Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Mar 2, 2013, 8:58 AM   #21

Google glasses unit has s camera, great for action, but ripping off the frame you get a very small small action cam. If you add wireless you get rc cam.

Can I imagine JK doing that, definitely if they have sense. You see, there is a big hole in the market, from Sanyo, kodak, and high end aiptek, dxg, but plenty of second level competition. Having a first rate camera, as Sanyo used to do in this market, Even just to enforce reputation, some higher end models that outdoes others in the sub $600 market, comparing to $2000 cams like Sanyo did with the hd2000 series, would do wonders to savvy owners recommending it yo others. Remember all the suggestions I wrote for Aiptek and Sanyo years ago that cemented their reputations, and how they put them in (I was doing this before I even came here). Some opportunities were missed there, the hd1000 I think, had the same large sensor as the Casio fx1? That could pull 6.6mp at 60fps, slow mode, first of the exmor sensor maybe, would have made a great 3k camera. Would love to have my own camera company. Most of these small companies need serious advice to step up to the big companies.

Feel like ripping apart my z1e and making a custom case.
Wayne12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2013, 9:21 AM   #22

I'm planning on selling off the rights to some of my new camera case format designs. They are fairly radical, the pistol grip version solves most hybrid pistol issues, I thought up most of the design waiting to meet prince Harry, or before hand. I am thinking new features. It would allow pro level shooting on a pistol grip, totally changing the market. I'm thinking of using another design for myself. Apart from this there are a could of others involving enhanced 3d pen cams. I can afford to get rid of these because I'm unlikely to do my own camera company and need the money to concentrate on projects I want to do instead.

Who to sell it to, companies like Sony, Samsung, JVC, Panasonic etc could sell enough of these at $1000 as a deluxe hybrid exclusive,.to pay enough. Ambarella could manage it but there would not be as much royalty on $200 cameras.

We are looking to put together a multi million dollar company to produce products based on my other inventions.
Old Mar 2, 2013, 9:59 AM   #23

Default Media company, camera website.

Ill be starting my own business. I have thought of starting a media/web business before, and have found with a number of high volume niches (which is rare). Maybe I can some sites under this business one day. Cam sites are not so profitable, more an interest.

The issues that need research are: the cheapest setup and running options, cheapest hosting, the highest paying advertising companies, as a blog which advertising to use.

Along my ideas I think the best value hybrid/small, video on still and phone, and RC, maybe even best low cost value professional as a special interest. In other words we can get rid of 90% of models. But forums is the big work item.

What do you think?

Last edited by Wayne12; Mar 31, 2013 at 4:26 AM.
Old Mar 31, 2013, 4:20 AM   #24

Looks like even camcorderinfo has gone lean fishy.
Old Mar 31, 2013, 6:12 AM   #25

SS= Super sad. People are somewhere.?

dated march 31st 2013
Old Mar 31, 2013, 8:42 PM   #26

What phone camera sites are there?
Old Apr 1, 2013, 7:02 AM   #27

have you checked that companies website for a community?
Old Apr 2, 2013, 8:18 AM   #28

Which company? Camcorder has deleted their community by the looks of it.
Old Apr 2, 2013, 10:40 AM   #29

Sorry I said to check with companies that have community forums, not companies deleting community forums
Old Apr 2, 2013, 10:41 AM   #30

For example since we are talking Kodak, start with Kodak.com