Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Feb 24, 2013, 10:15 AM   #1

Default The new Kodak.

OK, there is actually a range of Kodak cameras coming, including at least one hybrid by the look of the photos. It turns out that JK imaging producing it is a new company, but has been selling GE cameras for a while. I've noticed an improvement in GE cameras in the last year. I wish I knew who actually made Kodak hybrid cameras, but I suspect it was the company doing the GE cameras.

JK, is in a good place to take over from the high quality Sanyo and Kodak. What I wish is ultra HD micro four thirds camera with live uncompressed 10-12 bit+ ultra hd HDMI/display port output at 50fps (display port or in camera). But the reality is we will probably get 30 fps.

http://photorumors.com/2013/01/18/jk...orless-camera/

http://www.kodakcamera.jkiltd.com/
Wayne12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 24, 2013, 10:21 AM   #2

I wish I had the original photo, but there are blurry letters that looks like 4k on the second camera from the rights information board, on my computers Res upscaled screen. This might well be something else, so don't get your hopes up.

Last edited by Wayne12; Feb 24, 2013 at 10:58 AM.
Old Feb 24, 2013, 10:36 AM   #3

OK, located the original site, but no better pictures. There is more information for those that want to look:

http://huati.weibo.com/k/柯达数码+色彩升级?from=510&order=time
Old Feb 24, 2013, 10:54 AM   #4

I have got a better site, better picture, still can't find the one with the 4k, but it might be 4x, as everything else is sadly, up to fullhd, including the sports hybrid:

http://digital.yesky.com/digikp/Kodak2013xpfbh/

Mentions another company, Asia Optical.

Just click the pictures to see more pages, and there is some sort of menu.

Last edited by Wayne12; Feb 24, 2013 at 10:59 AM.
Old Feb 24, 2013, 11:30 AM   #5

OUCH!

Hope It does not break the bank when they come out?

That is the Kodak ZI 12. WOW!

Last edited by fishycomics; Feb 24, 2013 at 1:15 PM.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2013, 7:22 PM   #6

If this is going to be the new name for Kodak "KODAK" by JK. I wonder how Kodak now feels. I am in deep thought and see how much the new ZI 12 will go for

Since Jn 2013, by April the cam should be on the market, and no later than May. they must have made it to the CES show?

not much mentioned here on Steves... but maybe by gizmodo
Old Feb 25, 2013, 3:45 AM   #7

Is this a zi12, or the latest version of the ze1?

Lucky I found it, on 43rds rumors they only put the 43rds camera in.

The Olympus 43rds pen pl-1 or something like that, is only $348 here, I would have bought one if it had a 36mb/s+ fullhdp50 manual mode (with auto set assist). But it is average, and now I would need ultra HD 80mb/s+ mode. I wish Kodak could get something like that, and 4k hybrid. Go pro is going to have a better 4k camera someday, no reason a good bigger hybrid should have less.
Old Feb 25, 2013, 3:50 AM   #8

The poco pro from lain sinclair is still tba. I wonder what it will become by the time it gets here.
Old Feb 25, 2013, 4:15 AM   #9

Nothing new about this company. When Scoot chimes in, he will tell you some info about it, he was talking about the cam, and googled steves comes up.

SFZ 1 is the Zi12 find the Kodak ZI 12 lay touch and notice the shape, the camera buttons tehy are to the T?

My money will be in my pocket for better things then to purchase some outside outfit. vmping a kodak name with JK (joking)
Old Feb 25, 2013, 4:38 AM   #10

WIth the Kodak I own and not upset at all, the best cam I evr got from them was the ZI8

will this bring back all the older models an from discintinued and raise/jack prices back up.

you just cannot restart a company and expect new models to bring the company alive?

It is badbusiness. in my eyes the parts are cheaper, the camera's cannot betrusted. and it is all word of mouth.. I will not tell you what to do, but I what Iam not is buying

maybe if Iam given a beta test model I will change my mind quickly HERE THAT JK LTD