Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old May 18, 2011, 4:12 AM   #21

http://mobile.dailysteals.com/

I save 100.00 and go with the above 80.00
Old May 18, 2011, 1:22 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishycomics View Post
http://mobile.dailysteals.com/

I save 100.00 and go with the above 80.00
Now that looks like a much better deal to me!
set2374 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2011, 2:37 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishycomics View Post
what is its Diameter size of the lens? not the glass, butt hat center? and Am sure for video yes, but stills unsure, why just look at the Playtouch, how David Snook Sales marketing BLUMBERED
5.5 mm, 35 mm equivalent,

http://store.kodak.com/store/ekconsu...ctID.221644700
acmx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2011, 3:08 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by acmx View Post

For I need not to know, the info but whenwe ask does this fit, do we do that research. the Fe-12 will fit. for sure but will it correctly do its Job unsure, why. Like said DAvid Snook jumps the gun to grab what worked only on a video, but never knoew what happens when stills were taken, so any aftermarket lens may or not be what one is after
Old May 19, 2011, 12:32 AM   #25

well, i went ahead and bought a zx5. haven't had much time (daylight) to mess with it, but i'll post as i discover. so far, the digital image stab works really really great in 720p60fps, but terrible in 1080p. image quality is what you would expect from a flip, but instead of a 10,000 bit rate with my 1st gen minohd, the zx5 averages a constant 15k give or take. i would say the difference is noticeable. no freezing problems yet, i was thinking of updating the firmware because kodak says the picture color was improved with it, which it def could use. i'm hesitant though... thinking i'll start getting freezes.

anyway, if i do, i have a "sd" slot on the front of my tower, but it does not say "sdhc". is it the same #[email protected]# or what? also, if i put it in the slot, how the hell do i get it out? there's no eject button or switch! why is everything always so complicated.

Last edited by fishycomics; May 19, 2011 at 6:50 AM. Reason: a cuss word shit removed p
diamenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2011, 6:59 AM   #26

Diamen...edit the cuss. You can re edit and correct.

For the dis

I would think if it is in the cam, it is used for the whole cam. The video the still in all settings.

Some cams may only allow one. Resolution for example. Hd720p60, and not hd1080p or still. Another example zoom is limited in hd1080 only.

Why companies limit, they want you to purchse the higher end model, cannot afford to offer everything in a low budget, then it be to expensive.
Old May 19, 2011, 6:59 AM   #27

Diamen...edit the cuss. You can re edit and correct.

For the dis

I would think if it is in the cam, it is used for the whole cam. The video the still in all settings.

Some cams may only allow one. Resolution for example. Hd720p60, and not hd1080p or still. Another example zoom is limited in hd1080 only.

Why companies limit, they want you to purchse the higher end model, cannot afford to offer everything in a low budget, then it be to expensive.
Old May 23, 2011, 3:03 PM   #28

got my zx5 today in the mail and so far i like it

had no problems with the auto focus, one con is it seems to get hot after lots of use

Last edited by acmx; May 23, 2011 at 6:16 PM.
acmx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2011, 11:59 PM   #29

i returned this camera today... it's just terrible. well, actually the only terrible thing is the color. stabilization is great in 720p60fps like i said, and i never experienced any lock ups, but the color just kills it.

i'm not sure if it's the 1.01 firmware that does this (camera came out of the box with latest firmware), but the way they have it programmed to record makes blacks blacker, and all other dark colors darker than they actually are. if any of you are familiar with the 'output data as basic ycbcr format' in tmpgenc, that's what it is. my first gen flip produces better color than this, it's really really bad. gonna try out either a bloggie touch or duo. here's an example:

look at the black cars, they're a little too black aren't they. and no, it's not a light situation - exact same thing happens in bright sunlight covering the whole frame. even careful gamma correction does not help. it's terrible. i hope bestbuy doesn't have a limit on # of returns... i've already returned a 3rd gen flip, now this zx5. i plan on buying a bloggie touch tomorrow, and may just return that too to see how it compares with the bloggie duo and make a final decision, haha.
Attached Images

diamenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2011, 3:07 AM   #30

Due to its Cmos sensor.

Sony you'll probbly expirence better or worse, never saying perfect