Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Mar 16, 2011, 1:27 PM   #1

Default Sony Touch Bloggie MHS-TS20

I just purchased a Sony Touch Bloggie MHS-TS20 camcorder.
Even with the playback volume turned all the way up the sound playback is just slightly audible if you really strain to hear it.
I contacted Sony and was told to transfer my video to my computer and then play it back. The sound should be normal.
This is a good suggestion, but right now I am having computer problems and my computer sound is completely dead. I have ordered a mini HDMI adapter so that I may play my video through my HDTV. However, I will not receive that until next week sometime.
Can anyone tell me if my Bloggie is defective or will the audio work normally when I transfer my video to my computer?
But, if that is the case, why do they have sound circuits and a volume control in the Bloggie if they will not function normally on play back?
Tiz a puzzelment!
Thanks to anyone and everyone who can offer some helpful advice about this situation.
ChrisMohrSr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 6, 2011, 3:50 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisMohrSr View Post
I just purchased a Sony Touch Bloggie MHS-TS20 camcorder.
Even with the playback volume turned all the way up the sound playback is just slightly audible if you really strain to hear it.
I contacted Sony and was told to transfer my video to my computer and then play it back. The sound should be normal.
This is a good suggestion, but right now I am having computer problems and my computer sound is completely dead. I have ordered a mini HDMI adapter so that I may play my video through my HDTV. However, I will not receive that until next week sometime.
Can anyone tell me if my Bloggie is defective or will the audio work normally when I transfer my video to my computer?
But, if that is the case, why do they have sound circuits and a volume control in the Bloggie if they will not function normally on play back?
Tiz a puzzelment!
Thanks to anyone and everyone who can offer some helpful advice about this situation.

You ever get this resolved? Hard to tell any camcorders video or audio capabilities just playing on the device itself. Playing clips directly from a camcorder is for preview purposes at best, not meant to be a media player. Best way is hooking up directly to an HDTV, or computer where audio is now controlled at that end instead of the camcorder.

Last edited by HDfan23; Apr 6, 2011 at 3:54 PM.
HDfan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2011, 4:03 PM   #3

i agree.

If you are having difficulties, I step into any electronic store and quickly resolve the inquerry.
for example, the Aipteks I own have headphone ports can hear in playback what you recorded.

companies now like kodak have added it in as well.

Have you rasied the playback volume up all teh way?

have you tried it on a tv?

If you think it is defectvie and sound is no heard then you are best not to hesitate for a retur
All in all it is thedefault of the cams playback and tiniest speaker doing its job.

My casio or sanyo is super low faintly heard
Old Apr 7, 2011, 1:17 AM   #4

The bloggie touch has spotty video quality due to poor implementation of autofocs, but the sound quality is surprisingly decent. I believe chrismohrsr is talking about the coming out of tiny speakers on the side of the camera. Jeez, what do you expect from those little speakers? It's not surround sound. Try playing it back on your tv. It will sound more than adequate.
set2374 is offline   Reply With Quote