Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Sep 17, 2010, 11:02 AM   #41

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcdOi...eature=related

This one seemed to prove the new Kodak Playtouch generates great color video.
Private Idaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2010, 3:05 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Private Idaho View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcdOi...eature=related

This one seemed to prove the new Kodak Playtouch generates great color video.

I am so happy I saved my Dough, very pleased i saved it. NYC is busy, Loud, and colourful, and this shows the perfection of just that. and does not meet my expectation. Possably others wil be satasfied.
Old Sep 17, 2010, 3:06 PM   #43

Thanks, the video links are great, it deffently helped me to say P A S S

Quote:
Originally Posted by adalfa View Post
Old Sep 18, 2010, 6:27 AM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishycomics View Post
I am so happy I saved my Dough, very pleased i saved it. NYC is busy, Loud, and colourful, and this shows the perfection of just that. and does not meet my expectation. Possably others wil be satasfied.
Oh! Fishy could you explain why you're not considering this one? I myself, am looking for a pocket camcorder and I am leaning towards the Playtouch very much, but too expensive and not even available in europe.
adalfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2010, 7:19 AM   #45

From watching other videos. and reading the comment:

the sound is notto par, the video is blurred, and pixaled with artifacts. zoom is in incremental not seamless,

I do not want to take two steps back, when other companies are already four steps ahead.

It is not right to sell a camera, and have those same artifacts branded in there, Jello, shutter lag, light adjustment, sound seperation, pixalation, over exposed pr incorrect filteration for saturation, color balance, etc, etc...

I have two other Kodaks, and that to me having a third with repeated artifacts, will be tossed $$$

I am sure others who never owned one may or not notice this, but other who already own and wanted a big improvememnt will be dumping hard earned cash for what they could have gotten, a beter cam of another company.

I feel its a P A S S
Old Sep 18, 2010, 3:05 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishycomics View Post
From watching other videos. and reading the comment:

the sound is notto par, the video is blurred, and pixaled with artifacts. zoom is in incremental not seamless,

I do not want to take two steps back, when other companies are already four steps ahead.

It is not right to sell a camera, and have those same artifacts branded in there, Jello, shutter lag, light adjustment, sound seperation, pixalation, over exposed pr incorrect filteration for saturation, color balance, etc, etc...

I have two other Kodaks, and that to me having a third with repeated artifacts, will be tossed $$$

I am sure others who never owned one may or not notice this, but other who already own and wanted a big improvememnt will be dumping hard earned cash for what they could have gotten, a beter cam of another company.

I feel its a P A S S
I get what ur saying and since you own two Kodak's already, maybe it's time to try something new. I guess new owners won't see those cons, and most will care more about the touchscreen than videoquality. Since I'm not a previous Kodak owner, I'm still considering it, if the prices here drop. Second pocket camcorder I'm considering is Sony's Bloggie Touch. The video test done at IFA 2010 looks good to me. Well I just have to wait patiently, since neither are available here yet.
Old Sep 18, 2010, 4:43 PM   #47

I deffently concider a Sony as well, but I did go to the Sanyo Pd2,new comers will benefit yes. previous owners expect more.

Quote:
I get what ur saying and since you own two Kodak's already, maybe it's time to try something new. I guess new owners won't see those cons, and most will care more about the touchscreen than videoquality. Since I'm not a previous Kodak owner, I'm still considering it, if the prices here drop. Second pocket camcorder I'm considering is Sony's Bloggie Touch. The video test done at IFA 2010 looks good to me. Well I just have to wait patiently, since neither are available here yet.
Old Sep 20, 2010, 4:53 AM   #48

The Sanyo PD2 is also a great choice. I'm looking forward to see your review. Maybe you can convince to buy on of these instead . It's available in europe and the price is low(Way to go Sanyo!).
Old Sep 20, 2010, 6:13 AM   #49

Quote:
The Sanyo PD2 is also a great choice. I'm looking forward to see your review. Maybe you can convince to buy on of these instead . It's available in europe and the price is low(Way to go Sanyo!).

the cam is on its way by tue.wed.
Old Sep 20, 2010, 10:21 AM   #50

Two reasons why I'll pass on the Sanyo:

1. No external microphone input (a major problem).

2. No remote control (for me another major problem).
Private Idaho is offline   Reply With Quote