Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Jan 4, 2011, 12:57 PM   #11

As my previous purchase I basicaly returned my aiptec. And that cam waa not a new model. Since the 3d is new and the first then we should not purchase. Or think its percet.
Old Jan 4, 2011, 4:20 PM   #12

Unfortunately, I cannot return the Aiptek. I waited too long.

What amazes me is that my $6,000 XH A1 looks amazing on my 50 inch plasma (that was expected), my $1,800 HS100 looks TERRIBLE on the plasma, it turns out, the Aiptek 3D looks aweful on it, but my cheapo sanyo xacti looks just several steps under my XH A1, but infinitely better than the Panasonic and Aiptek. Amazing.

I think what I will do it buy two current Xacti cameras (waterproof) and make a 3D rig. I found a really nice bracket/handle with grip for $45 that may be twiddled with to hold both cameras and it has a tripod mount, so mount that to my tripod or a tripod handle grip and you have a fantastic 3D rig. Of course, I wish they had remote controls to start the two of them at the same time!!!!

The only other thing I can do is create a home made beam splitter for the XH A1 using mirrors. I've seen a few pro ones and they do work.

Mike

Last edited by karmacomposer; Jan 4, 2011 at 5:29 PM.
karmacomposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2011, 10:28 PM   #13

Default Aiptek3d firmware update help

I've been trying to determine which firmware version my camera is so that I can apply the correct update.
I can't seem to get the current version to display using the procedure in the update README:
which states:

Check the latest firmware version
  • Turn on the 3D camcorder
  • Press the joystick to enter the playback menu
  • Press and hold the joystick down min. for 5 seconds
  • Press and hold the photo-shutter button while holding the joystick pressed down.
  • After about 3 seconds, you’ll see the status menu. Check at 4th position "FW Ver:
- Starts the FW version with 3 (eg 3500) you can proceed with the update.
- Starts the FW version has a different number (eg 1406), this update is NOT suitable. Do not proceed, otherwise, the camcorder will be destroyed irreparably.

any ideas?
dev-null is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2011, 12:09 AM   #14

Never mind. Finally figured it out. Step 3 doesn't mean press on the joystick. It means move to the down (i.e. south) position.
dev-null is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2011, 7:33 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by dev-null View Post
Never mind. Finally figured it out. Step 3 doesn't mean press on the joystick. It means move to the down (i.e. south) position.

Correct when Aiptek products have Firmware they are always a Up/down,, the Joystick has only Five position patterns

Up , down, left, right, and center In. there are no up In, down in left in or right in, most common errors.
Old Feb 14, 2011, 5:48 PM   #16

Just a note... Amazon has been selling the ViewSonic version of this camera for as little as $129 (with free super saver shipping). I do not know, however, if ViewSonic is making the same upgrades availble. I have not checked lately to see if the version I was sent by support has been officially released on the site.
allenhuffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2011, 11:44 AM   #17

Default Aiptek I2 3D firmware

I just bought a Aiptek I2 3D camera. And I had 3500 firmware on it. When I updated it I accidentally installed in the update for 1400 firmware. Now the camera turns on but the screen is white. Is there any fix for this or do I have to return the camera?

I tried loading the proper firmware on it but that doesn't seem to work. But when I plug into the computer and turn it on the computer still recognizes the device. I am also running Windows 7 64bit.
kjtgp1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2011, 1:17 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjtgp1 View Post
I just bought a Aiptek I2 3D camera. And I had 3500 firmware on it. When I updated it I accidentally installed in the update for 1400 firmware. Now the camera turns on but the screen is white. Is there any fix for this or do I have to return the camera?

I tried loading the proper firmware on it but that doesn't seem to work. But when I plug into the computer and turn it on the computer still recognizes the device. I am also running Windows 7 64bit.

Con tack Aiptek, you may have loaded incorrectly, must return.
Old Jun 20, 2011, 7:32 PM   #19

$99 for the ViewSonic version on Amazon.com right now:

http://www.amazon.com/ViewSonic-3DV5...8612616&sr=8-4

I bought a mount for my bike and have been taking the Aiptek on bike trips recording in 3-D.
allenhuffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2011, 4:46 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenhuffman View Post
$99 for the ViewSonic version on Amazon.com right now:

http://www.amazon.com/ViewSonic-3DV5...8612616&sr=8-4

I bought a mount for my bike and have been taking the Aiptek on bike trips recording in 3-D.

WOW I may just byte , but who can I show my video's to LOL.