Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Nov 7, 2010, 2:14 PM   #21

thanks fishy for that information.

i am going to be chasing up the answers tommorrow. i am hoping that martin will have them.

it will be interesting to see if his answers are the same as yours.

chrisc74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2010, 9:15 PM   #22

I wonder if Kodak does listen to customers on how they would like to change some of their camera line up.
garman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2010, 5:59 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by garman View Post
I wonder if Kodak does listen to customers on how they would like to change some of their camera line up.

Kodak has always kept inside info to the inside and cannot release any info to the public.

Kodak went to the outside and needed to reach out to see what the public wanted the Kodak ZX3 to be called, the person got no royaltyies but for suggesting a name a free playsprt for his thanks. while the company racked in Millions.....

They also listen to feedback, and will modify their new models, of futurecams the Play touch placing a on/off led recorder light.

they are learning. they need to put out surveys asking us, rather stealing our ideas we offer.

they will not answer or place the questions online on their site, or answer the questions a consumer gathers, it's sad to say that, but the truth hurts. Why one in not strong, but many are. one refuses to write to customer service, you gt exactly that, but many write you are a community strong.
Old Nov 8, 2010, 2:39 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishycomics View Post
Kodak has always kept inside info to the inside and cannot release any info to the public.

Kodak went to the outside and needed to reach out to see what the public wanted the Kodak ZX3 to be called, the person got no royaltyies but for suggesting a name a free playsprt for his thanks. while the company racked in Millions.....

They also listen to feedback, and will modify their new models, of futurecams the Play touch placing a on/off led recorder light.

they are learning. they need to put out surveys asking us, rather stealing our ideas we offer.

they will not answer or place the questions online on their site, or answer the questions a consumer gathers, it's sad to say that, but the truth hurts. Why one in not strong, but many are. one refuses to write to customer service, you gt exactly that, but many write you are a community strong.
You're probably right. Kodak many, many moons ago would rival with the big boys, like Canon and Nikon. Now they are becoming a footprint in the digital photo/media industry. They really need to get their head out of their @$$ and start improving product, innovation, customer service, etc.... Mind you I can say the same about Canon as well.
garman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2010, 5:03 AM   #25

hi all

i have heard from Martin.

he says that all the suggestions where well recieved. what they are trying to do is work out the best way to answer the questions with out giving away to much about thier furture products. they might be doing a video response but Martin isnt sure about it.

he has asked them for something so he can let us know.

i will keep you guys posted.

thanks

Chrisc74
Old Nov 11, 2010, 5:09 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisc74 View Post
hi all

i have heard from Martin.

he says that all the suggestions where well recieved. what they are trying to do is work out the best way to answer the questions with out giving away to much about thier furture products. they might be doing a video response but Martin isnt sure about it.

he has asked them for something so he can let us know.

i will keep you guys posted.

thanks

Chrisc74
that my friend is called a excuse.

focus team

funny I did not get that message LOL.
Old Nov 19, 2010, 1:18 PM   #27

Wow, Hi, back again. I just came back to report on the new Ambarella super chip (see thread) but thought I would drop some comments here to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishycomics View Post
Recieved a reply from a private letter and this is the response I got back.
1. will a led or stroble light be added on the newer zi8 or playsport coming out

Yep, that is a good easy idea for low light. As I reported before, you will notice that resolution drops on the zx3 in low light, so some additional light may help (even heaps of it with a flat high efficiency OLED panel (there goes the designer in me again). I have a old article on a white panel going for 100% efficiency. The advantage of theses sheet like panels, is that point light are bright and irritating to look at (LEDs) where as the panel can be shaped over a larger area.

2. will a lower lux to the cam, you call it EV be added improved?

On a new camera they could swap sensors to something better, but that would cost more (but art the street price they recommend for these, they could afford to). The best cheap low light tech is controlled by Samsung now I fear (no that they are using it in this market yet).

3. will a optical zoom, optical image stab be added to both.

New optical image stabilization (and lens technology including focus and zoom) is quiet thin, but being newer technology maybe expensive to license, but for a large enough client that could use it across their compact line. One is the various shapable liquid lens.

4 will a macro be added to the Playsport

This is something we are concidering, and working on

Cool, this is one reason I did not buy the Playsport, the other being lack of audio input (using a rubber sealable port, like the other interfaces.

Other things are lack of ability to lock down exposure(gain and electronic shutter period).

For the next camera things that would hold me back are lack of fullhp progressive 50 (or 25p modes). These things would make it an interesting camera. Then there is 3D.

5 will a higher megapixal be added and interpolation removed.

In order to keep cost down, interpolation will stay.

But the cost of the higher MP sensor is probably not that much more, but interpolation might still be used to keep cost down.

8. will a small thumbnail front screen be added to view as a blogger.

As we need to keep size and cost down, this may not be a option for the cam.

These things can be cheap, but as with my mobile, a little wide angle mirror next to the lens can be good for framing. Also useful as a light.

11. will on board editing be added in the cam to do on the go,and not just beginning and end, as well cuts in the middle, and combing files.

As we're working on a better solution for future cams.

Good?

12. will the infomous zoom and light caused by the ISO adjustment be improved or corrected in all levels

As if there are issues you must send cam in for repair there are no issues with zooming, all tests are doneat labs.

Maybe they did not understand.

13 will zoom be with various speeds not one step.

Electronic seamless zoom is a one stage only and will not be a option, to expand, will bulk the cam

Easy enough to do with reducing sensor window and interpolating up to the video resolution.

14 will slow motion capabilities be added and with sound. at higher frame rates

As we see fit, fo rfuture settings. In order to conserve we must keep cost down in order to add features and functions

Should be very cheap to add in lower resolutions. An decreased sensor window (or maybe binned pixels, if supported) allow a faster image readout.
Wayne12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2010, 6:11 AM   #28

hi guys

i have done an update video about the ask kodak vidoe i did.

heres the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPyFE6lOWBg

enjoy

Old Dec 8, 2010, 9:31 PM   #29

As I commented today and recieved a response not related to tis topic, but of Kodaks team found online. My inquerry was passed on of the questions I asked

It is said only they are allowed to descuss amongst themselves, reaching out to the Public is a No-no
Old Dec 9, 2010, 6:55 PM   #30

No company will tell the general public about their plans for future models and improvements, because of fear that competitors will steal their ideas. But it's nice to hear that Kodak is listening to our suggestions.
vwestlife is offline   Reply With Quote