Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Dec 1, 2010, 3:45 AM   #1

Default Just Look At This HD Camcorder!!!

Does anybody know about this new model? Any video test taken with this camcorder?
As you can see, this is the very first model of such a class hybrid camcorders which can record video in 25fps progressive!!!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/10mp-HD-DVR-Di...item27b5ae60af
producer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 1, 2010, 1:25 PM   #2

has some cool features for sure, but, looks like it may be one of the low quality chinese products i spent the last few months wasting time with.

http://www.chinavasion.com/hd-camcor...-projector-dv/

however if it has all the extra features and have some money to piss away, i say buy one if the seller has a flexible return policy.

EDIT:
just found this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PB2sv1jkoAk

maybe a knock off of this sony cam

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-HDR-XR520.../dp/B0024MB66E

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvqAHYWEfDM

Last edited by themadness; Dec 1, 2010 at 1:41 PM.
themadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2010, 2:28 AM   #3

yes it is a blatant ripoff of the sony xr series camera. it only shoots 1440x1080 im curious if it actually has an evf. it has a hump in the rear, but they avoid showing it in any pictures
qv98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2010, 11:26 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by qv98 View Post
yes it is a blatant ripoff of the sony xr series camera. it only shoots 1440x1080 im curious if it actually has an evf. it has a hump in the rear, but they avoid showing it in any pictures
The hump is just an imitation. There is no viewfinder at all.

A few other Chinese knockoff camcorders give you an "optical viewfinder" -- it's just a window to the front of the camera, with no electronics inside. Like this "Nokina", complete with a fake Best Buy price sticker!

vwestlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2010, 1:26 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by qv98 View Post
My famous Canon HV30 shoots 1440x1080 too, this is not too important...
The fact this new hybrid has the ability to shoot at 25p is a step ahead before any other hybrid camcorder. But I really want to find a video taken with this model.
producer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2010, 2:16 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by producer View Post
My famous Canon HV30 shoots 1440x1080 too, this is not too important...
The fact this new hybrid has the ability to shoot at 25p is a step ahead before any other hybrid camcorder. But I really want to find a video taken with this model.
im gonna ignore you comparing this pos ripoff to the hv30

wow this thing is $460? good luck with that one
qv98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2010, 8:48 AM   #7

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=776SZ0mYFx0

As you are not looking hard enough, One of the other names will be called matsuba, there are two other Companies China, and Tawain. I had the names Oyanomi , something like that, and the other Photgraphic corp. they do not go by that for the cam's.

Want my Advice.

stand clear of these as you'll be walking around something big and a shell.

You may be better investing in a better , and more professional cam, but Please get one so we can have a review.
Old Dec 5, 2010, 1:28 PM   #8

As a general rule, be very cautious about buying any camera...

* with a name which sounds similar to a famous brand, but isn't familiar: Mitsuba, Konaki, Cansonic, Nokina, Samsonic, etc. These are poorly made Chinese camcorders designed to fool people into thinking they are buying an expensive, well-known brand.

For example, "Konaki" imitates the old Kodak logo:

* which claims to be a famous brand name (Sony, Canon, JVC, etc.) but is an unfamiliar product, not shown on that brand's web site, with an illegitimate or unlisted model number -- often sold by street vendors and rogue eBay sellers. These are FAKE, RIPOFF camcorders, which work very poorly or not at all!

For example, a fake "Sony":

* which has a brand name familiar for making old film cameras, but is not known for making good quality digital cameras: Vivitar, Polaroid, Bell & Howell, Agfaphoto, etc. These camcorders have nothing in common with the cameras they made decades ago except the name, and are usually poor or mediocre quality generic Chinese camcorders. The same usually goes for camcorders sold under a brand name not known for making cameras at all, such as computer companies (Toshiba, Gateway), or fancy mall stores (The Sharper Image, Hammacher Schlemmer).

For example, a "Sharper Image" generic Chinese camcorder:
vwestlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2010, 9:49 AM   #9

i dumped a little money into vivtar cameras with the idea that since vivitar made decent film cameras in the past. their digital stuff is just crap. then i started finding the clones on ebay and other china import sites.

they claim HD and it is far from it. they stretch the 640x480 mode, make the files larger and call it HD. the footage is very pixelated with bad rolling shutter and colors that are all wrong.

i am a die hard aiptek fan now. low cost and excellent quality from my A-HD.
themadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2010, 4:35 PM   #10

Aiptek as come a long way, so has Mustek, these are the two companies that one must look out for back when the Pc low budget cam was that.

Mustek as the toshiba chip, and concidered the better of Aiptek at one time, then Aiptek pulled away to be te leader.

Mitshuba, sounds more like Mitsubishi.

Aiptek, Ranger, Ispan. all made one camcorder the same model.

Han-Shing and now DXG were another company, and so on.

so it is not just a matter of tat EL cheapo cina base. because tat is not how we mwan to say it, just be careful who you are after

I get a Mustek, Aiptek 1st over matshuba, no named