Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Jan 22, 2011, 11:53 AM   #41

One thing Kodak could add that would be extremely useful for everyone would be an option for an LCD display timeout. For instance, add an option menu in software to enable/disable an LCD timeout feature. When enabled, give the option for the timeout to start after a 30 second period, 1 minute, 2 minute, or 5 minute period. I frequently make long recordings on my Zx3...having this feature would easily double or triple battery life on the unit since the display illumination consumes a huge amount of power. With a large FLASH card (16GB=3 hours) we would then be able to record beyond one hour and 10 minutes. This is one of the single biggest drawbacks to these small digital/POV cameras....short battery life. Please Kodak, add this to all of your small digicams (Zi8, Zx3, Zi10, Zx5, PlayTouch, etc.). This is a killer feature that will put your cams more solidly in front of the competition.

BTW...I submitted this to Kodak's support website as well (and referenced Steve's Digicams Forums for other users that would appreciate this in future firmware releases).

Last edited by fway; Jan 22, 2011 at 12:18 PM.
fway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2011, 1:14 PM   #42

The Samsung Hmx-U10 does just that And even better, Kodak rrather gives us that option why not offer as a Option.

when hitting record, after one minute the cam screen lowers, and turns Off, wake up with a button, and stop record. again above model does that a no brainer, its not rocket science
Old Jan 22, 2011, 2:56 PM   #43

Fishy, exactly...after a long record (or no control interaction, and the screen is dark) pressing any button does nothing but re-light the screen...a second button press once the screen is active does the normal function of that button. So much battery to be saved...And yes, just make this an option.
Old Jan 23, 2011, 11:58 AM   #44

that is why I like in ways the samsung, but not their other products.
Old Jan 25, 2011, 10:16 PM   #45

Fishy,

I just ordered a Samsung HMX-E10 since they are now 71.00 on Amazon.com. I am curious to see how the video/image quality compares to my Kodak Zx3.
Old Jan 26, 2011, 4:22 AM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by fway View Post
Fishy,

I just ordered a Samsung HMX-E10 since they are now 71.00 on Amazon.com. I am curious to see how the video/image quality compares to my Kodak Zx3.

samsung limits the Miniture feature to 48o dpi.

no sound

78 is a grab, but every time I look at Amazon, they say one thing and another is mentioned Price is one