Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Oct 21, 2010, 7:25 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Private Idaho View Post
Look how these New York City subway riders pass the time with their Apple iPhones by exploiting the built-in MIDI music playing capability of the devices:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1Umx...e_gdata_player
So you want to form a band but only have iPhones? Well, as they say, there are some apps for that... lol
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2010, 9:47 PM   #12

It's been really dark and gloomy here days after Typhoon Megi has left the country so still no opportunity to take still photos in optimal conditions.

These look really bad. Bad color, bad detail. To paraphrase a local beauty queen contestant here, major major problems with still photo output.

Video however, is another matter. This test shot of moving vehicles (I was crossing the street on the way to the office) is passable I think, bad lighting considered.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xigINCBjH2o

I do have agree with the previous posts though, devices like these bode well for the future of citizen journalism.
Tsarli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2010, 5:27 AM   #13

like i said a group already did this with the Iphones on a subway called Atomic, something they placed up on youtube within 2 days they hit over 2 million views, why I am not clicking that link PI shown LMAO!. and now they are into music history signeda contract etc,
Old Dec 14, 2010, 8:33 PM   #14

We just purchased an Ipod Touch 4G, but not for its video function. It's partly to replace my much loved Insignia Pilot since the scroll wheel is malfunctioning. Anyway it's tedious trying to scroll to the music you want when you have 2500 songs on there! On the iPod we can finally type in a song or album

I have only briefly played with the video and I have to say that indoors, the video has this fuzzy over processed look with a haze which I'd already seen on sample videos online. Outdoors in daylight the video seems quite acceptable but my Aiptek GVS blows it away in my opinion

So I guess my opinion is basically don't get this as a flip replacement for instance. Having said that, it is a nice extra to have and in certain situations could serve as an emergency backup camcorder.

I'll no doubt play around with the video a bit more than I have when I get a chance.
Old Dec 15, 2010, 7:48 AM   #15

like above te post, a group made Millions, and its not about the video. it's about how they wanted to do something different and get noticed...

RG... how is te battery life, I heard it is not great at all, I hear the 2nd gen was te better model, and hte 3rd gen te best, like what we have.

Our fam member loves it, its one step less than a phone lol. and does a great job.

as above all those vids are washed, and rater have batt life over vid
Old Dec 15, 2010, 9:32 AM   #16

Well this is my first Ipod Touch so I can't really compare the battery life. I had also read about the reduced battery life but it seems it may be more to do with the new multitasking abilities of the OS rather than the device itself as it affects the previous generation when they install the OS too.

Having said, I was playing with it and using the WIFI a lot and the battery life seemed reasonable to me. My definition of reasonable may be different than someone else's as I haven't used a previous generation iPod Touch.

One of the reasons I take so long to get any new device is that whenever I do, I then start hearing about all the issues with it lol C'est la vie I guess.

We'll see how it goes...
As you said, it's almost an iPhone so you don't get tied to a contract with data plan just to play with the goodies ie the app store. It's also one of the reasons I use unlocked phones because to get anything decent, you are forced to get a data plan these days even when you have a WIFI capable device.

I finally considered one because of the multitasking. It does make a difference in that you can be chatting with someone on a messenger program and still get the message alerts while doing something else.

We'll see how it goes...
Old Dec 15, 2010, 10:00 AM   #17

battery life, turning screen lower ,wifi off etc etc, will be a lot longer, using wifi eats up power , etc.

multi tasking on phones you can do about hte same, today more and more, its the carriers not updated at 100% we know its called compitition...........

AT&T yeah you can multi task while Online that is 3g, so I can do the same less be online but recieve sms text while on the phone, tat is good enoug for me..

Itouch apps for 99 cents, Angry birds, etc you can play forever on it and on a cell, 10 minutes and lags like no tomorrow.......

It is a thin device super thin, and that its a great device if asked. hope you enjoy it till a newer model comes out.