Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Jun 1, 2013, 6:28 AM   #1

Default Hybrid section

Times have changed, and how they change affects many things in many ways. Way back when the Hybrid was just a section name with no post, and the happening site "digital-info was booming, and taken over to spam, it was the Mods way, or the highway. From the late 90's, to the early 2010 this site was booming as well, and may be in ways. No spam, yet many members no longer hold an interest in the sections interest.

The Hybrid camcorder's were taken over by todays technology a Cellphone.

I carry a cellphone around each and every day a Apple Iphone 4S. It is a phone, a camera, a camcorder, a scanner, a editor, a mass storage, and much, much more.

I look at the collection of hybrids, that just collects dust, more or less like this section, only a place to gather information, an archieve?

Well maybe its time to clean up the old stuff, and get to todays new stuff.

I wish the best for this Section, and hope to see new comers join, and old members share information old and new.

It's time to bring back the section and get things going.

Thank you for all your personal time you guys brought to the hybrid section.

FISHYCOMICS.
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 1, 2013, 7:56 AM   #2

Hybrid / Still / digicams / MP3

the section now needs a change. An Old saying "A day late a dollar short.
Old Jun 2, 2013, 5:25 AM   #3

There's plenty of change in this hybrid camcorder market, Fishy - new models being introduced almost daily which is making it difficult for me to keep up with it all.

What's the latest 808 model now......lol, but I'll make a decision soon as the weather here is getting better for scootering and I do want some video footage of my rides.

Please don't get too disheartened, Fishy as there's always a number of folks viewing here even if they're not posting which is showing interest anyway.

Regards and thanks for your efforts from Scoot.
Scoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3, 2013, 9:27 PM   #4

Most cell phone video is not as good as a cheap hybrid, yet, because they use inferior sensir chips, and compression quality, I don't know , but imagine it is less quality per data and less data rate. Even my $49 camera is probably better than most cell phones.

What is better is the pocket stills camera now, though the cheap ones maybe worse. So we are being eaten by both ends.

I think we have been be trade by manufacturers, with mostly lackluster models, too similar to previous models when the leading edge of the tech that could go into a hybrid has moved to ultrahd. Where is the ambarella IOne chips, where is the ambarella 4k chips, how come they are not around for so long. Ambarella has real competition coming, waiting for high end placement is not going to get them very far, when android chip sets can eclipse them, for more power and more data rate maybe, but in the end that little extra power won't matter.

Fishy, for new name and focus, look at my previous suggestions. Video on stills, rc and phone are good combinations of the new edge of tech. I don't think I ever advocated that the forum remain hybrid just because 4k utrahd is coming, hybrid will be just one choice.

Thanks

Wayne.
Wayne12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3, 2013, 9:32 PM   #5

The new section, video on stills, rc , phone + hybrid, needs it's own site and spam stream to pay people, maybe Steve's would be interested in investing, as long as it is not hybrid only?
Wayne12 is offline   Reply With Quote