Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Feb 22, 2011, 7:07 PM   #1

Default for kd-klic 7004 kodak zi8 batt

aftermarket zi8 battery has maybe just met its maker, and no longer responds. one of two I own. unexpectingly it stopped. Thought maybe the cam, or the battery. 5 hrs later it stil lshows no sign of life. last resort find my aftermarket charger that I got with it and try a charge, if fails garbage can it goes.

I used this battery a good 1000 hrs for sure. I was lucky I got a scrap cam with two kodaks orginals. that basically replaces the aftermarkets. either way the 1400 mah paid for themselves
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 4, 2011, 5:10 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishycomics View Post
aftermarket zi8 battery has maybe just met its maker, and no longer responds.
I used this battery a good 1000 hrs for sure. I was lucky I got a scrap cam with two kodaks orginals. that basically replaces the aftermarkets. either way the 1400 mah paid for themselves
I have also bought a non-Kodak aftermarket KLIC-7004 battery for my Zi8 at the princely sum of $3.58 along with an external charger for $5.00 - this battery gives slightly lower recording time of just over 1h 15m for a full charge (the original Kodak battery lasted over 1h 30m)

Since I got this aftermarket battery I have occasionally tested the running times for the OEM and aftermarket batteries in the Zi8 - and it is pretty consistent the original Kodak battery runs just over 1h 30m and the cheapo aftermarket just over 1h 15m -
so at just over 80% the capacity at about 19% the cost - I consider the aftermarket battery very cost effective.

It is nice to have an external charger - so that the battery can be charged outside of the Zi8 and the current price of about $4.40 shipped it is a good option to have.

Last edited by UnknownVT; Mar 5, 2011 at 12:41 PM.
UnknownVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2011, 2:37 PM   #3

I did a runtime test of the aftermarket KLIC-7004 battery in the Kodak PlaySport Zx3
and managed to get 1h 32m -
compared to
the original Zx3 battery 1h 48m
and the original Zi8 battery in the Zx3 1h 44m.

I was very pleasantly surprised by this aftermarket KLIC-7004 battery in the Zx3 - it seems to be doing about 85% of the Zx3 battery and 88% of the original Zi8 battery in the Zx3.

All in all a real bargain at about 19% the cost of the Kodak battery.
UnknownVT is offline   Reply With Quote