Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Jun 29, 2013, 5:25 AM   #11

Hello again!!

Not much happening. We have had several meeting with different companies, but it has proven difficult to find a place where they have the level of expertise that we require.

We are also in search of a skilled engineer with extensive experience in engineering new lines of camera platforms. I have one in mind but not sure that he has time.

Have a nice summer!
houdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2013, 9:05 AM   #12

Hello again to you, Houdin!

I offer commiserations but have to say that I'm not really surprised seeing that the market for these cams is getting a tad overcrowded IMO. AND, as has already been said, the performance of the latest very affordable 808 keychain jobbie would surely satisfy most enthusiasts for this sort of videocam.

I think that if a really miniscule battery - and I mean miniscule - with a much larger capacity than those presently available could be designed, then you'd a stand a very good chance but that would need a new technology and many $$.
Scoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4, 2013, 12:43 PM   #13

Hey Scoot!

I know that the market is overcrowded with good and affordable cameras but the thing is, we are not trying to compete with the keycam or Gopro. We want to establish a whole new market for consumers and give them a dimension that has never been seen before.

Pretty difficult trying to explain the idea without saying anything but I'm certain that this will appeal to many people around the world.

I will keep you guys updated and when the time is ready, show you what the product evolves around.
Old Jul 6, 2013, 8:36 AM   #14

Thank you for your update. It may be a better mouse trap, your future project. Until then, I have to agree with some members, that there are products out there.

PEACE
Old Jul 7, 2013, 2:06 PM   #15

L y t r o
Old Jul 8, 2013, 6:51 AM   #16

Nope, its not that concept either I really don't think that my concept have been thought of before. The concept itself is pretty simple, but to implement it to the specific segment that we want to is going to take a whole lot of work, making contact with the right people and having some luck along the way
Old Jul 8, 2013, 1:24 PM   #17

if it ain't square , it ain't round. then its in thought
Old Jul 10, 2013, 1:55 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by houdin View Post
Hey Scoot!

I know that the market is overcrowded with good and affordable cameras but the thing is, we are not trying to compete with the keycam or Gopro. We want to establish a whole new market for consumers and give them a dimension that has never been seen before.

Pretty difficult trying to explain the idea without saying anything but I'm certain that this will appeal to many people around the world.

I will keep you guys updated and when the time is ready, show you what the product evolves around.
Right then, houdin - I'm getting the picture now and shall await developments with bated breath!
Scoot is offline   Reply With Quote