Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Nov 3, 2010, 5:19 PM   #11

I'm afraid JayCut may not be as helpful for AVCHD editing as you might think because it requires the user to have a very fast Web connection to be able to upload the very large AVCHD video/audio files.

I just tested it using my very fast broadband here at work and it took a long time to upload even a relatively short AVCHD (.MTS) file.
Private Idaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2010, 5:21 PM   #12

try it out you may like it LIFE
Old Nov 3, 2010, 5:22 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Private Idaho View Post
I'm afraid JayCut may not be as helpful for AVCHD editing as you might think because it requires the user to have a very fast Web connection to be able to upload the very large AVCHD video/audio files.

I just tested it using my very fast broadband here at work and it took a long time to upload even a relatively short AVCHD (.MTS) file.
really it took me 2 minutes and awaiting for the youtube view
Old Nov 3, 2010, 5:22 PM   #14

Another downside of JayCut is that it spends a lot of time CONVERTING the AVCHD (.MTS) file to a different format. The more I test it, the more I'm convinced this is definitely *not* suitable for AVCHD editing.
Old Nov 3, 2010, 5:30 PM   #15

I hear ya.

one must allow time. editing is not done in seconds. ittakes a lot of time. sometimes we can nail iton the head in one take. or strugle and just give up.

Here we are using a online source and that does take a ton of time.

As he Op poster can always go to outside sources like Aiptek grab arcosofttotal media impressions and the key gen code is public. for 2.99 at that one time was a bargain. guessing a few usc currancy may be too much money for some, that I am sure will suit one's needs.
Old Nov 3, 2010, 5:42 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Private Idaho View Post
I doubt your warning message is accurate.

Besides, one can get the Cineform "NeoScene" codec and spend much less money using coupon codes and the Videoguys.com Web site.

I bought two (2) "NeoScene" codec downloads... one for work and one for home.

If you go to the Videoguys.com Web site... just type "NeoScene" into the search box and you'll notice the price offered by Videoguys.com is only $99.95. That alone is a savings of $30.

But first, visit this coupon code site:

http://www.retailmenot.com/view/videoguys.com

Some of these coupons work to cut the price even more.
a copy of my log

27/10/2010 17:00:48 Suspicious network attack Intrusion.Win.MSSQL.worm.Helkern 221.131.3.149 Information
03/11/2010 21:46:48 Infected Trojan program Trojan-Spy.Win32.Ardamax.jep http://www.cineform.com/downloads/Ne....exe//data0033 High
03/11/2010 21:48:16 Disinfected Trojan program Trojan.Win32.Buzus.fzio C:\Documents and Settings\Compaq_Owner.YOUR-C9B4F92C4A\Desktop\NeoSceneV521b279-101021.zip High
03/11/2010 21:48:16 Deleted Trojan program Trojan-Spy.Win32.Ardamax.jep C:\Documents and Settings\Compaq_Owner.YOUR-C9B4F92C4A\Desktop\NeoSceneV521b279-101021.zip/NeoScene-5.2.1.279-Setup.exe//data0033 High
03/11/2010 21:48:16 Deleted Trojan program Trojan.Win32.Buzus.fzio C:\Documents and Settings\Compaq_Owner.YOUR-C9B4F92C4A\Desktop\NeoSceneV521b279-101021.zip/NeoScene-5.2.1.279-Setup.exe//data0158 High

Kaspersky is usually reliable in these matters

Last edited by musket; Nov 3, 2010 at 5:58 PM.
musket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2010, 7:20 PM   #17

Of course, yet another solution for this matters of editing AVCHD or just regular H.264 footage is to convert it to Motion JPEG... something along the lines of 100Mbps.

The loss of quality is negligible and virtually impossible to detect to the naked eye. The speed during editing/playback is increased ten-fold however, since M-JPEG is nothing but a series of standalone JPG stills on a video container.

THE PROBLEM of course, is to find a free M-JPEG codec that can be used to encode and display your AVCHD footage.

The great advantage is that M-JPEG files are almost universally accepted by all editors.
Old Nov 4, 2010, 8:57 AM   #18

M-JPEG can be used -- and -- it is FREE in all MAGIX video editing software, but it is given a Magix file extension: .MXV. The .MXV file extension can only be used within Magix programs, but it is, in fact, M-JPEG compression. I asked Magix about that directly and that was their response. So all Magix programs give the user the option to use M-JPEG compression within the .MXV container.

The problem with M-JPEG compression is that it is not "lossless."

It does make editing easier; however, the Cineform compression is WAVELET and is visually "lossless." That's the advantage of Cineform compression.

As for the Cineform Web site "virus" messages... I know they've been hosted by Network Solutions. If there are any "real" threats there, then they're probably on the server side and Network Solutions will need to deal with it.

But again, I don't know why anybody would pay full price by buying directly from Cineform anyway when a $30 discount is immediately available via Videoguys.com.
Old Nov 7, 2010, 12:08 PM   #19

Cyber power director 8 has h264 rendering. and I am using it , I am so used to magix. I can save to any res size etc. with a simple click,

not so true with power director 8 you're limited.

I hate how advertisement is shown.

love to show ya but I ordered my powersupply for Xp machine, which i love over win 7. my screen recorder s do not work well. lol.
Old Nov 7, 2010, 12:19 PM   #20

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfwKlqMnACg

Did my bestest, for online. and here is some samples of Cyberlink powerdirector 8

yeah it was not free, but its a editing program. limited . I have not the trial, but the full version.

I find it to be as the same when it was at ver 3 just updated . lol

I had no problems with working on the clips at all. no crashs not a thing did jutst fine