Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Nov 5, 2010, 1:31 PM   #1

Default ViewSonic 3DV5 "3D" Camcorder $170 - $200

From ViewSonic:

Aiptek's model looks suspiciously similar to the point where I would speculate that the "guts" are identical with only minor cosmetic differences in the shells.

Private Idaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 5, 2010, 2:17 PM   #2

excellent find. viewsonic is not worth the $$$ a very low cost camera.
Old Nov 5, 2010, 2:36 PM   #3

both designs are identical. and that tells ya. rather go solo they must have joined forces. not a bad idea. If I had to purchse one I go for the lesser price, that be Viewsonic.
Old Nov 5, 2010, 2:36 PM   #4

We also must wonder if Firmware are identical. the features and functions.
Old Nov 6, 2010, 5:32 PM   #5

roxio creator 2011 takes cre of it all. and cost you tax and a postage stamp. and most likely a older upc for Zippo.
http://www.frys.com/product/6373991
Old Nov 6, 2010, 5:42 PM   #6

the price will be whatever the deal is thi s time 40.00 less a penny
Old Aug 22, 2011, 11:13 AM   #7

I've been searching the Internet for 3D videos shot with the ViewSonic 3DV5. YouTube has a dozen or so. Here's one of the best in my opinion. The video is of a sculpture garden which has a lot of bright colors. Make sure you sent it to 720P. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DxBFnlN-7g
lmsabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2011, 3:48 PM   #8

Amazon is now offering the ViewSonic 3DV5 camcorder for $82.87. That's a screaming deal even if you only use it to shoot 2D 720P video.

The camera doesn't come with a charger. You use a USB port on your PC to charge it. That's kind of hassle for me. I have a couple of hybrid camera chargers with USB mini B male connectors laying around. I found a USB Type A Female to Mini B 5-pin Female Adapter from WeConnex for $1.50 ($3.50 with shipping and tax) which allows me to use one of my old hybrid camera chargers, which connects to 120v and has a USB male mini B interface, to charge the ViewSonic 3DV5.

Also, I picked up a 16GB WINTEC Class 10 SDHC card from NewEgg for $20 (with free shipping) for the camera.
Old Sep 1, 2011, 6:49 PM   #9

I've read comments where users have said they believe the Viewsonic 3DV5 actually produces better images and videos than the Aiptek3D i2. I figured this must be in their head, the camera's appear identical. Well it turns out they are in fact different with regards to their sensors. The specs state the Aiptek3D i2 uses a 1/3.2" CMOS sensor, whereas the Viewsonic 3DV5 uses a larger 1/2.5" CMOS sensor typically found on compact digital cameras. So perhaps the Viewsonic 3DV5 does indeed produce marginally better images than the Aiptek3D i2.