Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Jul 25, 2011, 9:48 PM   #1

Default Kodak Playsport ZX5 Underwater Test - Swimming Pool

Hello...

Thought I would share my experiences using the Kodak Playsport Zx5. About a month ago I stopped at my local best buy in search for a pocket video camera. I previously owned a Flip Ultra HD pocket camcorder, but later sold it (wasn't getting much use). I went back to best buy with the intention of getting a flip again, but I had done a little research and heard about a new pocket video camera that had just been released, the Kodak Playsport Zx5. So swipe goes the credit card and let the video capturing begin.

In the past 2 weeks, testing the Zx5, I have no regrets purchasing this product!

The video was shot underwater in my cousins swimming pool. Note: Make sure you watch the video in 720p (makes a huge difference). Also, I enabled "underwater correction" in the setup menu before submerging it in the water.

Underwater Test (Swimming Pool) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcS_fH2qfiU

I also took a snapshot underwater and the quality was excellent.

Other test videos of the Kodak Zx5 if you're interested...

Macro Mode Test - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiHLJrEPb_A

720p 60fps Test (Car Ride) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKkPt8T57Ds

- Murph

Last edited by MurphsVlogs; Jul 29, 2011 at 11:27 AM.
MurphsVlogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 29, 2011, 1:59 AM   #2

If anyone has a question or a test you would like for me to do, please leave a comment and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Murph
Old Jul 29, 2011, 2:21 PM   #3

Cool! Thanks for this!

I've seen those cases that you snap your camera into (mostly pns, I think) and I've always wondered if they work. Do you have any opinion on those?
JeannieBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2011, 12:05 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeannieBug View Post
Cool! Thanks for this!

I've seen those cases that you snap your camera into (mostly pns, I think) and I've always wondered if they work. Do you have any opinion on those?
Hello,

I've never personally used snap on cases for my cameras, but have used them on other devices such as mobile phones. From my experience, snap on cases usually add bulk to the device and often times trap a lot dust or even lint under the plastic casing (I'm OCD and this bothers me). I personally wouldn't use them, but they do what they were made to do, to protect the device.

As for the Kodak Playsport Zx5, the device itself is very durable. There is one thing I would recommend, a screen protector. The screen is highly susceptible to scratching.

- Murph

Last edited by MurphsVlogs; Jul 30, 2011 at 12:07 AM.
Old Jul 30, 2011, 12:34 AM   #5

Great information! Thank you!

You should be a professional review writer (if there is such a thing). You are a very good commentator.
JeannieBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2011, 6:13 AM   #6

http://www.decalgirl.com/category.vi...-Zx3-Skins/all

There skins rather what has already been applied to the Zx-5 called a shock resistant, not proof case. the test ofdropping of 4-8 feet, or 50 plus feet on a plywood was done, by David Snook AKA Dsnook24 youtube.
Old Dec 30, 2011, 5:29 AM   #7

I have gone through the video. That was unbelievable. The clarity of the image hadn't changed in the water also. That was really fantastic.