Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jul 21, 2011, 5:29 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 108
Default which camera

since I already own a nice TM700 full HD 3CMOS camera, I dont want to spend a lot of money.. BUT I am looking for a nice pocket 1080P or 1080I camera that takes good video in low light, and has good sound and wont distort in a loud environment (concert setting). I would also like something with a zoom if possible? is there something in the $150 or less range? are there any camera deals? I want it to be pocketable to carry with me when cant take my 3CMOS camera....
djqwik is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 21, 2011, 6:19 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 138
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by djqwik View Post
since I already own a nice TM700 full HD 3CMOS camera, I dont want to spend a lot of money.. BUT I am looking for a nice pocket 1080P or 1080I camera that takes good video in low light, and has good sound and wont distort in a loud environment (concert setting). I would also like something with a zoom if possible? is there something in the $150 or less range? are there any camera deals? I want it to be pocketable to carry with me when cant take my 3CMOS camera....

Sanyo CG series are pretty good, check them out on amazon.com
HDfan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21, 2011, 6:29 PM   #3
Moderator
 
fishycomics's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: NYC NY
Posts: 9,621
Default

sony WX9 its 5x opt Full 1080I 60fps

Kodak zi8 70.
__________________
These are Pc low Budget Economy Hybrid camcorders Great for the Daytime Outdoor shots
Light on the Object video made. No light No Video
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2011, 1:28 PM   #4
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 47
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishycomics View Post
sony WX9 its 5x opt Full 1080I 60fps

Kodak zi8 70.
isnt the WX9 really a still camera??
dahauss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2011, 1:33 PM   #5
Moderator
 
fishycomics's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: NYC NY
Posts: 9,621
Default

it is a Still, yes, as wel la video .
__________________
These are Pc low Budget Economy Hybrid camcorders Great for the Daytime Outdoor shots
Light on the Object video made. No light No Video
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2011, 6:09 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 108
Default

Id rather have one that is a video cam first.. what about the CAMILEO P100 or the Sanyo VPC-PD2? I need good low light (as good as you can get for one of these type of inexpensive cams), optical zoom and good audio that does not distort when the sound in the room gets loud...
djqwik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2011, 6:17 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 138
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by djqwik View Post
Id rather have one that is a video cam first.. what about the CAMILEO P100 or the Sanyo VPC-PD2? I need good low light (as good as you can get for one of these type of inexpensive cams), optical zoom and good audio that does not distort when the sound in the room gets loud...
I have the PD2, however not very good in low light as are many of the camcorders in this price range. Great outdoors however. One bad thing is the motor noise is a bit loud when zooming in and out. But nice to have around for spontaneous shots and fits snug in your pocket.
HDfan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2011, 9:21 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 108
Default

yes I know most pocket cameras arent good in low light.. I had the VPC-HD700 720P that was not great in low light.. out of all the cameras, which one will do a pretty good 1080 video with pretty good color and low light and dos OK photos with optical zoom and good audio and is $150 or less (or even $100 or less) ... Im just looking for a small pocketable camera...

I know this is asking a lot but for all the cheap cameras out there it is hard to tell what is good since I cant play them them myself....
djqwik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2011, 11:42 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 138
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by djqwik View Post
yes I know most pocket cameras arent good in low light.. I had the VPC-HD700 720P that was not great in low light.. out of all the cameras, which one will do a pretty good 1080 video with pretty good color and low light and dos OK photos with optical zoom and good audio and is $150 or less (or even $100 or less) ... Im just looking for a small pocketable camera...

I know this is asking a lot but for all the cheap cameras out there it is hard to tell what is good since I cant play them them myself....
I purchased a VPC-GH4 for my dad but had a chance to test it first, it seemed to do well in low light and offers the most in the $150 - 200 range. There are several Sanyo's in the same class, CG20, CG102, GH2 all around the same price. Check around amazon. I can't comment on the audio since audio isn't as important to me, as long as I'm hearing something and it comes out reasonably clear, I'm ok. If you buy used you can get good deals, maybe $50 less than new. I'm not a guy to shy away from used, refurbished or returned items, in fact my VPC-FH1 and PD2 were used and still work great.
HDfan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2011, 12:09 PM   #10
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 47
Default

Thanks .. I have seen those cameras before but they arent the pocketable ones.... any other suggestions? anyone??
dahauss is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:45 AM.