Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Sep 10, 2005, 1:39 PM   #11

I'm just guessing, having never had a digital camera with autofocus. I would guess that a camera with autofocus would have no need to specify two focus ranges, which suggests a two-position manual focus. I would think that on a camera in this class, if it had autofocus, the specs would mention it.

The thing you mentioned on the front of the camera could be many things.
sgspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2005, 11:36 AM   #12

Thanks for opening this topic. I bought an Aiptek IS-DV a couple of months ago from Target when it was under a hundred bucks. It has been decent. But I was wondering if this was a problem other people may know about.

When I use the image stabilization (IS)function it seems to make the still pictures a bit blurry but when I turn IS off it makes the sound falls behind the video upon playback. Has anyone else experienced this?

Other than that it is a great little camera for the price.
cowboyjoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2005, 1:56 PM   #13

have you reviewed the link

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...mp;forum_id=92

and a picture from the camera will soon be up. welcome aboard Cowboy

I owne this camera and found it had perfect stills but lack pixals on a vid. when reviewed, it made me think about a better camera but well worth the stabilization it offered, a lack of quality in the case . again welcome aboard.

fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2005, 3:48 PM   #14

sgspirit wrote:
Quote:
I'm just guessing, having never had a digital camera with autofocus. I would guess that a camera with autofocus would have no need to specify two focus ranges, which suggests a two-position manual focus. I would think that on a camera in this class, if it had autofocus, the specs would mention it.

The thing you mentioned on the front of the camera could be many things.
The Mustek DV 5500 has a (dysfunctional) auto-focus and 3 focal ranges - landscape, portrait, and macro. The focal range is set by a button or a menu option.

The manual for the SVP 8400 (K.O. of Aiptek 8000) also states it is auto-focus and has three focal ranges.
Old HACer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2005, 9:31 PM   #15

Thanks, OldHACer, I stand corrected. Is this common on digital still cameras, to have a manual zone setting with autofocus? I would think people would always be leaving the cameras with the wrong focus set, since I do it so frequently.
Old Sep 22, 2005, 1:57 AM   #16

Not sure about all cameras. My Pentax has five focus modes, including auto and manual.

And, yes, I have taken pictures in the wrong mode too.:-)
Old HACer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2005, 10:10 PM   #17

:? hi there its my first time on this forum as i have bought an Aosta DV310 today on ebay in australia...anyone have any comments on this camera re should i get the 1 gig memory card? looking at your hybrid list, its ripped off of the hanshing cameras. Hoping i havent done anything stupid here as i pressed the bid button!!
thanks
Michele
Michy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2005, 9:22 PM   #18

Michy wrote:
Quote:
:? hi there its my first time on this forum as i have bought an Aosta DV310 today on ebay in australia...anyone have any comments on this camera re should i get the 1 gig memory card? looking at your hybrid list, its ripped off of the hanshing cameras. Hoping i havent done anything stupid here as i pressed the bid button!!
thanks
Michele
Welcome to the forum, Michy,

Your camera sounds fine to me. Whether it was a good purchase depends on what you paid for it! Looking forward to hearing some comments from you about it, since Hanshing sells a lot of them and we lack coverage of them.
Old Oct 15, 2005, 6:28 AM   #19

Welcome michy I was looking at that camera 2hr batt life, and It sure looks like a winner has great features , and sure as hell looking for your full review and samples on it again welcome aboard no mistakes at all.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2005, 6:58 AM   #20

can anyone tell me where to get extra earphones for digilife 7000? thanks!
gx3k is offline   Reply With Quote