Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Apr 8, 2011, 3:15 PM   #11

I'll switch to a mac. Do you wanna buy one for me???
set2374 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2011, 11:40 AM   #12

Like Fishycomics I use Magix Movie Editor. I also researched and tried others but found them all wanting in one way or another. Magix Movie is certainly not perfect either but it works well for me as a general purpose video editor and it exports various formats, of which mp4 is one. I just have the basic version 16 not the plus as it was cheaper and I don't need the extra features.
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2011, 12:14 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgvcam View Post
Like Fishycomics I use Magix Movie Editor. I also researched and tried others but found them all wanting in one way or another. Magix Movie is certainly not perfect either but it works well for me as a general purpose video editor and it exports various formats, of which mp4 is one. I just have the basic version 16 not the plus as it was cheaper and I don't need the extra features.
An older version of Magix Movie Edit 12 is as low priced as $6 from places like Amazon MarketPlace (qualifies for super saver free shipping).

Over at VideoHelp I noted a couple more Free editors that seem to be able to cut/trim without re-encoding - ie: lossless - in addition to AviDemux and MPEG StreamClip -

H264TS_Cutter
SolveigMM AVI Trimmer
UnknownVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2011, 2:56 PM   #14

Don't forget you can edit on line

http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2010/...ube-video.html
musket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2011, 8:08 PM   #15

I used to use Muvee, a editing program. I purchased a disk, that today contained it the latest version. WHen I loaded and opened it, I was shocked to only add three clips no more, as quickly as it went on, it was uninstalled.

If it was a trial, or not, some software titles may or not be worth a purchase.

I always wanted to try out Sarif software, video editor, and watched frys.com for the longest, but never seen the deal offered for free again.

I use each individual one for certain effects, one may not have what the other one will have..

Pinnical studio 14 today refused to play the zi8 sound loud,while magix works fine. Today's issue are showing the sound wave line.

If you decide the software, you'll be fine I never use it to its full potiential way to hard at times
Old Apr 11, 2011, 1:37 PM   #16

I saw you got a little fancy this weekend on the vlog fishy. Were you using muvee for those captions? They looked very professional.

I had to spend a good chunk of the weekend shopping for baby stuff, curtains, painting etc, so I didn't get a chance to vlog at all. Hopefully, I'll get some video time this week. It sucks getting a new toy and not getting a chance to mess around with it.
Old Apr 11, 2011, 4:08 PM   #17

no Muvee I said limits only to three clips, and do not like it like I used to lol. I use magix 995% the time. very easy to use as I use it mostly.

Yes i was super busy, my cam is always with me always shooting keeps me busy
Old Apr 11, 2011, 5:21 PM   #18

My wife hates having video taken of her--not a big fan of still pictures either. Carrying a camcorder around with her isn't going to score me any points. I on the other hand, like to ham it up. I just have to get comfortable having a conversation with the camera (without an human talking to me on the other end). I guess vlogging is really a self-interview.
Old Apr 15, 2011, 12:37 PM   #19

frys.com Pinn 14 u free