Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Jan 10, 2012, 3:50 PM   #1

Default Kodak Playfull Dual ZI12 HD1080P60F

the kodak Playfull dual ZI12 soon to be released by Febuary that is a few weeks away for 200.00 less that penny.

Check out Kodak for all info.

Excited about it yes. the Playfull drops to 99.99, and ZI8 oh man the cam I loved. now since everything is out for this ca, slow mo, light this would end all cams, but hey I got one in my pocket. it is a App phone called the IPhone 4S, Download a app for tiltshift, download a app for timelapse, download for Fps soon, why would I need anything more. Did I say it can record double the time of the cams. well who can complain about new gadgets, not me. enjoy
http://store.kodak.com/store/ekconsu...ctID.242529300
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 11, 2012, 8:13 PM   #2

this will have 1080 60p and also 720 240p. if the 720 240p mode isnt limited to around 30 seconds like a lot of cameras, i may pick this thing up
qv98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2012, 6:54 PM   #3

http://www.amazon.com/Kodak-PlayFull.../dp/B006L6ZU84

Amazon has it listed now too. This seems like a step above all the other cams in this category.

Specs:
Product Features

• Two powerful cameras in one - shoot spectacular 1080p HD video @ 60 fps or take stunning pictures with the 12 MP BSI CMOS sensor
  • Enhance your shots in dimly lit situations with the built-in Xenon flash
  • Record and review audio with remarkable fidelity via the external microphone/headphone jack
  • Grab all the details using high speed video @ 240 fps or 120 fps for slow motion playback
  • Relive moments instantly on the 3 in. HVGA LCD featuring KODAK Color Science technology and Glare Shield

Technical Details

• Brand Name: Kodak
  • Model: Zi12
  • Optical zoom: 4.0
  • Display Size: 3.0 inches
Kodak Dual Camera

Spectacular video. Stunning pictures. Same camera.
1080p HD video. 12 MP BSI CMOS pictures. The Kodak Dual Camera gives you the best of both worlds. Features high-speed video, a mic jack, and a built-in flash for optimal performance in any environment. Plus, you can tag your favorites for effortless sharing with Kodak's Share button.

The Kodak Dual Camera offers the potent combination of an impressive 1080p @ 60 fps HD video camera and a fully featured 12 MP BSI CMOS digital camera in one streamlined device. It raises expectations even higher with a built-in xenon flash, high-speed video capture, and enhanced audio functionality. Sharing it all is simple. Just press Kodak's Share button to tag to Facebook, Email, YouTube, and more1. The Dual—nothing quite like it, everything to like about it.

Two powerful cameras in one
  • Shoot spectacular 1080p HD video @ 60 fps
  • Take stunning pictures with the 12 MP BSI CMOS sensor
  • Enhance your shots in dimly lit situations with the built-in xenon flash
Incredible HD video is at your fingertips
  • Record and review audio with remarkable fidelity via the external microphone/headphone jack
  • Deliver sharper, clearer pictures, regardless of camera movement with digital image stabilization
  • Record even in low-light and fast-action situations with high ISO (up to 3200)
Pictures, video, and impressive results
  • Capture broad landscapes with the Dual wide angle lens—26 mm for stills and 31 mm for video
  • Shoot stills while recording high definition video
  • Explore endless creative possibilities with multiple scene modes and film effects like:
    • KodaColor, EktaChrome, KodaChrome, T-Max, TRI-X, and sepia to give a new look to your scene
    • Automatic panorama, high-speed movie and more
Don't let sun glare ruin your recording
  • Glare Shield lets you manually adjust the display to better see the screen in very bright sunlight
  • Kodak Color Science Technology displays your pictures and video in more vibrant detail across the 3.0 in. HVGA LCD (460K) The power to edit in the palm of your hand
  • The Kodak Dual Camera features on-camera editing capability, so you can trim and tweak video clips with ease
  • Generate cool mashups in an instant using the highlight video feature
  • Get the most out of your footage by extracting still images from your HD video
Just one button for every way you share
The world's only cameras with 3-step sharing!2
  1. Just press Share when in review mode
  2. Choose your favorite sharing destination, Facebook, Email, YouTube, and more1
  3. Connect your camera to your computer or insert your memory card then your pictures and videos are automatically uploaded to those destination(s)
Kodak's Share button:
  • Automatically shares when you connect to a computer2
  • Tag to the largest number of social networks
  • Shares to multiple social networks and Email at the same time2
Tips & Projects Exchange
Explore our community
Kodak's Tips & Projects Exchange connects you with exclusive content from product innovators and users to help:
  • Enhance your video through tips, projects, forums, and workshops
  • Improve your Kodak experience with simple and savvy how-to videos
  • Share creative ideas with ease and discover all your video possibilities
Check it out Ready for the big screen
  • Relive your video the way you captured it, in portrait or landscape, when you use ARCSOFT Media Impression for Kodak Software or Apple Quicktime Software during playback on your computer
  • Watch your adventures on your HDTV with Micro HDMI output, or the included USB cable
  • It doesn't matter if you own a MAC or a PC—the Kodak Dual Camera is compatible with both
1 Sharing sites vary by region.
2 All models of digital still and video cameras manufactured in 2011 or later.

Product Specifications

Standard features
Sensor type 1 / 2.33-type, 12 MP CMOS
Lens 31 mm (4:3), 35 mm equivalent 31 mm @ 1080p with DIS 31 mm @ 720p with DIS 31 mm @ WVGA with DIS 26 mm @ still capture
Zoom 4X digital
Image stabilization digital
Display size 3.0 in. TFT color LCD
Storage 20 MB internal memory, SD/SDHC card expansion slot (up to 32 GB)
Focus modes normal, macro
Focus range normal: 10 cm [0.1 m]–infinity; macro: 10 cm (0.1 m)–50 cm (0.5 m)
White balance auto
Flash mode auto, off
Flash compensation no
Shooting modes (still)
Smart Capture yes
Scene modes portrait, landscape, children, self portrait, night portrait, night landscape, automatic panorama
Self-timer 2 sec., 10 sec., 2-shots, single, 0.8 fps, 1.1 fps, 1.7 fps (continuous)
Burst modes 0.8 fps, 1.1 fps, 1.7 fps (continuous)

Still capture/review

Still format JPEG/EXIF v2.3
Picture size 12 MP (4:3) 9 MP (16:9) 6 MP (4:3)
Film effects KodaColor, EktaChrome, KodaChrome, T-Max, TRI-X, sepia
Orientation sensor yes
Internal memory yes
Review options image orientation, single-up, magnify stills, fast scroll, fast forward/rewind video: x1, x2 , x4 , x1/2, pause video, video playback by frame, video volume control, delete, email, tagging, view thumbnails / multi-up

Video capture/review
Video formats MPEG-4, AAC LC
Capture modes 1080p (1920 x; 1080, 30 fps) 720p /60 fps (1280 x; 720, 60 fps) 720p (1280 x; 720, 30 fps) WVGA (848 x; 480, 30 fps)
Film effects KodaColor, EktaChrome, KodaChrome, T-Max, TRI-X, sepia
Microphone yes, monaural
Speaker yes, monaural
Review options fast forward/rewind, pause, by frame, volume control, multi-up (thumbnail), slideshow
Editing make picture, trim

Physical specifications
I/O interface USB (2.0 high speed), AV out, HDMI, external stereo mic/ headphone jack
Power Kodak Rechargeable Li-Ion Battery KLIC-7004, AC adapter
Tripod mount in. standard
Dimensions W x; H x; D: 2.3 x; 4.3 x; 0.6 in.
Weight 3.5 oz without battery

Package Contents
  • Kodak Dual Camera
  • Kodak Rechargeable Li-Ion Battery KLIC-7004
  • Adapter and cable for battery charging
  • Wrist strap
  • Quick Start Guide ARCSOFT MEDIA IMPRESSION Software for Kodak (on-camera, PC only)
System Requirements

Windows
  • Windows XP SP3, Vista, Windows 7 or later
  • Internet Explorer 6.0 or higher
Macintosh
  • Macintosh 10.5, 10.6, 10.7 or higher
  • Safari 1.1 or higher
Hardware
  • 2.8 GHz processor or higher
  • 2 GB RAM and 64 MB video RAM
  • 1200 x; 800 or higher display resolution
  • 300 MB available hard drive space
  • CD-ROM drive
  • USB v2.0 or higher

Product Description

The KODAK PLAYFULL Dual Camera offers the potent combination of an impressive 1080p/60 fps HD video camera and a fully featured 12 MP BSI CMOS digital camera in one streamlined device. It raises expectations even higher with a built-in Xenon flash, high-speed video capture, and enhanced audio functionality. Sharing it all is simple. Just press Kodak's Share button to tag to FACEBOOK, KODAK Gallery, email, and more. The PLAYFULL Dual - nothing quite like it, everything to like about it.
fway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2012, 7:27 AM   #4

To show, and Air the correct or incorrect availability I just cannot stand. Kodak.com tells you its available in Febuary, and locks out for no pre-order. Amazon will take your Pre order and say it's available by March 31,2012.

Come on who is right or wrong? that is a 4th party not 3rd party. And White is the Only color? The to top it off a comparable model the Flip for $114.00 while they are no longer a company? just shows ya .

I love the idea, of the New Model, showing a larger lens section, if we knew its actual lens diameter, this means one think.\s kodak planned this right or wrong?

David Snook went out to China main land, met with the suppliers of the W67/68, FE-12 , and 2x lens adaptor. signeda contract, to purchase and badge Kodaks name on their product, and sell for $30.00-$70.00 single to kit on tehirsite and brick stores. Stealing the ideas of consumers, and not offering
credit.

No longer will this lens ring correctly fit on the Barrel. Did they sit down and think to intergratte this design into this Model? NO! Did they thin a different Lens will fit over the area, No, but am sure this will lead to others now getting a larger one on.

Way to go Kodak, gives it a great look, but a totally usless area that only a lil lens or sensor shows. more area t oscratch in plastic/glass.

If I were you, I redesign wit ha ring connector so adaptors can go.. but hey Welcome to the real world. Consumers offer great feedback.

I will not tletthat stop me from my decision, just I point out what I like/dislike. thank you.
Old Jan 18, 2012, 6:59 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishycomics View Post
Way to go Kodak, gives it a great look, but a totally usless area that only a lil lens or sensor shows. more area t oscratch in plastic/glass.
it has a shutter like a digital camera so the lens wont be scratched when its off
qv98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2012, 5:02 AM   #6

If it does have that machanical one then I P A S S but i am talking about that One in hte cover not the lens itself, or that Diode thingy Lol.

Kodak Files Bankrupcy protection, so aregonna have a trust worthy cam

Last edited by fishycomics; Jan 19, 2012 at 6:22 AM.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2012, 2:52 PM   #7

Quote:
Kodak Files Bankrupcy protection, so aregonna have a trust worthy cam
Yes, I heard that on the news this morning.

I wonder if the new Kodak PlayFull Zi12 will actually reach the market?

It looks very interesting using a BSI CMOS sensor -
so may well rival the video quality (esp low light) of the Samsung W200
but the Zi12 has 60fps at 1080p.....
and the iPhone 4S.

However think about it, the iPhone 4S.....
most smarter phones now take video
more and more are starting to do HD
- so who'd want/need a separate pocket camcorder?

Wasn't that the reason why CISCO dropped the Flip line?

PS - I saw yesterday on 1SaleADay -
refurb Zi10 = 49.99; Zx3 = 59.99; Zx5 = 69.99

Last edited by UnknownVT; Jan 19, 2012 at 3:04 PM.
UnknownVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2012, 8:35 PM   #8

I may have to look for a app to do 60fps, I luv my Iphone 4S lol even look for a slo mo app.

I think no matter what they already made the line, and like any other company found a loop hole, Lol. Wish them luck.
Old Jan 21, 2012, 6:42 AM   #9

Armstrong in space, on the Moon Kodak was there, 67 movies won major acadamy awards, and now look whee Kodak is.

Soon the ZI12will be out, and bet this will pull it through Lol.
Old Jan 21, 2012, 7:28 AM   #10

Quote:
the kodak Playfull dual ZI12 soon to be released by Febuary that is a few weeks away for 200.00 less that penny.

Check out Kodak for all info.

Excited about it yes. the Playfull drops to 99.99, and ZI8 oh man the cam I loved. now since everything is out for this ca, slow mo, light this would end all cams, but hey I got one in my pocket. it is a App phone called the IPhone 4S, Download a app for tiltshift, download a app for timelapse, download for Fps soon, why would I need anything more. Did I say it can record double the time of the cams. well who can complain about new gadgets, not me. enjoy
http://store.kodak.com/store/ekconsu...ctID.242529300
Yeah, saw it after looking at CES, meant to post a thread on it, see my playful thread.

It is a shame about Kodak. We lost Sanyo, and Aiptek and DXG no longer seem to have leading edge products, so Kodak is the last one left. It is inevitable, lack lustre consumer models up until the HD ones, emphasis on dwindeling markets like film, and not planning ahead for growing markets with big expansion to cost competitively like Sony does, that now sells it's sensors to many competitors with a huge slice of the market. In face to face discussions, I am the only one I have ever heard being positive about them, and that includes with ex employees. Surely the Chinese have somebody that can beat these cameras for the future if Kdak does not pull through. It would have made such a difference if they could have used more advanced versions of the ambarelka chipsets and better sensirs on their digital camera range, with Ambarelka they could have been a major competitor accross the range.
Wayne12 is offline   Reply With Quote