Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Jul 25, 2011, 2:18 AM   #1

Default Should I get the Toshiba x100 or no?

My budget is around $130-$180. Not much to work with, I know, but I keep seeing the Camileo X100 and I'm considering getting it. I just want an entry-level camcorder that doesn't have the "pocket" form-factor. I also saw the Samsung Q10 but every single spec is lower than the X100, including the size of the sensor.

Are there any other cameras better than those two? I need help picking something. I'm really looking for 1080, at least 60i, possibly 30p, to be for general use... Probably a lot of home video, some RC plane footage, etc. Nothing professional.
Apk07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 25, 2011, 5:16 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apk07 View Post
My budget is around $130-$180. Not much to work with, I know, but I keep seeing the Camileo X100 and I'm considering getting it. I just want an entry-level camcorder that doesn't have the "pocket" form-factor. I also saw the Samsung Q10 but every single spec is lower than the X100, including the size of the sensor.

Are there any other cameras better than those two? I need help picking something. I'm really looking for 1080, at least 60i, possibly 30p, to be for general use... Probably a lot of home video, some RC plane footage, etc. Nothing professional.

Get a take a look into the Sony WX-9, yes becaused I owned it.

we love foryou to get he cam you wnt and review it here.
Old Jul 25, 2011, 5:47 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishycomics View Post
Get a take a look into the Sony WX-9, yes becaused I owned it.

we love foryou to get he cam you wnt and review it here.
Thanks for the suggestion but I'm looking more for a camcorder type that can also take pictures, not so much a point and shoot pocket camera
Old Jul 25, 2011, 1:48 PM   #4

Quote:
Thanks for the suggestion but I'm looking more for a camcorder type that can also take pictures, not so much a point and shoot pocket camera
Sanyo's are pretty good, they have a few hybrid types that do 1080i 60 fps like this one http://www.amazon.com/Sanyo-VPC-CG10...1615781&sr=8-3

I own the Sanyo VPC-FH1 and am quite happy with it. I also tested the GH4 which does very well for stills and video.
HDfan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2011, 2:07 PM   #5

then you'll miss out on what the camcorder feature can do, not big problem

the Sony can be set up for1080I60f
sharpness, tracking focus, object focus, vivid saturated, b&w, scene detection. to just name a few. Yes its what you may call a point-n-shoot.
Old Jul 25, 2011, 5:36 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDfan23 View Post
Sanyo's are pretty good, they have a few hybrid types that do 1080i 60 fps like this one http://www.amazon.com/Sanyo-VPC-CG10...1615781&sr=8-3

I own the Sanyo VPC-FH1 and am quite happy with it. I also tested the GH4 which does very well for stills and video.
That Sanyo VPC-CG102 looks really good for it's price, and the reviews are pretty promising (again, for it's price). I especially like how it's zoom is all the way to 12x optical as opposed to all these other 10x...
I noticed it's discontinued on Sanyo's site... is there a newer model around the same price that's better?

Last edited by Apk07; Jul 25, 2011 at 5:40 PM.
Old Jul 25, 2011, 6:33 PM   #7

Quote:
That Sanyo VPC-CG102 looks really good for it's price, and the reviews are pretty promising (again, for it's price). I especially like how it's zoom is all the way to 12x optical as opposed to all these other 10x...
I noticed it's discontinued on Sanyo's site... is there a newer model around the same price that's better?
Seems like they've been bought out by Panasonic, something I've been hearing that's been in the works for quite some time. I suspect any newer version will be released under the Panasonic brand. I believe out of the Sanyo 1080i 60fps models, this one has the highest specs and they all seem to be within the same price range give or take $20, at least on Amazon. I purchased this one for a friend http://www.amazon.com/Sanyo-VPC-GH4-...1633144&sr=8-4 but had a chance to test it out first, looks awesome on an HDTV, hope you got one. So I would think the CG102 would be at least as good.
HDfan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9, 2011, 4:17 PM   #8

Default Here are a few...

The toshibha is pretty good, samsung hmx t10 is really nice, but sometimes you hear a occasional clicking... Sanyo vpc cs1 is great excellent sound and video quality.... All three are available at Walmart.com...
Just bought them all for testing.. Let me know what you deciede, there are reviews online... Techmoan has a review on the sanyo vpc cs1.... That's why I bought it... Check it out....
Taya786 is offline   Reply With Quote