Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old May 10, 2015, 8:17 AM   #1

Default officially an Archive!!!!

Guys & Gals I want to thank you All for making Stevesdigiforums.com an Archive. A Place where our members got up, and walked away. Our Latter Moderator Sgspirit who abandoned the site years ago.

I Just want to thank myself for still being here. Thank you.

thanks FISH

102 viewers not a single fraction had even stepped in to say their peace, goes to show
139 views that is 37 in a few weeks time.

Last edited by fishycomics; May 23, 2015 at 4:26 PM.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 8, 2015, 10:16 AM   #2

Being sick busy etc. I have given up on the camera stuff as been too sick to make a career of it often. My age and brain disease has reduced me.

The reasons, I said ages ago what was needed, but apart from some mobile forums (but once people walk it is hard to get them back).

Now, you might as well collapse everything into bigger subforums to get enough people to talk to each other.

Put all drones together, put all mobile together in one mobile forum, put all dslr together. Anything that has low numbers put them together until they have enough numbers. Put all video together. Put these supper categories together even.

The more compatible people you have in a sub forum together the better. Hybrid and video people are more action orientated people with more interest in drones and action cameras. Let's face it, a hybrid like we used to own is more a video camera with point and shoot functionality.

Let's look how it might look conservatively. You can reduce the forum list even more then this:

Digicam Help:
What Camera Should I Buy? (Any type of camera, including sports and swimming).
General Discussion
News Discussion
New Technology
----The other sub forums below could be rolled into help or general discussion or an accessories sub forum, with sticky threads summarising the knowkedge. But having posts in these subforums turning up in the general forum (like in some web sites) night help).
Batteries or Power Packs
Memory Cards, Microdrives, Card Readers
Flash (External)
Studio Lighting, Flash & Other
Tripods and Heads
Remote Control
Image & Film Scanners
Digiscoping/Digital Photomicroscopy
Misc Accessories

Computers and Operating Systems:
Printers:

Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) :
(Just the ones popular enough to have enough members. All the other would be archived).
Add-On Lenses
Canon
Fujifilm
Nikon
Olympus
Panasonic / Leica
Pentax
Ricoh
Samsung
Sony
Other Point and Shoot Cameras
(Casio, H-P , Kodak, Konica Minolta, Kyocera / Yashic, Sanyo, Toshiba etc)

Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras
Popular makes as in point and shoot
Other makes as in point and shoot

Other Cameras & Video shooting:
(Drove and POV could be incorporated into one sub forum, even with video cameras. E.g: "Video shooting, video cameras Drone/Remote, POV/Action Sports Cams")
Mobile Devices (Tablets, Smart Phones, pen cameras)
Drone/Remote (Aerial, ground, water)
POV/Action Sports Cam
Video shooting and video cameras (including Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams)

Post Your Photos:
Photo Critiques
People Photos
HDR
Animal & Pet Photos
Member's & Family Photos
Landscape Photos
Close-ups
Architectural Photos
Wildlife Photos
Funny Fotos
Sports & Action Photos
Transportation
Travel Photography
Underwater Digital Photos
Digital Art (modified digicam images) Other Photos
Biweekly Shoot Out

Shooting and photo alteration techniques, and photo sharing sites:
(Photo-sharing Site Links, Nature Shooting Techniques and Xtreme Makeover can be replaced with sticky like threads and discussion here).
Tips &Tricks:
Underwater Digital Photography:

Software:
Video and Image Editing
Plug-ins & Actions (Photoshop and compatible)
Viewers or Web Page Creators
Panorama / Stitching
Printing
Resizing / Interpolation
Drivers (Wanted or Found)

Mobile is separated out as it is a vital new market.

But above all get back to reporting the news and doing lots of reviews, and help articles (like how to film and do editing etc on your mobile phone, and best camera apps) you can't make advertising money on nothing. Without the news, article and review feed why bother.
Wayne12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2015, 4:22 AM   #3

[QUOTE=fishycomics;1389899]Guys & Gals I want to thank you All for making Stevesdigiforums.com an Archive. A Place where our members got up, and walked away.

If they walked to the dpreview site which has been 'off the air' for over 12 hours now, then if dpreview doesn't get it all sorted out, they'll soon be walking back again!

Steve's Digicams was the first one of the 'big four' I came across 13 years ago and it is indeed sad to witness the decline.

Oliver.
Scoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2015, 3:29 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoot View Post

If they walked to the dpreview site which has been 'off the air' for over 12 hours now, then if dpreview doesn't get it all sorted out, they'll soon be walking back again!

Steve's Digicams was the first one of the 'big four' I came across 13 years ago and it is indeed sad to witness the decline.

Oliver.
sorry Scott, Dpreview is not down it has been still running as I visit there. I totally agree not arguing or debating. 100%

Just saying there is no action at all here. look. I came back to answer LOl (smiles)

love this place and always kept my spirits up, not like SGspirit walking away etc.... Member for life
Old Aug 9, 2015, 4:35 AM   #5

Many thanks for replying, Fishy. So it must have been something to do with my ISP or some Internet anomaly. I got 'Webpage Unavailable' so I assumed the site had gone down.

Saludos from Scoot.
Old Aug 9, 2015, 5:01 AM   #6

Quote:
Many thanks for replying, Fishy. So it must have been something to do with my ISP or some Internet anomaly. I got 'Webpage Unavailable' so I assumed the site had gone down.

Saludos from Scoot.
and you never tried it a second time Lol we all do that .

so now you came back to answer lets see how long you stay around answering or contributing?? (he he he) no pun intended.
Old Aug 9, 2015, 5:08 PM   #7

Yes, I tried quite a number of times over about an 8-hour period, Fishy and got the same message. This site, which is the one I most visit, has ALWAYS been instantly accessible as was the other sites that I regularly visit.

And as for contributing; if I thought I had anything really useful to contribute then I would!

Regards from Scoot.
Old Aug 10, 2015, 3:07 AM   #8

it is what it is. and that is why this place is what it is.

People come people go. and on a forum that is a gopro all they want to do is post video so imagine steves yeah nothing more so it is what it is

I posted 10-15 threads, and wow 100 views not a single ting so thery is your answer
Old Aug 13, 2015, 3:47 AM   #9

Quote:
Yes, I tried quite a number of times over about an 8-hour period, Fishy and got the same message. This site, which is the one I most visit, has ALWAYS been instantly accessible as was the other sites that I regularly visit.

And as for contributing; if I thought I had anything really useful to contribute then I would!

Regards from Scoot.
Well I also encountered that at the hospital, they put a block in their servers Wi-Fi and software. so that could have been the issue in the firewall. others ites worked but not a few