Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Oct 15, 2005, 8:44 AM   #21

if they are your simple rca pin then any store shall do, it may be you to you to decide the best pair. I replaced mine at a 99 cent store no kidding.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2005, 12:48 PM   #22

Now there's a good question. I tried, and failed. The earphones have two problems.

One is the micro-jack. You can solve this by using an adaptor, which I have. Or if you're into soldering etc. you can replace a mini with a micro jack.

The second problem is that these cameras have very low power output to the earphone jack. Most earphones use more power, and so on the 7000/720/S670, you can't get enough volume out of them.

I was unable to find earphones that provided adequate volume. I looked for earphones that had integrated amplifiers, but couldn't find any such thing. So I just put up with the original earphones. Maybe someone else knows how to solve this.
sgspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2005, 1:52 PM   #23

Any comments on the Mustek DV5200?

Ira
Monza76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2005, 12:05 AM   #24

Ira,

Sorry, I don't own that one and I don't remember anyone in the forum saying they own it. I do own a DV-3500, a broken DV-5500. and a DV-9300.

The DV-5200 is the least expensive of the 4 new Mustek modes, with a street price of around $90 USD. Like my DV-3500, it has a 2 megapixel CMOS sensor, 1.5 inch LCD screen, a max video resolution of 640x480 at up to 10 frames per second, and runs on 2 AA batteries. But the DV-5200 adds macro focus (limited manual focus) and flash for stills and deletes the PC camera feature.

The camera will have problems with low-light situations (without flash). The low frame rate for video will make clips a little jerky. With a 2 MP true resolution, you will be able to see pixelization in large (8x10) still prints.

John

Old HACer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2005, 7:36 AM   #25

Ira lets not waste our money on any of the lower musteks if you are serious on puchasing a mustek concider the 4500 and no lower I will write a review on this and promise you, this you will not be dissappointed.. let us know your price range in usc.
Old Oct 16, 2005, 10:53 PM   #26

What I can't figure out is why Mustek issued the 5200. It was far from a current design, and they already had lots of basic models.

As long as someone buying one realizes its limitations, and that it's very far from state-of-the-art hybrids, there's no reason why someone would not be as satisfied with it as people were when that level of performance was typical for hybrids. Also good for a gift, or as a starter hybrid to help figure out what you might like in a more expensive one.
sgspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2005, 12:56 AM   #27

sg....the mustek was the start 1meg 2 meg interpolated to 3,4,5,6,8,10,11 meg not just 2x zoom 3x,8x,10,18xzoom but now hd quality, As there is a demand for high def the hybrid will upgrade to hd quality and lets not forget 8mb sd 16,32.64.128 to 2 gif cards, I bet by the years end or 2008 we'llsee a high definetion hybrid and a 8 gig card that would record 2 hours of movie, Sony has theirs out and cost around 2 grand give or take. nowwatcha gonna pay?
Old Nov 7, 2005, 7:49 PM   #28

Due to the profanity this topic is edited and rephrased

Hello I am a newbie to the hybrid cameras and Am looking for a review on the Aosta dv310 camera, I understand there are no reviews and some members check in from time to time, Wil you share some information on the camera you own Any comments or suggestions are welcomed thank you

* Please refrain as we are members and guest of all ages. thank you Mod fishy

adil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2005, 10:12 PM   #29

?????

First post!! Nice entrance adil, maybe you should try again, there may have been someone you didn't offend the first time.
Monza76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2005, 4:10 PM   #30

http://www.digi-camcorder.com/12p.htm

you must look hard for a review, the camera goes under quite few names

hanshing

aosta

and this one Svp Aiptek has a camera under the same brand as well the aiptek5300 5 megapixal, and this one is software enhanced to 8megapixals good luck on your research