Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Sep 28, 2010, 11:23 AM   #11

Always welcomed. The ca as I personally own will be my own decison on keeping it or decison on another cmpanies product.

With various conditions this cam has been put to the handeling of what I believe is fair, honest, and no hidden mumble jumble.

Based on my opinion your choice of a caompany, how they build, where made means all in the world. Never did I know vietnam was sanyos origon, and own the hd700. Loving that cam to the fullest. Wishing they kept what internals. From that cam and intergrated to the pd2.

Flimsy

It is not

Hard to keep a perfect. Grip, more like it.
Old Sep 28, 2010, 11:23 AM   #12

Always welcomed. The ca as I personally own will be my own decison on keeping it or decison on another cmpanies product.

With various conditions this cam has been put to the handeling of what I believe is fair, honest, and no hidden mumble jumble.

Based on my opinion your choice of a caompany, how they build, where made means all in the world. Never did I know vietnam was sanyos origon, and own the hd700. Loving that cam to the fullest. Wishing they kept what internals. From that cam and intergrated to the pd2.

Flimsy

It is not

Hard to keep a perfect. Grip, more like it.
Old Sep 28, 2010, 3:53 PM   #13

Because of the Low price on Woot and Amazon the other day, I bought one. I hope I'm happy with my choice, as my first pocket camcorder.
richn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2010, 5:43 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishycomics View Post
Pros and cons
Great videos, "Fishy", as always.

Wow, you can clearly hear the noise from the zoom motor in this clip. Very loud noise.

The sky is overexposed. No details or clouds, just white and bright. Yikes. Clip.

This low-light clip clearly shows how bad the PD2 handles low-light situations. Unfocused and the green look almost like neon.

From what I have seen, the PD2 seems to be a very bad HD pocket camera.

Did Sanyo "rush" it?
Hurnubrunko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2010, 6:07 PM   #15

IT is a Decision, one will have to decide. Gear noise is no issue at all, If SAnyo just only Placed it on the box, rather posted in an Online manual, they lose a number of sales. its no malfunction.

As for colors, we know each company tweaks, andcontinue to tweak in firmware.

Rather Judge just on a few videos, We, I need to get a colourful day , and I hope before my decision time..

What makes it harder, each day I use it and compare for myself, and show others.

I have Observations, to run. and the FInal one is boring so boring it will be the final one. Battery test & file recording. Stated 30 minutes per. And 65 mintes battery

Already the file record stopped before 30. min 28 plus to be exact will verify soon. second file working on , and hopefully the battery will last, I mentioned I got around 30 minutes first use. and now 45 minutes in I believe that is Fine. Remember no zoom or still taken, so I can imagine any in between stuff zoom turn on/off will extend or shorten life.

To say it is a Bad cam I respect your opinion, but when I was on the road and pulled to theside of the look out WOWED me. no questions asked. Sun behind me ........ tells me the cam worked well. No sun spot, no glare in the cam, no sun flare, colors were natural VIVID, and acted like a Sanyo.

Did you see the last comparison I made I believe that was what may sell others

Do not gt me wrong, the Soud is Beefed up Sweet, I'll miss that. The Video did all right. But at given times the unfocus, due to my 150K windshield LOL, it is common to look blurry. Why someshots I now open the side window.

I am hopingfor a Great weekend, no headaches, and do a Bike ride to the Peir, if not Rollerblade, and get my final videos in.

I must sit down, and write down the good the bad and th ugly, And do my conclusion, and that I have not thet ime, or remember the issues LOL.

thank you for your comment , it means a lot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurnubrunko View Post
Great videos, "Fishy", as always.

Wow, you can clearly hear the noise from the zoom motor in this clip. Very loud noise.

The sky is overexposed. No details or clouds, just white and bright. Yikes. Clip.

This low-light clip clearly shows how bad the PD2 handles low-light situations. Unfocused and the green look almost like neon.

From what I have seen, the PD2 seems to be a very bad HD pocket camera.

Did Sanyo "rush" it?
Old Sep 30, 2010, 11:23 PM   #16

Default Just got my PD2 but....

I just got my PD2 from woot and took some 1080 videos with it. When I play it back on my computer with VLC player, the video is choppy and stutters.

When I play the video on my PD2 it does not stutter.

Why is the video choppy when I play the video on my comp?

I've got an Athlon X2 3800+ processor running on a 64bit Windows 7.
Sleepy888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 2010, 5:49 AM   #17

1. you did no read the manual, but we know love to play first then read later.

With the Sanyo the larger th file size and longer it is, videos will be Choppy, stated by Sanyo a Professional company.

The requirements must be Higher than 3.0 ghz of the machine you run, in order not to have chopiness. This not a flaw , defect, or issue.

You already tried VLP, and on win 7 you tried watching with WMP?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepy888 View Post
I just got my PD2 from woot and took some 1080 videos with it. When I play it back on my computer with VLC player, the video is choppy and stutters.

When I play the video on my PD2 it does not stutter.

Why is the video choppy when I play the video on my comp?

Old Oct 1, 2010, 12:02 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepy888 View Post
Your computer is not up to par. Buy a Mac

Quote:
Great review, as always. This camera did not meet my expectations either.
Old Oct 1, 2010, 1:05 PM   #19

I as well Own a mac laps and desk so I can easily verify playback I just wish I had editing software on LOL.

Yes today I will have what was the worst day ever, and thank the lord, I lucked out big time. the cam did get wet but you'll have the Playsport, the Zi8 and the PD2 of video comparison. no special video. I just beat the cruiseship to port LOL.
Old Oct 1, 2010, 4:19 PM   #20

Quote:
I just wish I had editing software on LOL.
iMovie? Free and very basic software but works just fine.

Quote:
I will have what was the worst day ever, and thank the lord, I lucked out big time.
Tell us more.

Quote:
the Playsport, the Zi8 and the PD2 of video comparison. no special video.
Link?

Last edited by Hurnubrunko; Oct 2, 2010 at 12:32 PM.