Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jul 29, 2011, 1:28 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 138
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahauss View Post
Thanks .. I have seen those cameras before but they arent the pocketable ones.... any other suggestions? anyone??
Well if you can find a good deal on the Sanyo VPC-CS1, those are really slim, barely thicker than Iphone, should fit snug in your pocket, and has same specs as the other Sanyo camcorders. The other Sanyo pistol grip camcorders are quite slim as well, although the VPC-CS1 is definitely the most pocketable of them all.

HDfan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2011, 1:35 PM   #12
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 138
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahauss View Post
Thanks .. I have seen those cameras before but they arent the pocketable ones.... any other suggestions? anyone??
Hard to find a pocket camcorder with optical zoom, only ones I know are the Sanyo PD2 and VPC-CS1 (both also have flash). Otherwise the digital zoom on most of the pocket camcorders is pretty useless.

And when I say pocket, I mean it in the strictest sense, camcorders that feel like a phone. There are some other ones I guess more considered portable like the other Sanyo or Aiptek that have optical zoom and flash, won't quite fit comfortably in your pocket but small.

Last edited by HDfan23; Jul 29, 2011 at 1:42 PM.
HDfan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2011, 1:55 PM   #13
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 47
Default

Between the Sanyo PD2 and VPC-CS1, which one would you rather have? which one has better picture quality and sound and low light?
I watched some videos of both but can not decide

Thanks!
dahauss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2011, 1:57 PM   #14
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 47
Default

Listening to the CS1, I see the audio is DISTORTED in a LOUD SETTING. Does the PD2 have the same issue? sound is equally important...

here is a video that shows the sound issue on the CS1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0pUU...eature=related

you will also see it had a hard time keeping focus... does the PD2 also have that issue??
dahauss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2011, 2:20 PM   #15
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 47
Default

Now I look at the PD2 and the video quality isnt great.. there has to be a 1/2 decent 1080 camera in the $150 or under range with optical zoom and good sound...
Im not looking for the same quality I get from my 3MOS camera but quality better then my cell phone

in another video the PD2 had a focus issue too

Last edited by dahauss; Jul 29, 2011 at 2:28 PM.
dahauss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2011, 2:28 PM   #16
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 138
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahauss View Post
Listening to the CS1, I see the audio is DISTORTED in a LOUD SETTING. Does the PD2 have the same issue? sound is equally important...

here is a video that shows the sound issue on the CS1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0pUU...eature=related

you will also see it had a hard time keeping focus... does the PD2 also have that issue??
Yes, I've seen issues with focus on my PD2 indoors as well although adjusting the zoom seems to help it get back in focus. Haven't noticed the audio issues too much, loudest I've used it is @ a basketball game but didn't notice distortion. In the youtube video seems like heavy bass seems to get distorted although I'm not sure how much of it is youtube not rendering correctly.
HDfan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2011, 2:34 PM   #17
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 138
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahauss View Post
Now I look at the PD2 and the video quality isnt great.. there has to be a 1/2 decent 1080 camera in the $150 or under range with optical zoom and good sound...
Im not looking for the same quality I get from my 3MOS camera but quality better then my cell phone

in another video the PD2 had a focus issue too
Yep hard to find all those qualities in a low price pocket camcorder, seems like 1 of those need to be sacrificed. Audio never seems to be a priority with these camcorder manufacturers, all seems to suffer when there's high wind or bass. Seems like some of the newer lineup of pocket camcorders still don't have optical zoom like some of the new kodaks, samsungs, panasonics, not sure why they don't work on it.
HDfan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2011, 2:59 PM   #18
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 47
Default

so what to get? Im going to use it around LOUD audio (Im a DJ).. I just want something I can stick in my pocket when I cant bring my 3MOS camera.. too many choices and no way to physically play..
dahauss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2011, 11:22 AM   #19
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 47
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahauss View Post
so what to get? Im going to use it around LOUD audio (Im a DJ).. I just want something I can stick in my pocket when I cant bring my 3MOS camera.. too many choices and no way to physically play..
With all the people on here, I thought I would have some replies to this???

are there really no good pocket video cameras under $150?
dahauss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2011, 11:44 AM   #20
Moderator
 
fishycomics's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: NYC NY
Posts: 9,623
Default

Once again Kodak zi8, zx3 zx5 or Sony WX-9 do not forgeteth Playtouch
__________________
These are Pc low Budget Economy Hybrid camcorders Great for the Daytime Outdoor shots
Light on the Object video made. No light No Video
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:48 PM.