Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Nov 29, 2018, 3:17 AM   #1

Default DJI OSMO Pocket camera with gimbal. 4kp60 100mb/s

https://m.gsmarena.com/dji_osmo_pock...news-34455.php

Here is an extract, there is a fair bit more on the filming side:

Quote:
It shoots 4K60 video at 100Mbps with its 1/2.3" 12 MP sensor that has 1.55μm pixels, f/2.0 aperture, and an 80-degree field-of-view. The Osmo Pocket has dual mics, as well as an 875 mAh battery that should last up to 140 minutes and charges from 0 to 100% in 73 minutes.
And raw photos, about 12cm long.

Again, no zoom, and I don't know if it has focus yet.

1.55 micron pixels are large for such a small sensor. So the sensor performance might be like the Yi 4k+, and maybe better. But I don't know if the codec is h264 or h265. If it is h265 it maybe better codec quality then standard Yi 4k+, but that camera can be adjusted by hack to much higher.

Wayne12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 29, 2018, 10:12 AM   #2

was coming on to here to make a thread. Bet me to it.
poorly designed on the record control if asked/ show me single handed how to record
Old Nov 30, 2018, 2:01 AM   #3

That's what annoys. It is easy to put some buttons in a grip, its really like a Sanyo HD2000 to do. I rejected the last one first the same reason, and most gimbals. I don't want to tap a screen and shake the camera on gimbals, here you get what options? Still nice price of work, 90% there, except those physical controls, 200mb/s+ 4:2:2 12 bit HDR etc.
Old Dec 5, 2018, 10:34 AM   #4

Keeping my options open: As this camera still has not hit the market, their scheme to get people are to use people, as well as sites. I'll explain my thoughts out loud called an opinion, so some one can hang me .

1 Walmart has the camera online, sold by Adromada (whateva) andif I want it free ship or paid shipping an early date.. I can get it by Dec 12 when I wrote this on the 5th and its later in the future looking back how life was. If I head outof walmart to adromada the shipping is on the 15th pre order, but chatting with the sales team that says i don't know walmart. that the camera arrives on the 8th.

What I said was Preorders, camera will ship on Dec 15th will recieve at your house where you live after that date.

So the Story tellers (youtubers) selling you. the web stores selling you.

Do I need a camera like this that ANY camera will be on my face in focus doing its job. NO

I can use a camera that I do a tutorial that thousands of others do as well to track my move where I go. Yes

SO its yes I want it, No I don't at $350.00 I must trade off a camera for a camera. Also Do I want to make my own bottom Base because Poor mics are on the camera and who on earth like Sony puts ports there. Lol

Blah blah blah , quite alright this may wake some more dead souls up. Four moths later....
Old Dec 5, 2018, 10:14 PM   #5

Isn't Adromada in New York or something?

News shooter has a really good long review of it. To cut the story short pretty sophisticated with lots of options, as long as you plug it into a mobile and use the nobile app. Without the app, it is something that a 6 year old girl might bang her 7 year old brother over the head with. There are an array of compromises, people should look at the review first. They should put more touch controls at least, a zoom lens with focus, and maybe a touch pad you can stroke to change zoom and focus, and set shutter and aperture and EV. It's a nearly there product for me. Unless personal view forum crew hacks it and adds missing functionality in non mobile mode, or they add it in a firmware update it's of limited use for me.

https://www.newsshooter.com/2018/12/...nds-on-review/
Old Dec 6, 2018, 11:32 AM   #6

The camera is not out yet and is a gadget. maybe by the 3rd generation release date after DJI othewise I'll wait for a real hands on one ha ha ha