Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Dec 7, 2010, 1:25 PM   #1

Default Sony Bloggie Touch 8GB

Just got this for pretty much for free from Sony. They had a promotion a couple weeks ago, 20,000 bonus rewards points when using Sony VISA, good enough for 1 Sony Bloggie Touch 8GB so I figured why not (1 tank of gas = 1 Sony bloggie *GB touch). It's ok, I'd give it 7.5 out of 10. About the same size as a typical smartphone, maybe slightly thicker, but definitely fits snug in your jean pockets. Video quality is more or less the same as most camcorders in it's class, great outdoors, pretty good in well lit room, not so good in low lighting. One huge flaw I think with it's design is if you want to film widescreen, you have to hold it horizontally. If you hold it vertically, it will also video vertically like an Iphone, with 2 huge black spaces on either side. A little goofy in my opinion. They tout this as some great feature "You can take videos vertically or horizontally!" There's plenty similarly designed camcorders, that film exactly like you think it will, meaning you hold it vertically to take normal looking videos, why Sony thought it was a good idea to do otherwise, I have no idea. Would be nice if both positions took video in widescreen, but only so when you hold it horizontally. The touch feature is ok, doesn't really add much, especially if you've been an iphone user like me. All in all nothing special, built-in 8GB is nice, but I probably rather buy somthing like http://www.amazon.com/Sanyo-VPC-PD2B...1745438&sr=1-3 and an 8GB card which probably still comes out to be less. Also this Sanyo has optical zoom, Sony only digital which in most cases is useless. But since I got it for free, hey what can I really say, but if you're looking to shell out 170+, probably better choices out there.

Last edited by HDfan23; Dec 7, 2010 at 2:57 PM.
HDfan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 7, 2010, 4:24 PM   #2

Congrad's.

I looked at the bloggie I am not a fan of internal memory, and battery, even though I got a deal on a Samsung Hmx-U10. back then.

As we know, Points are best to collect for giftcards, or cash. You said Bonus milage and cashed in. again not bad.

As you mention, the Widescreen turning the Sony sideways, makes the video widescreen?

Does it already film in 16:9 wen held correctly, and it orentates when to the side, still keeping the widescreen?

I Own now the Play touch by Kodak, and this is one feature left out, but you see the cam rotate, the still Auto correct in a program designed especially for Kodak?

This cam cost a good 2 bills, I would not invest in it unless a steal of a deal, fell in my hands, thank you for your brief desriptive review HDfan23. very interesting
Old Dec 8, 2010, 2:12 AM   #3

hey thx for the info, i didnt get the part about the video not rotating, that is weird

camcorderinfo just did a review as well. a lot of it is what i saw when i tested it in walmart. focus hunting, int memory & battery. seems like backwards progression to me
qv98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 2012, 1:30 PM   #4

Default Sony Bloggie Touch MHS-TS10

I was wondering if anyone know how to put videos from a laptop onto a bloggie touch where it will play? Thanks
YLIMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 2012, 1:50 PM   #5

what I do , is use the supplied software, and whatever file I want on the cam I rename it to that extension. that is what works for my kodak.
Old Mar 9, 2012, 2:05 AM   #6

Default " Post to that extention " ?

How do you mean?
YLIMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2012, 5:13 AM   #7

what is the file name, that is what you rename it
for example if it is SOny_0001 name it sony_001 or the next number up. keeping the same name