Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Jul 20, 2005, 2:27 PM   #1

Welcome One and All, Please say hello. tell us just a little about yourself , and where you found us, if of an old member or brand new to the web.

In Here you May Ask any question,, and we'll do our best to help Answer them, If we do not have the answer, we'll make one up for you, or find a solution to the Challange.

We will also try our best to direct you to a thread , or topic that may be of help.

Thank you. and hope all have a great time posting

the Moderators of Steves hybrid section MOD FISHY

Welcome All I am a newbie to Steve's furom,(spring 2005)and hope to be of great assistance to this index of Hybrid still/movie/mp3/digicams,

I own 3 musteks, and2 aiptek, and have had many challenges of comments, complaints , concerns and best of all recommendations. Once again I wanted to say Hello My username is fishycomics possable change to a better suited name for the furom, thank you.

fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 27, 2005, 9:51 PM   #2

do you know anything about the adventure dv3?

ive noticed the adventure dv3 is pretty much a dv3500.....everythings the same except one thing....in video whats the fps of the dv3?
cabbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2005, 11:51 PM   #3

The Adventure DV3 is a Mustek camera that comes with a rubber housing that stretches around the perimeter of the camera. They must intend this thing to take a beating, as I've heard of a camera like this, plus one similar to it, neither with extra protection, being dropped 1metre onto concrete with no damage other than scratches.

It seems difficult to find fps specs for it. Perhaps www.mustek.com, or www.mustek.com.tw has them. Beware that it doesn't appear to have a flash. Cameras of that general design typically did 640x480 at 11fps.
sgspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2005, 6:03 AM   #4

ok well heres the deal....i might trade a 1.5ghz with 40 gigs and 256 ram for it.....i mean the comp cant be worth too much anymore could it?
cabbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2005, 11:20 AM   #5

As Sgspirit said, it is a dv3500 with a rubber housing, I am trying to get that cover and modify it over the 4500 flah or my 3500 If your deal does not fal through maybe we can work out something for the rubber housing only. a neat camera, will protect and I remember it also comes it a bright yellow.
Old Aug 31, 2005, 7:09 AM   #6

hello

I finally got a digilife dv7000 and am using a 1gb PQI sd card (45x) and things are quite smooth. I am very much satisfied with it but has a few questions:

1. Where in the heck will i find a driver for this device online if ever i lost the cd? Can anyone tell where to find one or email me the driver?

2. I have copied pics and videos (.jpg and .avi format) from the pc onto the cam so i cound view them in the cam (and view them in any tv set) but none of them were recognized by the device. Is there a software i could use to convert them to files that dv 7000/720 can read?

3. Any problems/bugs about using the cam (like using a 1gb sd card) i should know about?

Thanks a lot guys!
This forum rules!
gx3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31, 2005, 9:30 AM   #7

1. Where in the heck will i find a driver for this device online if ever i lost the cd? Can anyone tell where to find one or email me the driver?

Today , if you or a friend, or co-worker will do you the favour of making a back up, 2 for safety, you will be fine. You may email, The company and read the registration card that will help you out.

2. I have copied pics and videos (.jpg and .avi format) from the pc onto the cam so i cound view them in the cam (and view them in any tv set) but none of them were recognized by the device. Is there a software i could use to convert them to files that dv 7000/720 can read?

Jpegs should have no problem when you are saving them from a camera to the pc , bad back to the camera , as long as you keep it under the same folder of the configurated files of the camera.

Video, on the other hand may be a inside secret to some , and are not sharable to others, and types of cameras. I understand a few members have had luck in transfering a file from their pc to their camera.

You have to convert, and add codec to the file and its software.

I find it very simple , but time consuming. just to have a quite room and my tv and hitting record, to watch a movie.

3. Any problems/bugs about using the cam (like using a 1gb sd card) i should know about?

If your camera supports andallows a 1 gig card you are fine, but if it allows a 512 and you are trying out a sd 2 gig, then it will only see 512. if the camera can read it. like my olympus it can only read 64kb and the digits go as high as *** anditwill support a 128 and the digits will not go higher then *** but when it reachs 999 it will then count down correctly, apon uploading to the pc the time will be truley longer then usual.

I am not an expert, but as I have some expierience with the one's I own, I am learning everyday, and I can only share what I know.

Welcome aboard and thank you for your imput, I am sure Sgspirit will have a better out take on the video transfer part. thanks again and havefun......Fishy
Old Sep 8, 2005, 7:00 AM   #8
bom

hi, i'm from the philippines and i'm planning to buy my first digital camera. i've done lots of research on branded cameras and found them to be expensive. then i found my way to these hybrid cameras that can do many things with a much lesser price. i'm not quite sure of the quality (picture and videos) compare to the branded ones, since i haven't get much information (samples, user reviews) for these hybrid cameras. i'm both interestedwith ddv-7000 (or ddv-720) and aosta da5091 (though not a hybrid), and having trouble choosing between them. Their both made in Taiwan (is the quality of these cameras acceptable)? their price is comparable, but here's their differences:

aosta da5091 - 5mp ccd, 3x optical zoom,compact size (91x58x27), tiff format?

digilife ddv-7000- 3mp 4t cmos, mp3, 8xdigital, swivel screen, bigger size

Pls help me choose, and if you have any information with these cameras(incl. manual), do let me know. Btw, i found one site for the aosta here, but it's not enough info: http://www.ifoto-usa.com/da5091.htm

thanks,
bom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8, 2005, 11:17 PM   #9

Hi Bom,

Welcome to the forum!

If you can do without the mp3, I'd say the Aosta is the better camera. Better sensor and optical zoom. I'm on my third "second-tier" manufacturer's camera now, and I'd say the quality is not a concern. My Aiptek had issues, but I could live with them. The Digilife's have been completely reliable. No experience with Aosta.

sgspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2005, 6:59 AM   #10
bom

several questions, do you think this have an autofocus? the specs says it has a focus range of normal (.5~infinity) and macro (.06m wide ~.35 tele). i'm attaching a picture of the camera, do you think the small window in the upper right corner is an AF illuminator? the specs doesn't say anything about this.

thanks,
bom
Attached Images

bom is offline   Reply With Quote