Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old May 18, 2011, 10:42 PM   #11

Default Disney night time video

here's a night video I recorded at Disney World last night. Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxBVjYRplXE
scorbing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2011, 1:57 AM   #12

Default Disney Mini Parade

Another video I recorded. Disney Mini Parade.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkKhQAp381k
Old May 19, 2011, 7:44 AM   #13

Liked the editing tranistiond of movie film, which editor was that imovie fcp
Old May 19, 2011, 8:11 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishycomics View Post
Liked the editing tranistiond of movie film, which editor was that imovie fcp

iMovie '11
Old May 19, 2011, 2:09 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbing View Post
iMovie '11
thank you . only if I can be updated on my Mac I can then use Im11 thanks
Old May 20, 2011, 10:01 AM   #16

Here you go, another recording at Disney from last night. Now this is some serious low light sample!. I think it did a good job.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jrSZ_qNqzM
Old Jul 19, 2011, 2:38 PM   #17

Quote:
Here you go, another recording at Disney from last night. Now this is some serious low light sample!. I think it did a good job.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jrSZ_qNqzM
Yes, a good job but not a great job. Before you conclude I am criticizing, I have a HMX-H200 and have experienced the exact same issues I see in this video for night shooting. First, there is focus hunting. It happens quite a lot in the first part of your video. The cure, while not always practical, is to focus manually or to use the spot-focus feature, both of which turn off the autofocus.

The second problem is a loss of resolution. What I am seeing in all videos from these cameras and most others is a drop in actual resolution in low light. What you get is barely equivalent to SD (note that the number of pixels doesn't change, only the detail those pixels are resolving). I don't think there is a way around this.

The third problem is a fixed pattern noise. How much you see of this depends on the nature of the content (your clips didn't show much of it), but it's always there. These particular camcorders are hardly alone in showing this artifact. So far the only thing I know that will get rid of it is the Neat noise reduction filter, a plug-in for various editors.
Alen K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2011, 10:22 AM   #18

Well to be fair, the Jazzcam was just a cheap $99 camcorder from Walmart There wasn't anything comparable at the time for that price, but I don't think anyone ever denied it was bit starved though. As long as the scene wasn't complex (ie vegetation etc) it was passable, but it definitely wasn't recommended as your one and only camcorder for recording important stuff. 2 years is a long time in electronics, and today's inexpensive camcorders are definitely much improved.

I do agree with you about the Samsungs. I have also noticed a tendency for them to get the short end of the stick with respect to video quality in reviews.

Quote:
Dude I remember back about 2 years ago, people here praising and being impressed with the Jazz camcorders. Those things had horrible quality, yet people here, including some Admins, were impressed with it....LOL

I just think people here have something against Samsung. Plain and simple. For $300.00, the camera does the job and it doesn't look bad at all. If you know and understand shutter speeds, Depth of Field, etc you can configure it manually and take one hell of a video. The camcorder's Auto-Mode doesn't do a bad job either.

Again, this is NOT a professional camcorder but for its price tag, features and video quality I think it does a great job. The video quality is definitely better than the Jazz...LOL...And it does look better than the already great Zi8.
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2012, 5:06 PM   #19

Default hello

Quote:
Some people here seem to think Samsung can't make a good, quality video camera. I agree that in the past Samsung has made junk but this year they seem to have learned from their past mistakes and have actually created an excellent video camera, the HMX-H300.

Here's a video sample I took yesterday at St. Augustine, Florida. The video is in its original RAW MP4 format. It has not been edited or altered in any way, shape or form. I don't know about you, but I think this camera is a winner and the video is excellent for a $300.00 camcorder.

The camera was set to Auto Mode at 720p/60fps.

Enjoy and please leave your thoughts and comments...Yes that goes for you too Fishy!!!!...LOL...

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4067216/HDV_0065.MP4
hello, your link is not working now.. i want to see 720p/60fps. beause it is real video.. can you upload repeat this video? please, thank you very much.. from turkey..
longtime is offline   Reply With Quote