Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Sep 30, 2010, 2:33 PM   #1

Default need a flash hybrid for beginner/kids....less than $50

i wanted to pick up a flip style or similar cam for loading youtube vids and such. it has to be durable with decent quality. i dont want to be flamed if it gets broken or kills out the next day. i picked up a vivitar 410 from walgreens and it crapped out the next day. i have been looking at the polaroid flip style cams and big lots has a couple of jazz cams for super cheap. can you guys recommend a brand or model that wont break the bank (around 50 or lower)and be good for kids and less tech saavy folks?
themadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 30, 2010, 3:22 PM   #2

I get a refurbbed Kodak zi8. remember you have to allow a fewdolalrs more or less.
Old Sep 30, 2010, 5:21 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by themadness View Post
i wanted to pick up a flip style or similar cam for loading youtube vids and such. it has to be durable with decent quality. i dont want to be flamed if it gets broken or kills out the next day. i picked up a vivitar 410 from walgreens and it crapped out the next day. i have been looking at the polaroid flip style cams and big lots has a couple of jazz cams for super cheap. can you guys recommend a brand or model that wont break the bank (around 50 or lower)and be good for kids and less tech saavy folks?

Hmm, not sure if you can get for $50 what you describe, at least not anything new, would have to be used. Nowadays good quality video means HD video, at least 720P. VGA quality is all bad to me since I've jumped into the HD world. Here's a used RCA 409HD for $45

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listi...condition=used

Doesn't get great reviews but for $45 and based on the youtube samples, probably worth a shot.
HDfan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2010, 5:24 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by themadness View Post

Or this Samsung also used from Amazon, not the greatest reviews but video looks good on youtube, for $49.99

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B002LYZMY2/ref=sr_1_14_olp?s=STORE&ie=UTF8&qid=1285881317&sr= 1-14&condition=used

Of course with any HD camcorder you get, you need to have a decent PC and TV to really maximize it's abilities.

Last edited by HDfan23; Sep 30, 2010 at 5:29 PM.
HDfan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2010, 5:50 PM   #5

refurb flip mino on newegg for $60
qv98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 2010, 5:50 AM   #6

Samsung HMX-U10 I have and love it dam that hurts when I see that price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDfan23 View Post
Or this Samsung also used from Amazon, not the greatest reviews but video looks good on youtube, for $49.99

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B002LYZMY2/ref=sr_1_14_olp?s=STORE&ie=UTF8&qid=1285881317&sr= 1-14&condition=used

Of course with any HD camcorder you get, you need to have a decent PC and TV to really maximize it's abilities.