Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Sep 21, 2010, 2:47 AM   #11

Since these attach from the bottom, the question is, what happens to the tripod mount? Obviously the one on the camera itself is covered up and rendered useless, but does the attached device (external mic, battery, etc.) then have its own tripod mount on the bottom of it?
vwestlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2010, 6:08 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwestlife View Post
Since these attach from the bottom, the question is, what happens to the tripod mount? Obviously the one on the camera itself is covered up and rendered useless, but does the attached device (external mic, battery, etc.) then have its own tripod mount on the bottom of it?
I am sure they thought of that, but lokk at the kodak skin they forgot aboutt he remote sensor, and even the usb arm for openings, so anything is possable.

the primary question is will the tripod section be strongenough to withstand the pressure, support, etc, not like the Aiptek GVS where a lil tension pulls off the gear/tooth tripod screw,

This section must be rock solid.

I see it bending, breaking under force, I see no pins protrudging on the sides for a olid support,, if loose I see it sliding, moving.

so a closer shot by Private eye , is needed
Old Sep 21, 2010, 9:43 AM   #13

Yes, the "Mikey" microphone by Blue Microphones features its own tripod mount.

Quote:
Mount the Flip video camera on Mikey’s built-in tripod mount or stand it upright on Mikey’s wide base design for hands-free recording.
http://blueblog.bluemic.com/2010/09/...-video-camera/

Private Idaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2010, 11:43 AM   #14

but how clear is it that the tripod and cam are just a screw, and no pins keeping it from moving ??? only a purchser who will be owning can tell us lol
Old Sep 21, 2010, 12:30 PM   #15

Secure and strong:

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2369300,00.asp

At least, it appears to be secure and strong.

I'll try to find a photo of the tripod mount on the "Mikey" as well.
Old Sep 21, 2010, 12:45 PM   #16

Note the following passage in the PC MAGAZINE review:

Quote:
I found video captured by the UltraHD looked fantastic, much better than the 720p30 footage from an iPod touch or even the 1080p30 recordings captured by Kodak's Playtouch Video Camera. In low-light environments, none of these devices were spectacular, but in good lighting, the UltraHD proved its worth—subjects looked brighter and better exposed. And the Flip's 60 frames per second is key, it gives video a subtle but fluid look.
Old Sep 21, 2010, 2:33 PM   #17

I am sure it looks, but is missing two pins for a locking tab, like on a tripod they have two holes, one the screw, the other a lockingtab, this has nothing of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Private Idaho View Post
Secure and strong:

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2369300,00.asp

At least, it appears to be secure and strong.

I'll try to find a photo of the tripod mount on the "Mikey" as well.
Old Sep 21, 2010, 3:10 PM   #18

Maybe not, but I suspect this will be strong enough for me.
Old Sep 22, 2010, 12:45 PM   #19

Scosche announces the freedomMIC wireless microphone for use with the new FlipPort-enabled Flip camcorders:

http://scosche.com/news/476/

Quote:
The Scosche freedomMIC receiver plugs directly into the UltraHD’s FlipPort™, which will come standard on all future flip video camera models, to provide users with the ability to wirelessly record high quality audio to accompany the Flip’s HD recording capabilities. The freedomMIC features a high performance condenser microphone with DSP noise cancellation. Users can also wirelessly control record and stop functions remotely from the microphone/transmitter. The wireless system operates on Bluetooth Class 1 technology and provides up to 100 feet of wireless range. The complete system features the wireless transmitter and the microphone that that clips directly to the subject.
Absolutely amazing. This means remote control capability of the camcorder will be available through the FlipPort connection and through this Bluetooth wireless microphone!
Old Sep 22, 2010, 1:23 PM   #20

Here's another view of the Scosche Bluetooth wireless microphone: