Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Oct 4, 2006, 10:48 PM   #111

Thanks for pointing out my chipset error. I should have known better. So if the 950 is a Zoran, I wonder how much of the 810's objectionable aspects it inherited. I never really liked the 810 and got rid of it the first chance I got. (I hope the new owner doesn't read this, because I described it to him somewhat more positively.)

In the interests of accurate information, I'll correct my post above.
sgspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5, 2006, 5:21 PM   #112

Taiwan–Model DV-6403E from Advanced Image Technology Corp. has photo, movie, audio and TV recording functions. It has 30fps movie capture with DVD quality TV-in recording. It supports Exif, DCF, JPEG, WAV, MP3, AVI, ASF and MOV formats.

The unit uses 4MP CCD with up to 12MP resolution and has 2in LCD with 180° and 270° angle twist. It has 3x Optical zoom with up to 48x zoom. The model comes with 128Mb flash memory and also supports up to 1Gb. Its Li-ion battery can shoot for two hours straight at a single battery charge.

fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5, 2006, 5:25 PM   #113

D max ltd

what is so special about this model

It is a phone and a camcorder and can film at 60fps at qvga

Old Oct 5, 2006, 5:30 PM   #114

last but nott least The Ispan ddv520 model that was supposed to hit the market well it's pulled . they made a high res one at 10xoptical so is that a wait or what.

so there you go a triple delight..
Old Oct 5, 2006, 6:46 PM   #115

fishycomics wrote:
Quote:
last but nott least The Ispan ddv520 model that was supposed to hit the market well it's pulled . they made a high res one at 10xoptical so is that a wait or what.

so there you go a triple delight..

I still see the old version => here <=

Where do see the 10X optical version?
Old HACer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5, 2006, 8:06 PM   #116

give away my secrets funny how I posted above the same camera but take note , not the same.

may have readwrong sorry, Advance Image technolgy is the company Its the AVIT dam i thought I was close.

High Resolution MPEG4 Digital Media Camera
DV-6610 High Resolution MPEG4 Digital Media Camera with 10x Optical Zoom

Old Oct 13, 2006, 7:05 PM   #117

New "Future Products" on Digilife USA website:

DDV-1100

DDV-5110B

DDV-5300A
Old Oct 14, 2006, 4:37 PM   #118

I added a whole bunch of cameras to the Hybrid List today. Mostly clones, as usual.

I didn't add the D max "phone" cam since there is so little information about it. And I doubt it has a phone. It's also not clear what the storage medium is.

So Digilife is pouring out new models. Or perhaps these are just "artists' impressions"? Seems to me they announce new models far to much in advance of the actual release dates.

The Digilife DDV-5300 looks like they want to cash in on the success of the JVC Everio line. They seem to have dropped some of their attractive features to go more like a mainstream camcorder. The external mic suggests autofocus. The 1Gb sd card size limit, if it's accurate, suggests a low data rate, which will give disappointing video quality (especially at 720x480/30fps) for something that has the styling of a big step forward.

It will be interesting to see how large and expensive this camera is, if it ever reaches the market. Remember the tv tuner for the 910/920?

The Advanced Image Technology DV-6610 looks attractive for the very high (4Mbps) data rates. This suggests very detailed video, but at the cost of filling memory more than twice as fast as most cheaper hybrids (1.5-1.8Mbps). Still, I could live with that for the better quality. I sure would like to see the manufacturers post the data rates as part of the standard list of specs. That would go a long way to telling us how sharp these cameras take video.
Old Oct 30, 2006, 6:50 PM   #119

New SVP products:

HDDV-8800

HDDV-8900
Old Oct 31, 2006, 9:46 PM   #120

Thanks, as always, oldHACer, for spotting these.

The specs etc. make them seem like Digilife clones, but they're sufficiently different that I'll add them to the list as distinct models.