courier or Aramex Courier . In Locations where these couriers are unable to service we use EMS Speedpost Service of Indian Postal Service .

You can also buy this camera in mumbai from jjmehtas shop, the address is-
J. J. MEHTA & SONS
Near Dadar (W) Railway Station, Chhabildas Road, Dadar (W), Mumbai 400028 , INDIA
Phone : 91-22-2430 6854/ 2430 2104/ 2430 6356 | Fax: 91-22-2430 6747
Email (Info) : [email protected] | Email (Sales) : [email protected]

'OTHER POCKET HD CAMCODERS AVAILABLE IN INDIA' 'OTHER POCKET HD CAMCODERS AVAILABLE IN INDIA' 'OTHER POCKET HD CAMCODERS AVAILABLE IN INDIA'

There is another 1080p chinese pocket hd camcoder similar to zi8 sold under the name VENTURER HD (MODEL-FS200 i suppose,which is not as good as ZI8 in either video quality or low light performance but is relatively cheaper) for Rs 7,800 available on ebay india.

The link to buy it (with specifications) is,

http://cgi.ebay.in/Smallest-HD-Camco...item563b9c09e4

There is another pocket HD camera called MI-CAM (which is not as good as either zi8 or venturer HD but cheaper) available on homeshop18 for just Rs 5,099. The best part of homeshop18.com is that you can pay the money after the product is delivered to you (COD=cash on delivery).

The link to buy it (with specifications) is,

http://www.homeshop18.com/shop/u/y/p-Camera-Q-and-Q-Optics-S-Camcorders-S-Mi-Q-5Megapixel-Q-Digital-Q-Camcorder-Q---Q-Model-Q-No.-Q-Mi-Cam/Home_Online-pI_40916-clI_2-cI_830-pCI_782-

But my best bet would be to buy kodak zi8 from jjmehta because of kodak brand and the genuine dealer (jjmehta). Zi8 captures more crisper video and has a very good low light performance compared to other budget pocket HD camcoders and is best in its class ( when compared to flip mino/ultra HD,samsung umx h10,jvc picsio, rca wonder,venturer HD and creative vado HD).

Creative vado hd (2nd generation model) is available in india in bangalore for around rs 15,000 (but very expensive).

The link with specifications is,

http://in.creative.com/products/feat...ProductCatIcon

The link to creative vado distributers in india is,

http://in.creative.com/shop/in-distributor.asp

I KNOW I HAVE SERVED THE REQUESTS OF MANY PEOPLE IN INDIA WHO ARE DESPERATE TO EITHER KNOW OR BUY A BUDGET POCKET HD CAMCODER.PLEASE REPLY IF YOU FIND MY ARTICLE USEFULL! YOUR REPLIES WOULD BE A REWARD TO MY PAINSTAKING RESEARCH. FOR ANY QUERIES PLEASE MAIL ME AT
[email protected]

Last edited by drramkishorehs; Jun 29, 2010 at 12:12 PM.
drramkishorehs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links