Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Aug 24, 2010, 7:29 PM   #1

Default New Kodak Camcorder

I just wanted some help deciding on which camcorder to purchase. I either will get the Kodak Zxd or the Kodak Zi8. I like the 1080p option on the Zi8, but the Zxd records in 720p @60fps. Will I see any difference in 720p @60fps and 1080p? Thank you for all responses.

Steven
sbhyles is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 25, 2010, 9:32 AM   #2

Steven,

Welcome to Steve's Forums. I moved your post to our Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams thread where I think you'll get a better response to your question.

Good luck!
billy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25, 2010, 10:18 AM   #3

The 720p @ 60 frames per second is ideal for fast action such as sports.

You'll see smoother motion during video playback.

The 1080p option, of course, provides less smooth motion @ 30 frames per second, however, it results in greater sharpness due to the higher resolution.
Private Idaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25, 2010, 10:21 AM   #4

By the way, the Zi8 model will let you record *either* 720p @ 60 frames per second or 1080p @ 30 frames per second.

The ZxD model, on the other hand, only lets you record in 720p up to 60 frames per second.
Old Aug 25, 2010, 4:50 PM   #5

That Kodak ZXD model seems to be a good value as it is selling for $85 online and that really is a low price. The optional remote control is $15.

Another interesting feature is that it runs on AA pre-charged Ni-MH rechargeable batteries.
Old Aug 25, 2010, 5:19 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbhyles View Post
I just wanted some help deciding on which camcorder to purchase. I either will get the Kodak Zxd or the Kodak Zi8. I like the 1080p option on the Zi8, but the Zxd records in 720p @60fps. Will I see any difference in 720p @60fps and 1080p? Thank you for all responses.

Steven
Welcome Aboard Steven Sbhyles;

What are your intentions to shoot video?

I own a few models both kodaks, and love to add the 3rd one in, etc...

Kodak ZI8, Playsport, and Playtouch all three are of equeal filming, only difference will be macro mode, ext mic nd interior editing of a single fil only.

the zx1, looks like all those buttons are of a feather touch. vz. actual push buttons. I preferre actual ones due to climate.

1/2 5 vz 1/2 5 cmos will be adifference in shooting low light etc etc,

macro on zi8, compare the specs..............

I believe you'll be very pleased in either one, HD1080P is by far superior when ultilizing it wit hteh correct devices. good luck in your choises. Sept 2010 many new models are coming out.