Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Nov 27, 2005, 6:56 PM   #41

Welcome aboard steve...... how did you find the site was there a link in the review on HSN.com to here?

I have many models and One is the Mustek 5300. you'll be amazed. we hope you can fill in the blanks on it when you recieve it by 12-06 congrads on both the site and th camera or cameras.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2005, 12:05 AM   #42

Hi guys, no I found the site on Google while researching Mustek products. Can't wait to get it, I will post comments then.

TTFN
stevenwright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2005, 6:16 PM   #43

Old HACer wrote:
Quote:
The Mustek (Taiwan) site is listing a new model, DV12M .:-)

Update:
Question to Mustek USA Support on Nov 23:
"The Mustek site in Taiwan is listing a new model, the DV12M.
Will this model be available in the USA and, if so, when?"

Answer from Mustek USA Support on Nov 28:
"At this time, we do not know the exact date of release.
Please check our online store,
www.mustekdirect.com, for updates.
Thank you."

Old HACer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2005, 3:34 AM   #44

Well, I've spent hours and hours trying to figure this all out and I'm just not having any luck. Hope you can help me. I want to get a hybrid for my 12 year old daughter for Christmas. This is her first camera. I've had digital cameras for years, so I have a pretty good understanding of the features, etc., but it just seems like there are SO MANY to look at and they sound so much alike.

Basically, I'd like it to take decent (printable to 8x10)still pictures without a lot of hassle, "good enough" video for her to have fun with, and a mp3 player. I was initially thinking that I would rather have rechargeable batteries, but the discussions about the battery life on the Mustek 4500 are swaying me a bit, so I'm not sure about that. And of course, the price should be less than...say $130 or so. And I'd like it to come with software that is fun and easy to use.

The Mustek DV9300 looks pretty cool, but it looks like it doesn't come with the software that the 4500 has. Doesn't the 4500 play mp3's? I'm looking at Mustek's specs and it looks like it doesn't, but then it has "mp3" right on the case and this forum says it does... I'm really confused! I was trying to look at some of Digilife and Aiptek's hybrids, too, but then my brain felt like it was going to explode...:OI've read lots of these posts--some multiple times, but I'm just not getting any closer. Suggestions?

Thanks, Judi
starwishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2005, 5:03 AM   #45

Judi Please open a new thread or topic this is a welcome site, Welcome aboard when I get home - out the door I'll answer your questions better

mustek dv4500 go past page one and you;l see the mustek dv4500 5000 I own it I love it 3 hours garanteed get rechargables

aiptek mpvr eexcellent camera 2 hours lithium rechargable

mustek software Ulead video suite hard

aiptek video workds alot better

got to run

starwishing wrote:
Quote:
Well, I've spent hours and hours trying to figure this all out and I'm just not having any luck. Hope you can help me. I want to get a hybrid for my 12 year old daughter for Christmas. This is her first camera. I've had digital cameras for years, so I have a pretty good understanding of the features, etc., but it just seems like there are SO MANY to look at and they sound so much alike.

Basically, I'd like it to take decent (printable to 8x10)still pictures without a lot of hassle, "good enough" video for her to have fun with, and a mp3 player. I was initially thinking that I would rather have rechargeable batteries, but the discussions about the battery life on the Mustek 4500 are swaying me a bit, so I'm not sure about that. And of course, the price should be less than...say $130 or so. And I'd like it to come with software that is fun and easy to use.

The Mustek DV9300 looks pretty cool, but it looks like it doesn't come with the software that the 4500 has. Doesn't the 4500 play mp3's? I'm looking at Mustek's specs and it looks like it doesn't, but then it has "mp3" right on the case and this forum says it does... I'm really confused! I was trying to look at some of Digilife and Aiptek's hybrids, too, but then my brain felt like it was going to explode...:OI've read lots of these posts--some multiple times, but I'm just not getting any closer. Suggestions?

Thanks, Judi
Old Nov 29, 2005, 1:02 PM   #46

Oops. Sorry. I was thinking this was the right place to post that... Should have known better. Thanks for the quick post.

Judi
starwishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2005, 2:27 PM   #47

welcome StarWishing. I believe I may have to appologise, I wanted the topic for welcomers to the site to introduce themselfs but it is also a place to ask questions so posting here I may have to change my brief description, accept my appologese on it. I'll post the answer in a sec
Old Nov 30, 2005, 9:03 AM   #48

Hello!

The wife ordered the dv5300SE from HSN for my Christmas present. I should get it in time for a work related trip to NYC/Manhattan. Initially I wasn't looking forward to getting it as I wanted a Sony mini-dvd or the JVC GZ-MC200 microdrive camcorder, but the more I think about it the more I'm looking forward to it.

The problem I have found is the lack of reviews on the dv5300SE. In fact I found this site while googling for reviews.

Scott

newcameradude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2005, 5:34 PM   #49

NewC (scott) Welcome to the site . and Yes need a Tour guide? I take musteks dv5300se for payment? (just kidding)

the camera should be a blast, I am concidering one as well. but hesitant on it.

there are many places in the city to visit, and lots to see. I hope you have a great time here, temps are excellent right now and getting back 2 the camera.

I made the review , to grab Guests just like you. to have fun after the purchase, hope you enjoy and let us know what you think.

ps updatemany places to visit Mott street known for a number of ethnic culture foods and intrests china town lil Italy etc. South street seaport by the brooklyn bridge. and

The best place to visit , and trade in your camera B & H cameras around9th or 10th ave aroud 33 or 39 street. (just kidding all the camera camcorders if you know howto haggle (bargain) as well as J & R on 3 park row lol

Old Dec 1, 2005, 12:10 AM   #50

newcameradude wrote:
Quote:
Hello!

The wife ordered the dv5300SE from HSN for my Christmas present. I should get it in time for a work related trip to NYC/Manhattan. Initially I wasn't looking forward to getting it as I wanted a Sony mini-dvd or the JVC GZ-MC200 microdrive camcorder, but the more I think about it the more I'm looking forward to it.

The problem I have found is the lack of reviews on the dv5300SE. In fact I found this site while googling for reviews.

Scott

Me too, dude. I got mine yesterday, posted a few comments in the other site.
stevenwright is offline   Reply With Quote