Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Mar 8, 2011, 2:18 PM   #1

Default 808 keychain 1280x980.

today I awoken, andsaid its abouttime to get me one of those keychains. so I did a search found that this is the one to get. Hd version, good or bad.

I found a auction. it ended early. and I placed in my max bid, I was 1 min 24 secs left, and said when I left home I was high bid of X.XX, when I was on my google phone , within minutes it said my high bid XX.XX. hmm something FISHY.

Well let me not fool around if I really want it and say XX.XX is what I am willing to spend. so I added a few more X.XX in, and the Auction ended. I won, shocked. I got probably the lowest one ever. They go for 10.00, 20.00 and 40.00

I hear there aer many types of versions, and people out there passing them off.

This is going to be for my Rc Hobby 1 plus oz. HD720P 4:3 ratio. I cannot wait. So look out for a review. maybe it will help others out here to get theirs. when in hand I shall post with the set up I am getting and got.

And happy video'ing all.

oh yeah fyi this is not HD720 its upconverted to a AVI format. to bad. its gonna crash in a plane lol.

there are no privledges here. its all hard earned cash.

Last edited by fishycomics; Mar 8, 2011 at 6:01 PM.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 9, 2011, 4:10 PM   #2

yeah its just 640x480 upscaled. theyre cheap cause they make u pay a lot in the shipping
qv98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2011, 6:01 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by qv98 View Post
yeah its just 640x480 upscaled. theyre cheap cause they make u pay a lot in the shipping
there was no shipping charges. so it was a steal ofadeal low bid? what would you say a low price and I'll tell ya if it was right or wrong
Old Mar 11, 2011, 11:03 PM   #4

These cameras are a lot of fun. They are so small and inexpensive, you can use them for just about anything. My "808" has been mounted to R/C cars and my dirtbike. This spring it will go up in one of the kid's model rockets. I've put mine through hell and it still works fine.
Here it is on the rear fender of the dirtbike, riding through the trails and mud:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMA9GZsVwHg

It has been "deshaken" in virtualdub. The results are decent, but could be better.
There is a program called vReveal that is supposed to work better, but it costs $40. If it works as well as the demos, it will be worth it.
foxdirtrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2011, 3:25 AM   #5

I'd say you could get a 808 which is 1280 x 960 pretty cheaply. $8? When you see that resolution x960 with these 808s and similar cameras - gum, pen, md80, watch, flashlight, you really don't know what you're going to get. All known 808s in the standard carkey model documented by Chuck Lohr with x960 are undesirable. People who want the carkey want the 3 or the 11 or the 12 (maybe). Those 808s, with the standard casing are all upscaled 640x480 and it has dropped frames. The #11 is a true 720p with no dropped frames. The audio tends to distort at high volumes. The #3 has good audio, that doesn't distort at rock concert level. here's unprocessed footage from the #11 at a dan deacon show a couple of weeks ago. you can hear the distortion level, and how the camera does in well lit indoor and very dark indoor conditions. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-FR1EHmnMU

I have a bunch of these little cameras. I take a bunch of them to shows. I have flashlight one, 6 IR Leds surround the lens and a sensor with the IR filtering taken off. Basically nightshot with a pretty powerful source of IR. The camera does see the IR as a beam of powerful light. This was a x960 camera, unfortunately it seems to be upscaled, but it's ok, because the use of the camera is to get a useable picture in zero light conditions. And it does give a good enough pic. Haven't used it for bands yet. I prefer the gums to the carkeys for my purposes. The 3s do have the audio without distortion. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REwVuaZlPN4 This is a 3 carkey and a 3 gum, and the audio from each of the cameras. I think I modified the audio in soundforge a little bit.
parocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2011, 11:00 PM   #6

I ordered a #11 from eletoponline (I have bought from them before) and will report after I have tested it Thanks for the tip
Trevmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2011, 5:20 AM   #7

today for 9.99 1saleaday. has the keychains 640x480 only 15.00 after shipping
Old Mar 28, 2011, 5:58 AM   #8

The unit at 1saleaday does not have a removable SD card. That is a significant limitation IMO. There are plenty of the #3 available on Ebay for around $10-$15, and I have found them pretty good.

(See the model comparison chart at http://www.chucklohr.com/808/ )

Ebay items:
http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=808....c0.m270.l1313

Last edited by Trevmar; Mar 28, 2011 at 6:01 AM. Reason: add ebay link
Trevmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2011, 12:35 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevmar View Post
I ordered a #11 from eletoponline (I have bought from them before) and will report after I have tested it Thanks for the tip
I definitely think you'll be happy with the video from the #11 at around $40. The audio is decent except for high volume.
parocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2011, 5:24 AM   #10

my chain is still not here lol. love the Pony express it is worse than ever.

I seen a sale for 20.00 the 604x480 yesterday. was a good bargain knowing it would have been a faster delivery lol. but I think I may opt for the true 1280x720 if this fails and sell mine