Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Dec 20, 2010, 11:11 AM   #21

The pics aren't off my screen; they must only be off of your screen because of your computer's video display adapter setting.
Private Idaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2010, 5:15 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Private Idaho View Post
The pics aren't off my screen; they must only be off of your screen because of your computer's video display adapter setting.
Correct I am on not a 16:9 ratio. I appologise . still we can resize just a lil next time, like the 1st pic it is fine the last one is by far larger.
Old Dec 20, 2010, 6:25 PM   #23

thought I post up a real picture than just a picture of the Zi10

Its not a canon rebel. Its just a Kodak camcorder

Old Dec 20, 2010, 6:27 PM   #24

and no its not crocked its a gator

Last edited by fishycomics; Dec 21, 2010 at 7:40 AM.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2010, 7:02 PM   #25

I've done some testing in the past few days.

I do love my Kodak Zi8s, video is great, but I've noted some weaknesses:

1. The audio is a bit too noisy for my tastes... even when the external microphone input is utilized with high-quality external microphones. Perhaps a noise-cancelling microphone would help.

2. Still pictures are inconsistent mainly due to lack of a FLASH. If there's ample lighting in the day, then one should get excellent photos. But if one is in a low light situation, the Kodak will struggle. Use of a tripod will help in all cases. Even MACRO shots can come out nice if a tripod is used and if a certain distance is maintained.
Private Idaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2010, 8:08 AM   #26

Private Idaho writes;
I do love my Kodak Zi8s, video is great, but I've noted some weaknesses:

1. The audio is a bit too noisy for my tastes... even when the external microphone input is utilized with high-quality external microphones. Perhaps a noise-cancelling microphone would help.

Yeah the sound is the best ever, its like Apples to oranges. no matter what scenerio I put, the Kodak sound board can only do nothing more than record general sound.

2. Still pictures are inconsistent mainly due to lack of a FLASH. If there's ample lighting in the day, then one should get excellent photos. But if one is in a low light situation, the Kodak will struggle. Use of a tripod will help in all cases. Even MACRO shots can come out nice if a tripod is used and if a certain distance is maintained.

If that was true, lack of flash, what about, F-stop, ISO 50-800, and whitebalance, they all play a toll for the proformance.I believe it is the user at times forced shots. The cam has two F-stops, as well ISo and WB, a tripod I could not agree more on, at most times. the macro/infinity must be te correct distance, why te cams are called Fixedfocused .

Old Apr 3, 2011, 1:09 PM   #27

After 4 months after the last post from here did Kodak made any update on Zi10 ? I want to buy it but after the reviews i saw on november - december i don't know what to do
fcptv is offline   Reply With Quote