Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Jul 21, 2011, 1:29 AM   #21

I just ordered the ViewSonic version from Amazon for $96.52 with free shipping. Hopefully it has the latest firmware loaded. The YouTube videos I've seen made with the camera look really good. I don't plan to display on a TV.
lmsabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2011, 11:18 AM   #22

I've been using the ViewSonic 3DV5 (same camera as the Aiptek I2 3D just rebranded by ViewSonic) for a several weeks. By the way the price is now down to $89.41 on Amazon. The camera I received did have the latest firmware, so the frame rate issue is fixed.

I'm actually impressed by the camera as a simple 3D stereoscopic camcorder. I'm quickly learning it's numerous limitations. But if you can work around those, the results are decent.Videos are posted to YouTube as side by side. YouTube will convert it for you in a variety of 3D formats.

Last edited by lmsabo; Aug 22, 2011 at 3:58 PM.
lmsabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2011, 11:35 AM   #23

I have just purchased the Aiptek 3D camcorder from Amazon and am waiting for its arrival. I have mixed feelings about having done so because of the so may mixed comments I have read about it. I am also concerned about the frame rate issue. How do I go about downloading the firmware update . . . and, is it safe? Any advice about this camcorder will be greatly appreciated. What issues should I be considering?
ChrisMohrSr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2016, 1:46 PM   #24

Default Aiptek I2 3D camera still in use?

Anyone still using theirs? I remembered I had one and took it out this summer for the first time in years. I have about 400 photos I've taken, and WOW, do they pop out on a friend's 3-D TV set. I had never seen them other than via the built-in 3D display or after red/blue anaglyph conversion.

I'm wanting to share my 3-D photos, and am thinking of posting them as a slideshow to YouTube. Anyone done this? Videos work just fine.
allenhuffman is offline   Reply With Quote