Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Apr 19, 2011, 9:33 PM   #1

Default Samsung Q10 vs Samsung H300 - Video Samples Now Included

I am undecided as to which one to get of these two models, which are currently on sale at the local BestBuy. I need your wise assistance!!!!

Samsung Q10

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Samsung+...&skuId=2022343

Samsung H300

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Samsung+...H300&cp=1&lp=1

Official Manufacturer Website for Both Products

http://www.samsung.com/us/photography/camcorders

Your help will be most appreciated

Last edited by scorbing; Apr 23, 2011 at 4:40 PM. Reason: Added video samples
scorbing is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 20, 2011, 9:02 AM   #2

The reason I am asking for your opinion on this is because from what I read on their specs, both cameras have the same exact video quality and components. The only difference is the H300 has a 30x zoom and the Q10 has a 10x zoom and to be perfectly honest I don't know if the 30x zoom is worth the extra $100.00

What do you think?
Old Apr 20, 2011, 11:01 AM   #3

i dont think thats a decision someone can make for you. i personally would get the h300 tho
qv98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2011, 11:12 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by qv98 View Post
i dont think thats a decision someone can make for you. i personally would get the h300 tho
Sometimes people's opinions help
Old Apr 20, 2011, 4:15 PM   #5

10x zoom is more than a enough. It's a camera, not a telescope. Practically speaking, you can't use 30x zoom without a tripod anyway--your hand just isn't steady enough and the cam has digital image stabilization only. Is there a reason you're only looking at two Samsung cameras? Samsung makes some really great products, but they aren't really known for their camcorders. They are big on using funky designs over advanced optics and sensors.
set2374 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2011, 5:50 PM   #6

As we know 5x optical and 4 meg is all we wil l ever need.

I do not own a giant printer, and I have a steady hand at times. LOL.

Sure I will make the decision for you. and you'll give the savings to me.

Sit down think what features you will need, and what you can afford, and research with sample shots, trialing the cam out. how it fits in your hand.
Old Apr 20, 2011, 6:44 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishycomics View Post
As we know 5x optical and 4 meg is all we wil l ever need.

I do not own a giant printer, and I have a steady hand at times. LOL.

Sure I will make the decision for you. and you'll give the savings to me.

Sit down think what features you will need, and what you can afford, and research with sample shots, trialing the cam out. how it fits in your hand.
Fishy correct me if I am wrong please, but from what I can see the only difference between the two models is the Zoom. Both have the same features it seems.
Old Apr 20, 2011, 7:59 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbing View Post
Fishy correct me if I am wrong please, but from what I can see the only difference between the two models is the Zoom. Both have the same features it seems.

If I take the time to go over the specs. 2.7 vs 3.0 screen, the size a tad bigger. optical correct one is bigger. Battery live 1.5 vs 3 hrs, but both up to?

otherwise like you said Optical zoom, is the only feature diffrence. the screen 3 inch is great actual 16:9 hows on the 2.7
Old Apr 20, 2011, 9:26 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishycomics View Post
If I take the time to go over the specs. 2.7 vs 3.0 screen, the size a tad bigger. optical correct one is bigger. Battery live 1.5 vs 3 hrs, but both up to?

otherwise like you said Optical zoom, is the only feature diffrence. the screen 3 inch is great actual 16:9 hows on the 2.7

Well let me tell you, I went ahead and followed your "unofficial" advise and got the Q10. I had an $80.00 Rewards card so that was $80.00 less I had to worry about on the purchase which made the camera total to $140.00.

They had this bundle thing and I got the camera, a bag, a 60" Tripod and a 4GB card for $228.00, including the $80.00 rewards discount. I have a Canon XSi DSLR so the Tripod comes in handy.

I have been reading that the extra zoom on the H300 causes poor quality video. The H300 battery lasts twice much and the Zoom is 30x instead of 10x but I just didn't think the extra $100.00 was worth it, especially when both cameras have the exact same technological features, components and sensors inside.

I have 15 days to return it so we'll see.

Last edited by scorbing; Apr 20, 2011 at 9:29 PM.
Old Apr 20, 2011, 9:58 PM   #10

Default Samsung Q10 Sample Indoor Video

Here's a sample I took tonight after I got home. I took it on 720p 60fps format.

I will be doing some real testing on the weekend during day time hours. The video you about to see was shot at 9:00pm Eastern Time.

Note: YouTube is not really doing this video justice. It looks a hell of a lot better on a TV than it does on YouTube and also I must mention that I didn't have too much light in the apartment, just the kitchen and a small lamp at the living room turned on..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImEUFC6_vc0

Another interesting 720p video (not done by me). Notice how the camera captures the ladies talking from that distance.

http://youtu.be/HLFM8NyVSbI

Last edited by scorbing; Apr 20, 2011 at 10:46 PM.