Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Jul 11, 2010, 5:25 PM   #11

compared to older Pcs the Jazz is a winner
Old Jul 11, 2010, 11:06 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbing View Post
Well compared the Kodak Zi8...The Zi8 is awesome!
You are comparing a camcorder that didn't exist back then with an older inexpensive model that was considered a bargain at the time. I would sincerely hope the Zi8 is much better!
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1, 2010, 7:34 PM   #13

UPDATE#. I received the fresh fully charged battery in the mail and I'm happy to say the camera still works. Looks Like I'll just be purchasing a 3rd party NP-60 battery charger instead of getting the charger for the camera. since I now have 2 batteries. and I can get a charger and battery locally for about $46CDN that also doubles as a car charger.

I know its not fair to compare this camera to the video quality on my D90 but by comparison the HDV178 video quality really isn't bad but when put side by side with the DSLR video it looks like a glorified webcam. of course the sensor size in the HDV178 is likely the size of a cell phone camera sensor so of course its not a fair comparisson. But I'm happy that I have the lightweight cam I can mount on the dash of my car and record driving video
Zensokustudios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1, 2010, 7:50 PM   #14

as this is a powerful cam, the processor is far less , it uses 800mhz, while others minimum 2.0 overstock.com 10.00 you may get 2 batts and a charger. look for the deals.