Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Nov 9, 2005, 10:12 PM   #31

But that review is just marketing hype to sell the thing, I want an unbiased opinion on the quality, I bought a DV182 and it was horrendous.

These EBAY cams I dont trust.

I guess I was angry in my previous post, but how dum can that guy get who bought a AOSTA dv310, then like some absolute idiot asks others for a review.

Michy you are an IDIOT.
adil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2005, 3:50 AM   #32

Adil. the hardest thing here is getting someone to write a review. They say they own a camera, then ask a ton of questions aswell, and come foward I am getting one soon. I would go to ebay, go to a feedback and grab sme names email the persons.

otherwise , I would go with a leading brand digi life, or aiptek, as well as Mustek. not a sales person, just that Yes Ebay is a resellers market, and Hanshing was a start, they got this Neat looking camera So hype, and bold in color, as i got the camera defects galour. no warantee and only way to fix it was contacting ebay, I had gotten through to the person at the higher level in Japan by email, and low and behold they answered my questions. takes time and paitience if you want sonmething good

again I appologise for deleting and editing our topic, but I see fit when profanity is used. * keep it clean we are happy. get it dirty, I'll not bann you just help out. we are not like that here trying to make others aware of the situations of hybrids thanx mod fishy

adil wrote:
Quote:
But that review is just marketing hype to sell the thing, I want an unbiased opinion on the quality, I bought a DV182 and it was horrendous.

These EBAY cams I dont trust.

I guess I was angry in my previous post, but how dum can that guy get who bought a AOSTA dv310, then like some absolute idiot asks others for a review.

Michy you are an IDIOT.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2005, 10:48 PM   #33

good day to all! I'm a total newbie to video cameras -- as in no knowledge and experience with one. I'm planning to buy one for the family. I'm quite strapped for cash and cannot afford the high-end stuff like those from sony. After searching for a while in the net, I came accross these cheap hybird dvs and was quite sure a video cam like this is just right for me. Further searching led me to these hybird dvs: Mustek dv5000, Aiptek dv3500 and digilife ddv650 and ddv7000. I am not sure which one to buy. Based on my research, it seems that mustek dv5000 is considered a classic hybird but digilife ddv7000 seems to have more functionalities and is also considered as one of the best hybirds to come out. I am not yet decided, so can anyone help me clarify which one is better? tnx in advance.
xnplx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2005, 8:46 AM   #34

bom wrote:
Quote:
several questions, do you think this have an autofocus? the specs says it has a focus range of normal (.5~infinity) and macro (.06m wide ~.35 tele). i'm attaching a picture of the camera, do you think the small window in the upper right corner is an AF illuminator? the specs doesn't say anything about this.

thanks,
bom

hi bom,

had you proceeded with the aosta da5091? how is it?

dwayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2005, 2:41 PM   #35

xnplx wrote:
Quote:
good day to all! I'm a total newbie to video cameras -- as in no knowledge and experience with one. I'm planning to buy one for the family. I'm quite strapped for cash and cannot afford the high-end stuff like those from sony. After searching for a while in the net, I came accross these cheap hybird dvs and was quite sure a video cam like this is just right for me. Further searching led me to these hybird dvs: Mustek dv5000, Aiptek dv3500 and digilife ddv650 and ddv7000. I am not sure which one to buy. Based on my research, it seems that mustek dv5000 is considered a classic hybird but digilife ddv7000 seems to have more functionalities and is also considered as one of the best hybirds to come out. I am not yet decided, so can anyone help me clarify which one is better? tnx in advance.
As we all know if in the USA target is the place to purchase that Aiptek MPVR at 98.00

and for that it is the best price ever. as for the all time classic Yes the mustek 4500 (5000) as well as the 3500. with older aiptek models are best suited.
Old Nov 22, 2005, 10:05 AM   #36

Home Shopping Network will be selling the Mustek DV5300SE as a Today's Special this Saturday, November 26.

We may havenew membersshortly.:G

Too bad they aren'tselling the DV9300 as I could answer questions on that model.

Old HACer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2005, 11:19 AM   #37

I might just pick one up for that price? And being a previous member I did leave feedback as a review to visit the site so lets hope not just the onliners but the tv watchers review the nline page thanks Oldhacer 3xaaa battery hmmmm I dio not know under 2hrs I guessOld HACer wrote:
Quote:
Home Shopping Network will be selling the Mustek DV5300SE as a Today's Special this Saturday, November 26.

We may havenew membersshortly.:G

Too bad they aren'tselling the DV9300 as I could answer questions on that model.

Old Nov 22, 2005, 12:02 PM   #38

fishycomics wrote:
Quote:
I might just pick one up for that price?

If you want to save a few bucks, try here .

Oops ... Didn't notice the $20 mail-in rebate and free shipping on the Today's Special, making it a better deal.
Old Nov 23, 2005, 6:22 PM   #39

The Mustek (Taiwan) site is listing a new model, DV12M .:-)

Old Nov 27, 2005, 5:23 PM   #40

Well, I laid out the jing for the HSN special last night, and to be honest I am really excited about the DV5300SE. First of all, my wife and I aren't professional photographers, nor are our needs very extravagant. We own a 1 yr old Vivitar 3.2MP that we use quite often, and she has a micro-mini keychain model that takes a mess of pix on 1 A battery, no flash or LCD, but it cost $19 USA. With a recent cell phone upgrade, now we each have a camera on our phones which we normally always carry.

So when I tried to narrow down our picture taking needs to which one piece of hardware to invest in so as not to add any more redundancy to our current cameras, it was either go yard and throw down a mess-o-cabbage on a high MP, way high tech model costing one large, or look for a type we didn't already own; cam-corder. My wife just has a thing for miniatures, anything, she has micro mini bric-a-brac spanning years in the collecting. So when I saw the Mustek product on HSN, watched the demo, compared the cash outlay, I decided it was right for us.

Since it is so small, that means we wil take it with us more often than a larger model which I always have to think twice about packing. I like to travel light. Our trips already consist of a laptop with cell phone linkup as well as a travelling wireless router to go broadband while away. I don't need another padded bag of crap to forget.

Based on the demo on TV, and all that I have been able to investigate by googling, for what I spent I believe were going to be pleasantly surprised. The little thing was $119 ,less a $20 show special, that made it $99, has a $20 mail in rebate, and I used their 3 pay option, which means that before I get the rebate back, my monthly payment on the plastic with sales tax is like $35. Oh, and shipping was free.

I will follow up once we receive it, and have had a chance to play. But come on, under a hundred? What do you want?

stevenwright is offline   Reply With Quote