Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Jun 15, 2010, 9:34 AM   #1

Default Aiptek 3D Camcorder Now Up...

http://www.aiptek.com/Merchant2/merc...&Store_Code=AS

Private Idaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 15, 2010, 11:46 AM   #2

I expect a lil more professional glassesfor that price. and Only and only if Aiptek had asked. I say you be this Guenie Pig and purchase, trial and return
Old Jun 15, 2010, 2:45 PM   #3

That link clears up some confusion.

So for regular TV's you would use the colored glasses, otherwise you would need an actual 3D HDTV.

The original video on youtube seemed to imply that you would just use any HDTV and polarizing glasses. I immediately thought this odd as polarizing glasses wouldn't work with regular TVs!

For the $199 it is going on amazon, it would be fun a bit of fun with kids though!

Fishycomics, it seems the video files support both 3D HDTV and regular TV's (hence the colored glasses) That's good as it allows those of us who are not likely to buy a true 3D HDTV anytime soon a chance to play with an inexpensive 3D video camcorder.

Last edited by rgvcam; Jun 15, 2010 at 2:48 PM.
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2010, 2:50 PM   #4

Yes it be fun for that while, and then it be a drawer collector, collecting dust, loosing those paper glasses,, or wathing on the additional frame you have to purchase seperately. well I had no problem doing 3d with software, that I had interest , one minute , and totally lost after..

and never saying its not for me, maybe one day it will be, for now.

I'll take the few Hundred, invest in a 4d video @ wdw DIsney world, or Kong 3d, etc. other video's

I again will wait for Smellivision.....
Old Jun 15, 2010, 5:21 PM   #5

In all honesty, I can not think of a single instance where this 3D gizmo technology would be useful and would actually contribute to tell a quality story (on a movie or documentary).
subc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2010, 6:25 PM   #6

anythimg shot out side a radius may or not even be usefull.
Old Jun 16, 2010, 1:06 PM   #7

OOhhhhhhhh, how cool is that.

fishey, my 4d insight, thinks you shall be wrong (and the smellivision idea potentially stinks, oh how fun to act like a teenager again)?
Wayne12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2010, 1:13 PM   #8

What is the spec of the DXG camera compared to this? I am interested in ordering. Pity play sport wasn't 3D. if it turns out really crappy, well what do I expect, at least it is 3D, and not worth too much. I went and asked about 3D monitors yesterday

Truths. Somewhere over at toms hardware they have articles on 3D displays. You can actually buy 3D polarizing displays, but they claim that they either use interlace or matrix mixture to get the effect, either way, reduced resolution. Shutter glasses however, full resolution, for now. You can also buys displays not requiring glasses, though mostly reduced angle of 3D, But I think I posted about Toshiba had a no glasses 3D display a year or two ago, that was pretty nifty, and might be good (more along the liens I have been waiting in times past for).
Old Jun 16, 2010, 1:18 PM   #9

Oh, no, 5mp crap again, in 3D, at 720p30, no macro focus, 1/3.2 inch, lets hope it is a backbit Sony sensor . No microphone socket. does it have waterproofing? well at least the 720p interpolated should keep the apparent noise down.
Old Jun 16, 2010, 1:20 PM   #10

Hm, I do have old 3D lasses stashed around here to look at the page images.