Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Sep 25, 2006, 6:14 PM   #101

DVV-589

Attached Images

Old HACer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2006, 6:58 PM   #102

Smart ZOOM was in the IS-DV2 it's a great improvement in digital zoom cleans up the shot big timecheck out the IS-DV2 vids
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2006, 11:59 PM   #103

Old HACer,

Thanks for spotting these DXG cameras. Interesting, but I don't think I'd buy one. Neither claims to have optical zoom, image stabilization PMP functions or video-in. The DVH 572 is single range fixed focus, it's largish, and seems to have no mp3 mode. While the DVV 589 has a 3" screen and an FM radio, it's limited to 20fps video. No thanks, unless they cost $50.
sgspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2006, 10:13 PM   #104

Probably these cameras have been mentioned before, but just in case we've missed them.

Samsung
ITCAM 5
ITCAM 7 350K..ccd..648/480/?..x/10x..2.0"..auto..mp3...1.5G/md/ms..232....rech..VI
ITCAM 9

The three models seem to be the same except for the set of accessories bundled with each.

It appears this camera was widely pubicized in 2003 but never reached the market. So I'm not going to include it in the Hybrid List. Looks like very limited stills capabilty but otherwise nice. Obviously the forerunner of the Miniket line.

Old Oct 1, 2006, 3:23 PM   #105

Ispan DDV-760

5 MP CMOS fixed focus, 2.4 in LCD, NP-60 battery - No A/V input. Appears to be a clone of theDigilife DDV-C511.

Attached Images

Old Oct 1, 2006, 10:26 PM   #106

As I added the 760 to the Hybrid List, the only difference with the C511 I saw was the maximum memory card capacity, and a small difference in size. Given the vagaries of these specs, it could be the same camera.
Old Oct 2, 2006, 6:34 PM   #107

Here's another "*Available Now*" from Ispan:

Ispan DDV-950 <== Click for specs

Looks like Ispan (Digilife) is using a new chip set. Hope the menus/features are improved.

Attached Images

Old Oct 3, 2006, 8:10 AM   #108

Isonic (av050) looks

to the T but a lil reversed on its lens and flash

Mustek DV536 may be the newest model I found.

seems it will be a littleeasier to do a search for newer cameras now.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 2006, 12:38 AM   #109

I took a look at the DDV-950's downloadable manual, and it looks pretty good, with the exception of an optical zoom. It has a histogram function, it seems to have autofocus, it has lots of mp3 features and controls, including a basic equalizer and the ability to delete mp3's, and zone AE metering. It has quite a few other minor features that are annoyingly missing from most of the mainstream hybrids. It has some games. And a fast boot up time. It's Coach 8m dsp is a Zoran product. Which is interesting because the 810, which I didn't like, also had a Zoran dsp.

I note it will do 720x482 at 30fps. IF this is with the same degree of compression as earlier cameras do 640x480, it means it must have a faster data rate. And IF that is so, the same faster data rate could be used with less compression at 640x480 to give more detailed videos. And THAT would be nice to have. Unfortunately I can't find the data rate spec.

It comes with a cheap pouch instead of a nice case. And it doesn't mention coming with software that allows you to use it as a PMP device.

Looks good. I'd be tempted to buy one.

There is a DDV-520 listed on eBay, as a DVC-800
http://cgi.ebay.com/Digilife-DVC-800...QQcmdZViewItem

None of the other new models, yet.

There's also a DDV-D7A on eBay, which looks like the 920.

Old Oct 4, 2006, 3:27 AM   #110

I didn't download the manual ... thanks for the added information. From the specs only, I believe this is a Digilife DDV-5120A, which has a brief reviewin the forum.

Looking at the Zoran website, COACH (Camera On A CHip) is what they call their camera chipsets. Currently, there are COACH 8 and COACH 9 sets described on the website.

Good find on the Digilife DVC-800. I'm watching it to see if anybody offers a starting bid. Ive been watching BuyNow auctions on DXG DVC-408s and DXG-505Vs ... so far, no takers. Went for $259 USD to an Aussie.