Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Jan 17, 2011, 9:43 AM   #1

Default cheap camcorders with live HDMI feed?

I am looking for a solution for showing live HDMI feed from an event into a projector. I would prefer if the camera could record at the same time too.

I was looking at the Kodak Zi8 camera, but in the thread I found out that it doesn't support live HDMI, just playback. Is there any cheap/pocket camcorder, which supports live HDMI? What about the Flip range?

As an alternative, I could buy a Logitech C910, but it needs a _really_ fast laptop for real time 720p feed. But at least, it's an alternative.
zsero is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 17, 2011, 12:16 PM   #2

Kodak Zi8 firmwre 1.07 being worked on for that exact reson.
the Aiptek Action HD series. I won, and am sure, will need to double check on this.

Also I believe the sanyo exacti VPC-PD2 I just owned. may have done this.

so yes they are out there, a matter of looking.
Old Jan 23, 2011, 10:50 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishycomics View Post
Kodak Zi8 firmwre 1.07 being worked on for that exact reson.
the Aiptek Action HD series. I won, and am sure, will need to double check on this.

Also I believe the sanyo exacti VPC-PD2 I just owned. may have done this.

so yes they are out there, a matter of looking.
I wrote a letter to Kodak to ask them about if any of their cameras support live HDMI without any interface present. Shell I ask them in the "ask Kodak" thread too? Do you know anything about the Playtouch? Does it support that feature? What is the best place to ask it?
Old Jan 23, 2011, 12:57 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by zsero View Post
I wrote a letter to Kodak to ask them about if any of their cameras support live HDMI without any interface present. Shell I ask them in the "ask Kodak" thread too? Do you know anything about the Playtouch? Does it support that feature? What is the best place to ask it?
Sorry no livefeed for the Playtouch, or plyfull or zx-5, other companies like Aiptek and sanyo will
Old Jan 24, 2011, 3:34 AM   #5

the sony mhs-ts series might. i know on my sony mhs-pm5 i can hook it up to the tv with the av cables and watch the live feed and record at the same time
qv98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2011, 8:37 PM   #6

Any idea about the Toshiba SX500? It's a much more serious camcorder, but still one of the cheapest ones with HDMI out.
Old Jan 25, 2011, 2:46 PM   #7

toshiba camileo s30. it has just come out and its not to much. it has hdmi live feed and you can hook up the mains and record while its plugged in. the quality of the video is ok i dont think its as good as the kodaks but for the money you pay and the stuff you get with it, i think its great value for money. might be worth a look.
chrisc74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2011, 8:05 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisc74 View Post
toshiba camileo s30. it has just come out and its not to much. it has hdmi live feed and you can hook up the mains and record while its plugged in. the quality of the video is ok i dont think its as good as the kodaks but for the money you pay and the stuff you get with it, i think its great value for money. might be worth a look.
Thanks for the tip, it might be the winner. It's cheaper than the SX500, and looks like a neat little cam.

Do you know which of these cheap camcorders have fixed focus and which has autofocus? Is it standard in this pricerange to come with autofocus? I've read that some of them comes with a preset focus, like 1m-infinity.
Old Jan 26, 2011, 10:11 AM   #9

the s30 has fixed focus. F2.5.
chrisc74 is offline   Reply With Quote