Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Oct 18, 2010, 7:14 PM   #31

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSFsQszqq6k

yeah guess I would not have this as a memory. lol
Old Oct 19, 2010, 11:57 AM   #32

ok

i tried a couple more editors and found it just wasnt worth the effort. BUT i did correct a sound issue (so far anyway). i drilled a tiny hole, being careful not to go in too far, in to the mic cover. presto chango! better sound from the little jazz. guess i will just pan slower now! thanks to all you for your assistance
themadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2010, 7:31 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by themadness View Post
i did correct a sound issue (so far anyway). i drilled a tiny hole, being careful not to go in too far, in to the mic cover. presto chango! better sound from the little jazz. guess i will just pan slower now! thanks to all you for your assistance
This is true of the Aipteks as well. Enlarging the hole in the case above the microphone(s) drastically reduces the background noises of the camera lens zooming and focusing.

Improving the Aiptek camcorder!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_b_JGlMtH8
vwestlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2010, 7:39 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwestlife View Post
This is true of the Aipteks as well. Enlarging the hole in the case above the microphone(s) drastically reduces the background noises of the camera lens zooming and focusing.

Improving the Aiptek camcorder!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_b_JGlMtH8

I laughed my Arse off. great find.
Old Oct 24, 2010, 12:59 AM   #35

http://cgi.ebay.com/4GB-No-Interpola...item4152eb75db

What if anything does anyone know of this particular 720p non interpolated
$53 spy camera w/ 12 megapixel still camera? Anyone use this model or any particular similar model.

I would think that true 720p in a spy pen camera for $53 would be a really good deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwestlife View Post
My Jazz DV151 did OK for a $30 camcorder with 320x240 resolution -- it actually had a better sounding microphone than my Aiptek A-HD+! But the rolling shutter was very bad, the image would get incredibly noisy in low light (bright blue and green speckles all over the video), the digital zoom was useless because you couldn't zoom in or out while recording, and it ate AA batteries for lunch -- if you turned the camera "off" and then left in a pair of alkaline batteries overnight, they'd be totally dead by the next morning.

But I would stay far, far away from the very cheap Jazz and Vivitar "HD" camcorders that are selling for around $40 to $80 these days. These are NOT true HD -- all they do is take a VGA-quality image sensor and upscale it to 1280x720 resolution. So technically the video comes out meeting the specs of "HD 720P", but the actual image is very grainy and pixellated.
parocks is offline   Reply With Quote