Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old May 1, 2011, 8:58 PM   #1

Default cant decide

I am looking to buy a cheap video camera, don't want to spend much. My max is $300. Anyways I am a pretty outdoors person and will be shooting alot of action shots. I have been looking at the kodak zx3 and you can get them pretty cheap now or should I get the zx5? I also found the sanyo VPC-GH4 would looks pretty good. Any other recommendations would be helpfull

Last edited by acmx; May 2, 2011 at 8:05 PM.
acmx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 3, 2011, 2:52 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by acmx View Post
I am looking to buy a cheap video camera, don't want to spend much. My max is $300. Anyways I am a pretty outdoors person and will be shooting alot of action shots. I have been looking at the kodak zx3 and you can get them pretty cheap now or should I get the zx5? I also found the sanyo VPC-GH4 would looks pretty good. Any other recommendations would be helpfull
I like the Sanyo line, great video for very cheap if you check out Amazon. I have the VPC-FH1 have tested the GH4, great video quality. Only Kodak worth getting is Playsport the waterproof one only because it's waterproof but for best quality at a low price, the Sanyo's are great, all except the PD2 which is just ok.
HDfan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2011, 4:00 PM   #3

The Sanyo's are nice. In terms of bang for your buck. The JVC Everio GZ-HM300 is a great deal at Newegg.com for $125.00.
set2374 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2011, 5:27 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by set2374 View Post
The Sanyo's are nice. In terms of bang for your buck. The JVC Everio GZ-HM300 is a great deal at Newegg.com for $125.00.

Seems like it is sold out, also doesn't take very good stills it seems. Thing I like about the Sanyos is that the newer lines are very tiny and fit snug in your pocket, JVC looks a bit bulky.
Old May 3, 2011, 5:28 PM   #5

you may wantt o look into the major cams, but hey 99 gets you a kodak playtouch. I look at he sony tx100v
Old May 3, 2011, 6:40 PM   #6

Quote:
Thing about the Kodaks is no flash and useless zoom. That's why the playsport is the only standout model since it's waterproof, which no other brand really offers at a cheap price. Otherwise the Sanyo's are a better choice and worth the difference in costs which isn't that much.
Old May 3, 2011, 8:24 PM   #7

being water proof is not a big deal for me, playtouch down to 90 at bestbuy now. What do you think of the zx5, I heard bad reveiws of it, like it freezing ect. The sony tx100v is a little more than I want to spend and cant find any good deals used either. I would like a 1080p 60p but its hard. to find them cheap. Whats better 1080i 60i or 720p 60p?

Last edited by acmx; May 3, 2011 at 8:38 PM.
acmx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2011, 10:40 PM   #8

Quote:
The Samsung HMX-Q10 is on sale for $199.00 at Best Buy. Has excellent video and features for the price.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Samsung+...&skuId=2022343

REVIEW ON YOUTUBE:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXQZ84euV54
scorbing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2011, 2:45 AM   #9

Quote:
being water proof is not a big deal for me, playtouch down to 90 at bestbuy now. What do you think of the zx5, I heard bad reveiws of it, like it freezing ect. The sony tx100v is a little more than I want to spend and cant find any good deals used either. I would like a 1080p 60p but its hard. to find them cheap. Whats better 1080i 60i or 720p 60p?
Oh 1080i 60fps is much better, of course takes up more space but crystal clear and smooth. 720P 60 fps is good as well, but you'll definitely see the difference but both will have others go "ohhhhh! and awwwww!" especially if they haven't seen too much footage from an HD camcorder. Of course this is viewing from an HDTV.

I have an older HDTV that only does 1080i so I always take video in 1080i but looks great, if anyone wants it to be even clearer than what I have, I don't know what to say.
Old May 4, 2011, 3:23 AM   #10

is it not 90, or did I say 99.99

always leave room for margin. So when you see that cam .

There are no issues with the zx-5, or is there.

Kodak would NEVER release flawed cams they are a family company.

We are very picky when we already are owners of previous models reasons. When new we are excited, taken in by the proformance. And when we are setteled in. New cam comes out, we grab, repeat process over.

Now we thin twice, why do I need the same camera, diffrent style same exact features. Nothing but the body changed, and then we pick pick pick.

Oh it now has auto focus zoom or do we call that fixed auto focus zoom. Neve will I buy a auto focus with no optical zoom, that is an example.

Kodak could have said , or taken more time to add features for that amount of money 180.00 missing auto focus lok or manual focus..

For today some cmaeras offer hd1080p60I or p and within a budget. And still hidden interpolation and limite features like no zoom while record, or pause record, the cams became expensive for other reason. Mother nature to economical crunch.

Why some will buy what their budget allows.

Last edited by fishycomics; May 4, 2011 at 6:30 AM.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote