Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Feb 25, 2013, 2:13 PM   #11

About JK Imaging, Ltd.
JK Imaging, Ltd. is a privately held company headquartered in Los Angeles, California with 12 additional
sales offices worldwide. The executive team is comprised of experienced sales and marketing officers
with extensive backgrounds in digital imaging and global distribution. JK Imaging, Ltd. services North
America, South America, Europe, Asia and the Middle East. For more information, visit
www.kodakcamera.jkiltd.com.
Old Feb 27, 2013, 8:55 AM   #12

Kodak's reputation suffered, except in hybrids, maybe it will work. They offer better models, see the GE range now, have their own distribution network to sell to their established customers, and use the Kodak brand. They are their own company. Hope they do well at it. It is a same there is no 4k model, that is sellable to early scooters we had plenty of here. Hopefully they don't flood the market with hybrid models like Kodak did in the end. Keep it simple, 1, 2 or 3 low cost quality hybrid models.

Hope they give you a beta test too Fishy.
Wayne12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2013, 9:23 AM   #13

http://www.steves-digicams.com/camer...m2-review.html

Ahhg, after all this time, no 4k, fullhd p50, 20 mb/s, less than what a zx3 or Sanyo used to do. How I miss all our hybrids that were good value charging little for cheap features and great performance. This one has features too, but the performance. Still, if you want liw light, the sensor in these are huge compared to hybrids, I wonder how they do at liw light.

Common Kodak, 4k ultrahd p25, 30 or 50, little rolling shutter, 80-160mb/s modes., uncompressed 4k live hdmi out, full manual controls with auto assist, and including separate Iris, shutter and exposure with auto assist, full multichannel quality microphone port with level control, full remote control or tripod handle controls port included ? Make it the qualitative Kodak signature camera people dream about.
Old Feb 27, 2013, 9:24 AM   #14

We know what makes a camera, not the competition.
Old Feb 27, 2013, 1:50 PM   #15

JK ltd is the take over, you are saying G E is taking over. look what they did to Jazz. killed a great camera
Old Feb 27, 2013, 2:27 PM   #16

Jk ltd, GE, Kodak three companies names and yet, no camera vailable
Old Feb 28, 2013, 10:56 PM   #17

From my understanding jk and he involved, and stacks of cameras that are now better quality. Now GE has improved, and Kodak is coming, is there a need for Jaz. The small hybrid Sanyo pistol grip cameras, now that is a loss, but many others our there.

I was going to say, maybe it is time to look at what Aiptek and DXG are panning, it is in their interest to use the latest ambarella chipset. So maybe we will see ultra HD from them this year. I've just got two ideas.

One, if you started a simple new fresh, blog on hybrid news and review (take your pick, ac pen cans etc). You could email them ,and ask for an update to publish, and let their media department send updates. You just publish the best ones you like, and direct all comment traffic to threads here to attract people. Every time you have something new here you post a blog entry there to direct people here. So, like a lite simple announcement blog with no comments function.

The other idea is for ambarella like firms, and it us simple camera modules, maybe with lens. The modules are a extra small box with control input output, video and audio in and out uncompressed, screen, storage io, sync, power and USB 3 host/client to offer other functionality and optionally wifi etc video, and lens and sensor control, if lens not included. Then manufactures simply buy modules add battery custom case and controls as they wish and set functionality. The module can be board mountable, allowing it to fit a board suitable for the custom case, that has the terminals and controls routed to the sockets and case. Another option is simply to side mount such sockets and terminals so the module sits flush to the case and battery. For modules without sensor, seperate sensor module of manufacturers choosing would be used. These sorts of arrangements should suit a number of manufacturers.

For an extra hundred dollers or so, machine vision level control software is available, and $100 for cineform codec for those markets. They sell the modules to machine vision market for a couple hundred dollers+ (a $100 over the price that a camera with the module would sell). This would make a plentiful supply of quality for the price machine vision cameras. Companies as partners, like Sumix and Elphel in security cameras, are well placed to take advantage of this to market to those market segments, at a hundred times their present sales volume making ten times the profit on a hundred times the sales.

Ambarella may not go for it, as I suspect they already offer complete camera board. designs, and maybe whole camera designs that are cheaply used, but other might go for it. Also means I can buy a module and design my own case, which I have some new advanced firm factor for.

Wayne.
Old Feb 28, 2013, 11:05 PM   #18

Can you imagine, your own DIY camera with custom setup controls on a $300 module, done how you want, especially if you can mix and match senor modules. The one thing I forgot is where to get the displays. Still, any android device could be made to display. if no display module. But then again, somebody would bound to make a display that is a camera with replaceable camera module and sensor modules in a market like that.
Old Mar 1, 2013, 4:33 AM   #19

Can you imagine kodak doing that
Old Mar 1, 2013, 5:22 AM   #20

Yes I forgot you can add sunglasses. since Apple is working on a flexable screen so why not stop there