Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Aug 30, 2010, 7:45 PM   #1

Default LF free editing software for Zx3

Hi, just purchased the kodak zx3 and am looking for some easy to use free software to edit video clips. thanks rob
seabird is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 31, 2010, 12:36 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by seabird View Post
Hi, just purchased the kodak zx3 and am looking for some easy to use free software to edit video clips. thanks rob
Have you tried using the ArcSoft Media Impression software that comes with the camera?
vwestlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31, 2010, 4:39 AM   #3

Arcsoft is not Free, it came with most cams, the software to purchase alone cost nearly 99.99. was developed, and very sophisticated, but simple to use, no other software will allow you to reload any tpe, most type file formated converted back into the cam as a QT.MOV to replay as a PMP.

If you want a Free program, there may not be much outthare that will support, AVCHD video.

I can shoot off a few names of free online editing.
Eyespot, unsure as I rarely use.

One day Vimeo, and Youtube will catch on, and offer Online editing , as cams are more and more becoming instant loaders.

Cannot have one without the other?

Two things that may happen, a lower pricing on baisc models, leave the other to your imagination.....
Old Aug 31, 2010, 7:27 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishycomics View Post
Arcsoft is not Free, it came with most cams, the software to purchase alone cost nearly 99.99. was developed, and very sophisticated, but simple to use, no other software will allow you to reload any tpe, most type file formated converted back into the cam as a QT.MOV to replay as a PMP.

If you want a Free program, there may not be much outthare that will support, AVCHD video.

I can shoot off a few names of free online editing.
Eyespot, unsure as I rarely use.

One day Vimeo, and Youtube will catch on, and offer Online editing , as cams are more and more becoming instant loaders.

Cannot have one without the other?

Two things that may happen, a lower pricing on baisc models, leave the other to your imagination.....
thanks for the replies and i don't recall seeing any software with the unit. so if i have to pay for something...what would you recommend? thanks
Old Aug 31, 2010, 2:46 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by seabird View Post
thanks for the replies and i don't recall seeing any software with the unit. so if i have to pay for something...what would you recommend? thanks
you plug your cam in and it will be recognized of two drivers one of the software, the other your card. I highly recommend to save to a cd, dvd, disk

did you just purchase and awaiting for delivery.
Old Aug 31, 2010, 6:38 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishycomics View Post
you plug your cam in and it will be recognized of two drivers one of the software, the other your card. I highly recommend to save to a cd, dvd, disk

did you just purchase and awaiting for delivery.
no i have received the unit...and i'm just playing around with it now to find this software you're speaking of...rob
Old Sep 1, 2010, 4:42 AM   #7

instructions tell you how togo about getting to the software.

Pc will have TMI,

Mac will not,

1 plug cam to PC, it recognises cam, opens driver or drivers, done. At that point Drver:*, and driver*, one a sd, the other software, you are set.

2. if not then try a new port, your usb ports are full, there is a limit to how many devices per port, or curruption

3. every time you plug hte cam in the two drivers will load.

If you have issues. Kodak.com, help center, support team, they made the cam, they should walk you through, I am sure tht is the issue. Not attepting plug in, and trying a new port . Playing around with it means cam only, the newest model will now have inhouse cutting, editing not with trans and titles etc. just cut and dry.

plug and play.
Old Sep 6, 2010, 6:27 AM   #8

re-edit: As fishy says.

There have been people here that have posted about free opensource software. It would be in topics asking about editing/software for aiptek/kodak etc, or the review threads.

Last edited by Wayne12; Sep 6, 2010 at 6:31 AM.
Wayne12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2010, 7:01 PM   #9

What I do, I look for the deals. and am sure oterhs are as well. Frys.com. a Western coast store, never been in one. but online, every Friday they offer on page six of the eeks special software/dvd/music.

This weeks time was Pre labor day. labor day, back to school, and Fridays specials.

Sept 10, 2010 Coral video pro X3 19.99, 55.00 off no otherupgraded programs to have.

Sony Movie Hd 9.99, must own other program to get the additional offer.

Last Week for free was Pinn 14U, but I understand you do not want to Dish out $$ to save $$

I totally understand you're asking for a link to a 100% free editor

http://avs4you.com/

I as well keep an eye out at deal of the day.com they offered avs4u 100% free, Pc crashed was betterthan win moviemakers in ways.

http://jaycut.com/

This is a online editor site, simular to eyespot. I forget at times. other than that 5 minutes to search, I am sure you rather use a program that you can purchase. e

enjoy
Old Sep 18, 2010, 9:35 PM   #10

AVS is one of those free trial jobs I think, there are a few around that offer a free trial and then there are free ones that require you to pay for an optional HD pack. Avidemux and Blender may be worth a look, depends on your puters operating system too.
260DET is offline   Reply With Quote