Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Jul 21, 2011, 5:29 PM   #1

Default which camera

since I already own a nice TM700 full HD 3CMOS camera, I dont want to spend a lot of money.. BUT I am looking for a nice pocket 1080P or 1080I camera that takes good video in low light, and has good sound and wont distort in a loud environment (concert setting). I would also like something with a zoom if possible? is there something in the $150 or less range? are there any camera deals? I want it to be pocketable to carry with me when cant take my 3CMOS camera....
djqwik is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 21, 2011, 6:19 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by djqwik View Post
since I already own a nice TM700 full HD 3CMOS camera, I dont want to spend a lot of money.. BUT I am looking for a nice pocket 1080P or 1080I camera that takes good video in low light, and has good sound and wont distort in a loud environment (concert setting). I would also like something with a zoom if possible? is there something in the $150 or less range? are there any camera deals? I want it to be pocketable to carry with me when cant take my 3CMOS camera....

Sanyo CG series are pretty good, check them out on amazon.com
HDfan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21, 2011, 6:29 PM   #3

sony WX9 its 5x opt Full 1080I 60fps

Kodak zi8 70.
Old Jul 28, 2011, 1:28 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishycomics View Post
sony WX9 its 5x opt Full 1080I 60fps

Kodak zi8 70.
isnt the WX9 really a still camera??
dahauss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2011, 1:33 PM   #5

it is a Still, yes, as wel la video .
Old Jul 28, 2011, 6:09 PM   #6

Id rather have one that is a video cam first.. what about the CAMILEO P100 or the Sanyo VPC-PD2? I need good low light (as good as you can get for one of these type of inexpensive cams), optical zoom and good audio that does not distort when the sound in the room gets loud...
Old Jul 28, 2011, 6:17 PM   #7

Quote:
Id rather have one that is a video cam first.. what about the CAMILEO P100 or the Sanyo VPC-PD2? I need good low light (as good as you can get for one of these type of inexpensive cams), optical zoom and good audio that does not distort when the sound in the room gets loud...
I have the PD2, however not very good in low light as are many of the camcorders in this price range. Great outdoors however. One bad thing is the motor noise is a bit loud when zooming in and out. But nice to have around for spontaneous shots and fits snug in your pocket.
Old Jul 28, 2011, 9:21 PM   #8

yes I know most pocket cameras arent good in low light.. I had the VPC-HD700 720P that was not great in low light.. out of all the cameras, which one will do a pretty good 1080 video with pretty good color and low light and dos OK photos with optical zoom and good audio and is $150 or less (or even $100 or less) ... Im just looking for a small pocketable camera...

I know this is asking a lot but for all the cheap cameras out there it is hard to tell what is good since I cant play them them myself....
Old Jul 29, 2011, 11:42 AM   #9

Quote:
yes I know most pocket cameras arent good in low light.. I had the VPC-HD700 720P that was not great in low light.. out of all the cameras, which one will do a pretty good 1080 video with pretty good color and low light and dos OK photos with optical zoom and good audio and is $150 or less (or even $100 or less) ... Im just looking for a small pocketable camera...

I know this is asking a lot but for all the cheap cameras out there it is hard to tell what is good since I cant play them them myself....
I purchased a VPC-GH4 for my dad but had a chance to test it first, it seemed to do well in low light and offers the most in the $150 - 200 range. There are several Sanyo's in the same class, CG20, CG102, GH2 all around the same price. Check around amazon. I can't comment on the audio since audio isn't as important to me, as long as I'm hearing something and it comes out reasonably clear, I'm ok. If you buy used you can get good deals, maybe $50 less than new. I'm not a guy to shy away from used, refurbished or returned items, in fact my VPC-FH1 and PD2 were used and still work great.
Old Jul 29, 2011, 12:09 PM   #10

Thanks .. I have seen those cameras before but they arent the pocketable ones.... any other suggestions? anyone??
dahauss is offline   Reply With Quote